It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Nicole's for Eve and she had a nice spread. Honey-baked ham, deviled eggs, dill dip and veggies, cheesy potatoes, Meatballs, they are amazing, my mother's recipe. She gave me a container of chocolate chip cookies to take home. I wasn't able to stay long because the pain reared its ugly head so Daniel packed up food and they brought my gifts in the house for me.I usually open them at her house.It's all good now. I was able to lower them early this morning without having to go to er as I sometimes do. Turkey dinner later on but I will have to skip that. It is what it is. Could be worse. I have new pretty pjs that I just washed along with my new throw so I'll be warm and cozy and well fed, oink oink!🐷

What about you guys?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to bed and the house was around 60* because we had beautiful weather yesterday. Felt a little warm, LoL, as I've been keeping the heat closer to 50-55* this winter. Woke up this morning so cozy! It dropped closer to 50* and felt so warm and snuggly in my bed! What a wonderful way to wake up for Christmas morning. Should reach almost 60* again today, so the cats can enjoy open windows for most the day!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nice and quiet this morning, and my Little Red Betta had a good appetite. He's my best indicator if the water quality in the tank is good (Big Blue will eat anything anytime, so he's no help lol).

Poppycat got all his demands met :).

Last night, had a tasty dinner, then watched We Bought a Zoo (nice movie, we enjoyed it) and then watched part of FX's new A Christmas Carol. Wow! It's intense, --they took the story and filled in the blanks, plus tried to be really historically accurate.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't able to stay long because the pain reared its ugly head so Daniel packed up food and they brought my gifts in the house for me.I usually open them at her house.It's all good now.
I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and in pain but glad you were able to spend part of Christmas Eve with loved ones and are doing better now. :hugs:

I baked all afternoon into the early evening then DH and I stayed up late to watch a Law & Order marathon. Going to bring my baked goodies to the neighbor's today, it's become a tradition. In fact, I made the recipe from Winchester Winchester for her apple coffee cake. I hope it tastes as good as hers, here's how it turned out.

IMG_0302.jpeg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool..you in my home town.
Where you headed next along the coast??
Are you doing a tour or just doing your own thing..heaps to see here.
We're doing a cruise. Our shore excursion today was actually in Ballarat where I was living the dream.

1226191021a.jpg
1226191026a.jpg

Sadly, we'd left by the time I saw this. We're headed down to Port Arthur next. Then I think Adelaide?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're doing a cruise. Our shore excursion today was actually in Ballarat where I was living the dream.

View attachment 314459View attachment 314460

Sadly, we'd left by the time I saw this. We're headed down to Port Arthur next. Then I think Adelaide?
Ballarat is one of my favourite towns..has a lot of history.
Some of the roads around the town are made with crushed quartz that have a bit of gold in it so you are really driving down a road paved in gold..lol
Looks like you had a great time with the Wallabies and 'roos..have fun on rest of trip.
Hopefully Kangaroo island is on your tour list when you get to Adelaide...great place to visit.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should reach almost 60* again today, so the cats can enjoy open windows for most the day!
I can't wait for spring. It's 21 degrees here. :bawling:

apple coffee cake
I don't like dessert much, but that looks good. Does it have coffee in it? :yummy:

Our shore excursion today was actually in Ballarat where I was living the dream.
Aww, that's the best part, feeding the animals! 😍 I need to try to get to a petting zoo this summer. They usually have them at the county fairs.

My positive for today is that I reconnected on Facebook with my best guy friend from over 20 years ago. It's nice to talk to a guy who never lectures me, even though he's 15 years older. We've never had a single argument in all the years we knew each other. :hugs:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and in pain but glad you were able to spend part of Christmas Eve with loved ones and are doing better now. :hugs:

I baked all afternoon into the early evening then DH and I stayed up late to watch a Law & Order marathon. Going to bring my baked goodies to the neighbor's today, it's become a tradition. In fact, I made the recipe from Winchester Winchester for her apple coffee cake. I hope it tastes as good as hers, here's how it turned out.

View attachment 314221
It looks delicious. You can't go wrong with one of Winchester's recipes.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
QUOTE]

Thanks, neely. Your cake looks amazing. Nicole makes one similar but wih walnuts and in a bundt pan.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like dessert much, but that looks good. Does it have coffee in it? :yummy:
Yes, it does, 3/4 cup of coffee! :thumbsup: It was a great dessert for brunch.

Planning to return a few gifts from yesterday but the positive is Carleton got a new "da bird" toy only it had a fish instead of a bird so I call it, "da fish." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.