It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think so unless I end up going for a walk later. I have no idea when the HVAC thing will be done. I actually don't need to be present for it. But there was no way I was getting up at 3am just to move stuff out of my closet and then get myself ready and out the door to go to work as usual :headshake:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The new shades are in :yess: It only took the guy 15 minutes to take the old ones down and put in the new ones. I like the subtle stripey gray color.

HVAC person is still on the fourth floor so it'll be awhile to get to my third floor unit.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent three hours today with a rented angle grinder removing the peeling paint from my concrete porch. I have regretted that paint ever since I finished putting it on and even more so the last few years as it began to bubble and peel. Removing it was tiring and messy but I am so thankful it is done.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent three hours today with a rented angle grinder removing the peeling paint from my concrete porch. I have regretted that paint ever since I finished putting it on and even more so the last few years as it began to bubble and peel. Removing it was tiring and messy but I am so thankful it is done.
Yikes!! That is quite a job!! Are you sore today?

It's so beautiful this morning and we are supposed to have all sun today. One of those June days in the 70s with low humidity. Perfect for being on the deck and going for a walk.:yess:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yup. I am a leftie and my left arm and wrist are killing me. And my knees too even though I wore knee pads. It will be a quiet, move as little as possible day.
Rest up and maybe have a long, warm bath. Hope you feel better,

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally, a beautiful day!

After years of the building owner not cleaning the exterior windows, today it happened! We had a worker in to remove the old sash cord windows and clean the windows inside our apartment. He cleaned the bird poo off!
(bird poo for years! > I Live With A Cat )
^ When we first got Milly as a kitten and put a platform on this window for her, the crows would swoop at our windows, trying to scare her. -- splat!-- a big poo which I've had to look at for years! It's finally gone! Crystal clear view!

MillysWindowPerch.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally, a beautiful day!

After years of the building owner not cleaning the exterior windows, today it happened! We had a worker in to remove the old sash cord windows and clean the windows inside our apartment. He cleaned the bird poo off!
(bird poo for years! > I Live With A Cat )
^ When we first got Milly as a kitten and put a platform on this window for her, the crows would swoop at our windows, trying to scare her. -- splat!-- a big poo which I've had to look at for years! It's finally gone! Crystal clear view!

View attachment 288405
And what a beautiful view it is!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Another day of sun predicted! It was beautiful yesterday..one of those days where you don't need the heat nor a.c. which is rare when you live in a apt. in Ohio.
The Vincie Girl and Big Cal have been on the deck since about 5:30am. Cal will come in when she gets too hot.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is the first day of the town farmer's market :D I've never gone before because it was held in a location that was a kind of a pain to get to. This year it's held right in the square next to town hall and the library. I have to drop books off at the library today so I'll stop by and see what's at the market.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to a beautiful day in the making, one of those rare 70 degree days with no wind! Wind returning tomorrow, but I'll enjoy today, my sister is visiting from Denver, so no work planned!
Oh, how nice! It's so great to have a sis. Can't wait for Nicole to retire so we can spend more time together. I hope she won't do what my parents' did and work well into their 70s. :(

Deilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's a really nice day today. The cats enjoyed some fresh air this morning. It was in the 60's. And later it will rain and thunder. I love rainy days in the summer. Another good thing... I have a new computer arriving today. I'm very excited. Can't wait to set it up and try my games on it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean....I feel so sorry for people who have to work that long. I absolutely love retirement, life is too short now without having to work for most of it!
My parents chose to work that long, ha!! My dad was one of those people who can't sit still and my mother wanted to keep busy because my dad had passed and it was very rough for her being alone.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you mean....I feel so sorry for people who have to work that long. I absolutely love retirement, life is too short now without having to work for most of it!

Many retirement-age people who live in expensive areas keep working as long as they can so they can (barely) make ends meet :sigh:

The farmer's market was fun if small. There were a little over a dozen different vendors there. Most of the produce available were leafy greens. I bought local strawberries from one vendor :yummy:

GingersFloofs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my roommate is moving out today and the cats and I will have the place to ourselves again. :yess:

She's actually one of my good friends who needed a place to stay after her divorce until she found a place of her own, but living together and being around each other so often caused our personalities to clash. She's loud, I'm quiet. She's extroverted, I'm introverted. Not to mention her dog and my cats did not get along. I really think he would've hurt one of them if we weren't watching them because he found it fun to catch them and pin them down to the floor and then one of us had to quickly intervene.

I'm just glad that I won't have to stay on edge because of the dog and I'll have some peace and quiet back again.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that my roommate is moving out today and the cats and I will have the place to ourselves again. :yess:

She's actually one of my good friends who needed a place to stay after her divorce until she found a place of her own, but living together and being around each other so often caused our personalities to clash. She's loud, I'm quiet. She's extroverted, I'm introverted. Not to mention her dog and my cats did not get along. I really think he would've hurt one of them if we weren't watching them because he found it fun to catch them and pin them down to the floor and then one of us had to quickly intervene.

I'm just glad that I won't have to stay on edge because of the dog and I'll have some peace and quiet back again.
That's amazing! I am happy for you! :wavey:

Aico & Nacho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not to mention her dog and my cats did not get along. I really think he would've hurt one of them if we weren't watching them because he found it fun to catch them and pin them down to the floor and then one of us had to quickly intervene.
I'm so glad that your roommate is moving out and taking her dog. That situation doesn't sound safe at all. We can't have anything happening to your beautiful kitties. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.