It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sausage Burritos, hash browns, and a Chocolate shake from McDonalds for brekkie.Was thinking of pancakes but my helper gives me such attitude when I ask her to cook, so I changed my mind. Haven't had them in over a year Daniel is cooking a big meal tonight, not sure what.oink, oink!! Smells good in here from Flannel, a BBW scented candle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn’t sleep well last night and I started out the morning mega stressed with help my mom needed today and things on my to do list. But before I tackled anything I really felt like I needed to get to the gym after missing four days. Had a good long workout that felt great, it was free bagel day so I brought home lunch and when I got home I found out my mom had taken care of her own issues (this in itself is a small miracle). Suddenly my day was free to work on my own to do list. It cold out but sunny enough that roads are improving and I will be able to run my errands without risking an accident. All in all, a very good day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sausage Burritos, hash browns, and a Chocolate shake from McDonalds for brekkie.Was thinking of pancakes but my helper gives me such attitude when I ask her to cook, so I changed my mind. Haven't had them in over a year Daniel is cooking a big meal tonight, not sure what.oink, oink!! Smells good in here from Flannel, a BBW scented candle.
I hope you get a new helper. She seems awful. That sounds like a good breakfast though! I love McD's hash browns.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I woke up this morning I couldn't find most of Carleton's toys. He likes to kick them with his paws under the furniture. :dizzycat:
I used a flashlight to look for them as he anxiously watched and fortunately I found all but one toy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get a new helper. She seems awful. That sounds like a good breakfast though! I love McD's hash browns.
I do as well. She is so negative. Told me yesterday that she would rather do personal care and I replied:So you help someone bathe and then what do you do for the next 2.5 or 3.5 hours? She hates to cook, well that is her job.She hates to clean as well. I'm spending time with Daniel today so I won't have to be stressed by her surliness.I wish I had the money to hire a good helper.

The brekkie was amazing! I could've eaten 2 hashbrowns, yum. I put the shake in the freezer and had it later on.
I could go for the chocolate mouse cake you posted.

I'm having a nice morning, I have Paranormal Activity in the DVD player, and going to make a hot cup of Chamomile tea.
Only going to be 27 today. Daniel and I may go to Swenson's, yum
Swensons Drive-In Restaurants, "America's Best Cheeseburger"

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do as well. She is so negative. Told me yesterday that she would rather do personal care and I replied:So you help someone bathe and then what do you do for the next 2.5 or 3.5 hours? She hates to cook, well that is her job.She hates to clean as well. I'm spending time with Daniel today so I won't have to be stressed by her surliness.I wish I had the money to hire a good helper.

The brekkie was amazing! I could've eaten 2 hashbrowns, yum. I put the shake in the freezer and had it later on.
I could go for the chocolate mouse cake you posted.

I'm having a nice morning, I have Paranormal Activity in the DVD player, and going to make a hot cup of Chamomile tea.
Only going to be 27 today. Daniel and I may go to Swenson's, yum
Swensons Drive-In Restaurants, "America's Best Cheeseburger"
I am still thinking about you not getting your pancakes. Maybe Daniel can make you a batch. If they are layered between wax paper they can be frozen and will reheat wonderfully.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted a few times about getting my mom, who is 90 and nearly blind, an Alexa for Christmas. I originally had planned to also get her a Wemo, which is a WiFi connected outlet plug that works with Alexa so that lights can be turned on and off by voice. But with the bathroom remodel going on and over budget, it is a financially tighter Christmas than usual and I had decided I couldn’t afford to spend another $25-50 to get her one. This afternoon, though, I stopped by the Goodwill and there it was. A Wemo, brand new in a sealed box, that after senior discount cost me $7.25! Mom is going to love it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met a group of friends for dinner tonight and in the spirit of the holidays we were supposed to bring a White Elephant gift. I went home with a stainless steel insulated water bottle. It's a perfect gift to bring to the gym tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had two unexpected calls today. One friend helping me to find homes for kitties and another calling to say that they and their son are coming for a visit right after Christmas. I also got to enjoy reading the positives here!
Sidewinder Sidewinder those were beautiful landscape shots! Great pics of the kitties too! I hope your day off went as planned and was fun. Although I was out and supporting my Mom early, I would Ike to have stayed. I did bring her to live with me a bit later though and my nephew stayed with his folks awhile. He is now helping out his Grandfather. It used to be that generations here stayed together. I think it’s nice when families stay close.
neely neely Charleton always looks gorgeous but the grooming does add lovely fluffiness. :)
Mia6 Mia6 You’ve got me craving pancakes! I hope you do get some!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It may be pancake day!!! I hope so as the recipe makes 12 so I can snack on them throughout the weekend. This is Nicole's last day of work till after the first day of the year. She inherited my mother's Christmas gene and her house looks lovely. She'll be baking and Daniel will be cooking some special food we all love. I was so over Fettuccine Alfredo; just had it too many times, but he makes it with 3 different cheeses, marinated boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. You can have it w/o the chicken or with but it's the best I've ever
had.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a guy in our bowling team who is going through hard times, unemployed, barely able to afford bowling week to week.
We help him out when he is running short and he does his best to pay us back.
The team has bowled really well and got ourselves up into second place against the top team who has 3 pro bowlers so we got the League president to bundle up all our prize monies and give it to this guy so he can afford to have his young kids stay with him for at least a couple of weeks over the Christmas holidays and get some presents for the kids.
Lots of tears last night.
Feels good to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.