It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Day started off bad because my helper called off two days in a row, then with the weekend that
means no help till Monday. No sense grousing so I did some smalls, will wash some throws
today. I am reading a good book on my tablet and DVDs to pick up from the library. I've got
a big, warm kitty sleeping on a blanket beside me.:thumbsup:

EDIT:
That is not my Big Cal, I googled Maine Coon and found it,
But it looks just like her especially since she has her winter mane.

1576915956792.png

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH asked if I have a secret boyfriend.
So...do you? :lolup:

Wow, what an excellent day.
Glad your day went so well. :thumbsup:

No sense grousing so I did some smalls
What are smalls? Small chores? :think:

received in a dream a long-awaited idea about the program
No idea what that means, but it sounds exciting. :cool:

My positive for today is that I bought 7 bottles of hot sauce from Mex Grocer. They sent me a free shipping coupon, so of course I couldn't resist. Some of them were spicy taco type sauces for my new love of burritos and the others were my favorite habanero. :hyper:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What's that? Fancy pancakes?
I thought of you because we went to the creperie I mentioned in an earlier post. I took a pic of my crepes for you since a picture is worth a thousand words. I ordered the Veggie Florentine - crimini mushrooms, carmelized onions, spinach, mozzarella and mushroom sauce. Wish you could have been there to enjoy them with me. 🤗

IMG_0291.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I never would have guessed that. :eek2:

two sparrows having exuberant baths in the heated birdbath
I never heard of birds having a heated bath! That's so sweet to do that for them. 🐦

Veggie Florentine - crimini mushrooms, carmelized onions, spinach, mozzarella and mushroom sauce.
Oh my, that looks amazing! It looks like an omelet, but in a pancake. I wish I was there too. :yummy:

My positive for today is that I reconnected with my best friend from high school on Facebook. We were talking about our childhood pets. It's so weird to talk to somebody who actually remembers my angel kitty Mally and held him on her lap. It feels nice to keep their memories alive. 🐈🐕

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely, sunny day today. It would have been my mother's 96th birthday, damn, I miss her.
We had such fun going to movies, watching them at home, going out to eat. She had the
best sense of humor, a dry wit. Miss you mom. I've been watching some of our fave movies
lately.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
About this time last year I found a $20 Starbucks gift card lying in the slush at the gas station. Today while making a quick grocery store stop I found a Target gift card with a $15 balance lying in the parking lot. Not a huge amount but fun to find anyway.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About this time last year I found a $20 Starbucks gift card lying in the slush at the gas station. Today while making a quick grocery store stop I found a Target gift card with a $15 balance lying in the parking lot. Not a huge amount but fun to find anyway.
Good things come to those who deserve it.
Better put on a Lotto Ticket same time next year with your luck..lol ;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
And the good stuff keeps coming. Just got a notice from my Medicare Supplement insurer (those are usually not good) that they have a new free program called Healthy Savings and with it you get $25 a quarter to spend on over the counter health stuff, everything from bandaids to vitamins included. You have to go to certain stores to use this allowance but Walmart is included so won’t be hard to use. You also get a bunch of coupons for certain grocery products, and I know I will use a few of those.

And, to make it an EVEN better day I just got a phone call from the person who is doing my bathroom dry wall and shower install. Within a week I will have walls and a ceiling again and within two the shower in!

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No white Christmas but who cares? It will be in the 50s and I'll take it! I'm looking forward to Eve at Nicole's. The meatballs
are sublime, lots of good food and she decorates like Martha Stewart. She has an entire set of Christmas china and it's beautiful.
I wish you all an amazing holiday.

xxxxx

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the good stuff keeps coming.
This might be a good time to buy a lottery ticket, if your luck is going that good. :thumbsup:

It will be in the 50s
We won't see 50 degree weather here until March or April. :bawling:

My positive for today is the roads seem to have cleared up a bit, so maybe I can finish my omelet contest. I'm ordering veggie omelets from all the diners in town and then I'm gonna crown the winner of the best omelet. I love to do that, try every version of something to find the best one. :cool:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EDIT:
That is not my Big Cal, I googled Maine Coon and found it,
But it looks just like her especially since she has her winter mane.

View attachment 313469
Wow, I thought that was my Isabelle! Big Cal and Isabelle must very similar, too, then. Is Big Cal a maine coon? I've wondered if Isabelle could be some as one of my brother's friends kept some and mentioned pure breeds have certain characteristics, like hair length on feet and ears, or similar, which my brother said Isabelle has. A pic of her below! Some of her hair around head, neck, and upper chest may still be growing in. She lost most of the hair at the end of summer.
DSC_0898.JPG

Congrats on the find!! Every little bit helps! At work, I just found out we can accept tips, which is the first retail store that had allowed this for me. I asked my manager if someone says keep the change, if I was allowed to keep it for tip. She said yes! Or you can put it in the donation box for the animal shelter. Thanks, but I'd rather keep that occasional 50 cents! I'm going to be donating cans of kitten food and some toys to the shelter I adopted my kittens from anyway, so I'll still be helping the shelter in my own way.

No white Christmas but who cares? It will be in the 50s and I'll take it! I'm looking forward to Eve at Nicole's. The meatballs
are sublime, lots of good food and she decorates like Martha Stewart. She has an entire set of Christmas china and it's beautiful.
I wish you all an amazing holiday.

xxxxx
Same boat as you! It's always exciting and fun having a white Christmas..... but almost 60 degree weather? I'll take it! It's still warming up and in the mid 40's, but I just cracked the windows open for the kitties and all three are sitting in a window sill soaking up the sounds and views. <3 Katrina even jumped on the sill next to Isabelle, with no growling from Issie! She must be too happy care, haha!

Looking forward to the day. Beautiful weather and two days in a row off work. Will be going shopping to pick up something special to eat tomorrow. Despite not going home and exchanging presents with family (told them financial limitations this year, and since I'm not going back to my mom's for Christmas, it would be expensive for me to mail my gifts and others to mail theirs to me), my mom still sent the kitties and I some gifts. It will be nice to still have a couple presents to open and make it feel more like Christmas. Speaking of which, I have an old pet stocking in the car I'll take out and hang somewhere to make the house more festive!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I threw out raw cashews (big sale at the grocery) for the Squirrels Christmas feast this morning and a very young black squirrel was the first to get to the goodies. I have been keeping an eye out for him because he has a nasty looking back wound and is so small compared to the others. I am happy he has a chance to grab and stash some nuts before the bigger guys chase him away.

Mare333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It' a beautiful, sunny day here and I will be going for a walk outside. I used to have a very busy life style. I remember looking out the window at the sunny days and wishing I could go outside, but I didn't have the time. Now I've changed my lifestyle and am able to go for a walk and enjoy the sun, and it's also exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.