Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by AbbysMom, Jan 1, 2019.

1. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    That's wonderful to hear. I hope for a day like that with my Maggie. :crossfingers:

I never heard of a cat sleeping standing up! I'd love to see a pic. :eek2:

Awww, I can just picture the baby deer playing in my mind. :purplebutterfly::purplebutterfly::purplebutterfly:

Glad to hear everything went okay. I know car stuff can be stressful. :)

My positive is I bought a cute little cat spoon that a forum member posted about today. It only cost $1.59 with free shipping, so I thought why not? :winkcat:

foxxycat, lizzie, Mia6 and 3 others purraised this.

2. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ [​IMG] That's amazing ! [​IMG] Congratulations.
    ( Sounds like California ... Hurry up and wait . `:hmmm: )

foxxycat, neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

3. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Sun now, nice and cool. The Vincie girl slept under the bed last night, I think because she was cold. She met Harvey, the new neighbor's cat, what a big guy, about 15 pounds, smaller than Big Cal and oh, so handsome. He's a long-haired tuxedo and I think part Maine Coon. They touched noses and Vincie kissed him!
    James said Wendell, the younger cat is having a hard time adjusting to his new home and didn't want to introduce him yet.

I have an appt. today. It will be nice to get out and about.

foxxycat, maggiedemi and neely purraised this.

4. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Awww, Vincie has a boyfriend?! :lovecat:

Demi has many girlfriends, he falls in love with all the neighbors' cats that come to visit him. I guess that's my positive for tonight, that I have such a sweet little boy that loves cats, toads, raccoons, and people too once he overcomes his fear. :vancat::redheartpump:

foxxycat, Mia6, Lari and 1 other person purraised this.

5. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    I had a pleasant surprise this afternoon - while sitting outside my favorite local coffee shop someone from behind called my name. It was a longtime friend who was at the shop next door. She sat down and we made plans to meet later in the week at the same coffee shop. Just another reason why I love surprises! :thumbsup:

foxxycat, Graceful-Lily, maggiedemi and 3 others purraised this.

6. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Yes, I think she does. She slept on their deck steps in the afternoon and was snooping to see if she could find Harvey because they had their slider blind open.

Storms today again but I have a good book and I need to recover from the trip.

foxxycat, Lari, maggiedemi and 2 others purraised this.

7. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    That's a wonderful coincidence. Hope you have a fun coffee date. :beerchug:
    (I couldn't find a coffee emoji, so pretend there is coffee in these beer mugs)

That's wonderful that she'll have a buddy now. :lovecat3:

My positive for tonight is I got the dishes done early, so I think I will go curl up with a kitty and a good romance book. :cloud9:

foxxycat, neely and Lari purraised this.

8. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Supposed to have all day sun today and tomorrow! :sunshine::D:yess:

So looking forward to being on the deck.

foxxycat, Graceful-Lily, neely and 1 other person purraised this.

9. neely

Dec 22, 2005
    My husband and I have been helping a close friend get ready to move. Unfortunately her husband has an autoimmune disease so they need to find different living arrangements. However, I'm making today all about her, treating her to lunch, and since the weather is picture perfect we will dine al fresco. :cool2:

foxxycat, Tobermorey, Graceful-Lily and 3 others purraised this.

10. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    I bet she'll really enjoy that!

foxxycat, neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

11. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    That's awesome! Here in Ontario too! I'm hoping that all the sun we're getting will help to reduce some of the flooding.

foxxycat, Mia6 and maggiedemi purraised this.

12. lizzie

lizzie TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 29, 2002
    missouri
    Yesterday in particular but also today the humidity was absolutely oppressive and I have been having a hard time breathing,yet some shopping needed to be done.My positive each and every day is the man I married.He is such a special fella,and went with my list and did all the shopping for me...and got everything on my list too!I am so very blessed...and I know that I am.

foxxycat, neely, muffy and 3 others purraised this.

13. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    The highlight of my day! I finally got around to taking care of Mordecai's snaggle paws (overgrown paw hair) and I am in love. His little feet are so tiny!! :loveeyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    You're such a good friend. :hugs: I hope you enjoyed your outdoor lunch.

He's definitely a keeper. :)

Awww, I love his sweet little feet. :loveeyes:

My positive is that today it finally hit 70 degrees in NY! I finally feel comfortable and not freezing cold. :cheerleader:

foxxycat, Mia6, neely and 4 others purraised this.

15. neely

Dec 22, 2005
    Thank you, we had a glorious lunch. The weather couldn't have been nicer. I told her to order anything she wanted on the menu. She really needed a girl's day out and appreciated it. I let her do most of the talking and just listened. She's been through a lot with her husband's illness and I knew she could use a respite.

Love his tiny paws, so adorable! :bluepaw:

I was listening to a PBS special of 80's music tonight, so enjoyable. I really appreciate some of the programs on PBS. :thumbsup:

16. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Oh those toes are precious!!

foxxycat, Graceful-Lily and maggiedemi purraised this.

17. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA

PBS is great:agree: I grew up watching all the kids' shows on the local PBS station as well as all the cooking shows, nature shows, etc. PBS was pretty much the only station we could get besides the local ABC, NBC, and CBS stations. I thought I read somewhere that funding for PBS was in jeopardy :headscratch: Fewer donations, not enough corporate sponsors, etc.

foxxycat, Mia6, neely and 2 others purraised this.

18. neely

Dec 22, 2005
    Yes, I've heard this also and try to do my part, small as it may be. I always meant to donate and last year got an annual membership. I enjoy their broad spectrum of programs, especially the arts which is seeing a decline as well.

foxxycat, muffy, maggiedemi and 1 other person purraised this.

19. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    I like listening to NPR as well. My husband, (ex now), started watching Ken Burn's Civil War series on PBS in the 80s and I didn't think I'd like it but it was amazing.

Beautiful day here in Ohio; sun, low humidity, and about 80 degrees. Perfect weather for reading on the deck, having a picnic, hiking, swimming, etc.
    My girls are on the deck and Vincie went to the neighbor's deck looking for Harvey, her new boyfriend.

I'm going to enjoy my donuts and a strawberry cold drink that Hannah talked me into getting from DD. ;)

20. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    There was a fire in a 6-unit apartment building in town this morning. One woman is in the hospital due to smoke inhalation. The fire fighters caught her two cats and brought them to the shelter for safekeeping till she's able to go home.

One apartment is unlivable, but there were no other injuries, fortunately.

foxxycat, neely, Mia6 and 1 other person purraised this.