It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in my face,talking and purring,lies down on her back,plays with my fingers,curls up and goes to sleep.Finally!!!I have been hoping for this day!
That's wonderful to hear. I hope for a day like that with my Maggie. :crossfingers:

then fell back to sleep standing up, like a cow.
I never heard of a cat sleeping standing up! I'd love to see a pic. :eek2:

I saw 3 or 4 baby deer in the field about 8 feet from my truck, playing, tag teaming, and just racing around having the best time.
Awww, I can just picture the baby deer playing in my mind. :purplebutterfly::purplebutterfly::purplebutterfly:

my car passed with flying colors and there were only 2 cars ahead of me.
Glad to hear everything went okay. I know car stuff can be stressful. :)

My positive is I bought a cute little cat spoon that a forum member posted about today. It only cost $1.59 with free shipping, so I thought why not? :winkcat:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sun now, nice and cool. The Vincie girl slept under the bed last night, I think because she was cold. She met Harvey, the new neighbor's cat, what a big guy, about 15 pounds, smaller than Big Cal and oh, so handsome. He's a long-haired tuxedo and I think part Maine Coon. They touched noses and Vincie kissed him!
James said Wendell, the younger cat is having a hard time adjusting to his new home and didn't want to introduce him yet.

I have an appt. today. It will be nice to get out and about.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They touched noses and Vincie kissed him!
Awww, Vincie has a boyfriend?! :lovecat:

Demi has many girlfriends, he falls in love with all the neighbors' cats that come to visit him. I guess that's my positive for tonight, that I have such a sweet little boy that loves cats, toads, raccoons, and people too once he overcomes his fear. :vancat::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a pleasant surprise this afternoon - while sitting outside my favorite local coffee shop someone from behind called my name. It was a longtime friend who was at the shop next door. She sat down and we made plans to meet later in the week at the same coffee shop. Just another reason why I love surprises! :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a longtime friend who was at the shop next door. She sat down and we made plans to meet later
That's a wonderful coincidence. Hope you have a fun coffee date. :beerchug:
(I couldn't find a coffee emoji, so pretend there is coffee in these beer mugs)

She slept on their deck steps in the afternoon and was snooping to see if she could find Harvey
That's wonderful that she'll have a buddy now. :lovecat3:

My positive for tonight is I got the dishes done early, so I think I will go curl up with a kitty and a good romance book. :cloud9:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband and I have been helping a close friend get ready to move. Unfortunately her husband has an autoimmune disease so they need to find different living arrangements. However, I'm making today all about her, treating her to lunch, and since the weather is picture perfect we will dine al fresco. :cool2:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have been helping a close friend get ready to move. Unfortunately her husband has an autoimmune disease so they need to find different living arrangements. However, I'm making today all about her, treating her to lunch, and since the weather is picture perfect we will dine al fresco. :cool2:
I bet she'll really enjoy that!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday in particular but also today the humidity was absolutely oppressive and I have been having a hard time breathing,yet some shopping needed to be done.My positive each and every day is the man I married.He is such a special fella,and went with my list and did all the shopping for me...and got everything on my list too!I am so very blessed...and I know that I am.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making today all about her, treating her to lunch, and since the weather is picture perfect we will dine al fresco.
You're such a good friend. :hugs: I hope you enjoyed your outdoor lunch.

My positive each and every day is the man I married.He is such a special fella,and went with my list and did all the shopping for me
He's definitely a keeper. :)

finally got around to taking care of Mordecai's snaggle paws (overgrown paw hair
Awww, I love his sweet little feet. :loveeyes:

My positive is that today it finally hit 70 degrees in NY! I finally feel comfortable and not freezing cold. :cheerleader:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You're such a good friend. :hugs: I hope you enjoyed your outdoor lunch.
Thank you, we had a glorious lunch. The weather couldn't have been nicer. I told her to order anything she wanted on the menu. She really needed a girl's day out and appreciated it. I let her do most of the talking and just listened. She's been through a lot with her husband's illness and I knew she could use a respite.

The highlight of my day! I finally got around to taking care of Mordecai's snaggle paws (overgrown paw hair) and I am in love. His little feet are so tiny!! :loveeyes:
Love his tiny paws, so adorable! :bluepaw:

I was listening to a PBS special of 80's music tonight, so enjoyable. I really appreciate some of the programs on PBS. :thumbsup:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was listening to a PBS special of 80's music tonight, so enjoyable. I really appreciate some of the programs on PBS. :thumbsup:

PBS is great:agree: I grew up watching all the kids' shows on the local PBS station as well as all the cooking shows, nature shows, etc. PBS was pretty much the only station we could get besides the local ABC, NBC, and CBS stations. I thought I read somewhere that funding for PBS was in jeopardy :headscratch: Fewer donations, not enough corporate sponsors, etc.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
PBS is great:agree: I thought I read somewhere that funding for PBS was in jeopardy :headscratch: Fewer donations, not enough corporate sponsors, etc.
Yes, I've heard this also and try to do my part, small as it may be. I always meant to donate and last year got an annual membership. I enjoy their broad spectrum of programs, especially the arts which is seeing a decline as well.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've heard this also and try to do my part, small as it may be. I always meant to donate and last year got an annual membership. I enjoy their broad spectrum of programs, especially the arts which is seeing a decline as well.
I like listening to NPR as well. My husband, (ex now), started watching Ken Burn's Civil War series on PBS in the 80s and I didn't think I'd like it but it was amazing.

Beautiful day here in Ohio; sun, low humidity, and about 80 degrees. Perfect weather for reading on the deck, having a picnic, hiking, swimming, etc.
My girls are on the deck and Vincie went to the neighbor's deck looking for Harvey, her new boyfriend.

I'm going to enjoy my donuts and a strawberry cold drink that Hannah talked me into getting from DD. ;)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There was a fire in a 6-unit apartment building in town this morning. One woman is in the hospital due to smoke inhalation. The fire fighters caught her two cats and brought them to the shelter for safekeeping till she's able to go home.

One apartment is unlivable, but there were no other injuries, fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.