Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is leafpeeping? Looking at leaves? :headscratch:
It is, when the fall colors happen, - Colorado doesn't get the reds from the hardwoods that are in the east, but we have cottonwoods and the quaky Aspen, and the yellow color is amazing :) I'll post some pics here asap

Today, I got to see the legendary, historic and completely incredible Steam Engine, Big Boy #4014, in and around Laramie Wyoming and about halfway to Rawlins ;).

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was gorgeous when we got up this morning...turned the air off and opened up the windows and doors....around 62.Fooled us!We were gone for the day to visit the kids and it got hot and humid!After lunch we went to the Habitat For Humanity Restore.Hubby found some exterior Sherwin Williams paint for his hives for $12 a gallon!I found a hand thrown set of rimmed sandwich plates and soup mugs to match.They're really pretty,I think,heavy in weight and for 50 cents each...they had to come home with me!Had such a great visit...never seems long enough!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some Colorado color :)
And a train for the history books, after a 2-year complete restoration, it's touring the country again. 2019 Union Pacific Steam Schedule
and some antelope, just for fun

Attachments

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It was gorgeous when we got up this morning...turned the air off and opened up the windows and doors....around 62.Fooled us!We were gone for the day to visit the kids and it got hot and humid!After lunch we went to the Habitat For Humanity Restore.Hubby found some exterior Sherwin Williams paint for his hives for $12 a gallon!I found a hand thrown set of rimmed sandwich plates and soup mugs to match.They're really pretty,I think,heavy in weight and for 50 cents each...they had to come home with me!Had such a great visit...never seems long enough!
I love sandwich plates!!

It was nice yesterday so I sat out and read in the late afternoon. It was very windy and the patio umbrella fell over 3 times. I finally came in but it was nice to get out. Can't wait for cool, low humidity days.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
set of rimmed sandwich plates
I'm not sure what sandwich plates are. I love the big Corelle dinner plates, they are the perfect size for most things.

and some antelope, just for fun
Love the pics, especially the antelope.

My positive is that even though I can't shower for a while because of my stitches, I have these huge wipes from Walgreens that work well for sponge bathing. And I can wash my hair in the sink. Trying to think positively. You guys know I love my showers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here with a migraine from the weather, i.e. big storm last night & supposed to get more rain/storms throughout the weekend, but someone cute and furry is keeping me company. He's fast asleep on the couch beside me making the most adorable snoring sounds. :sleepycat:There's nothing like a lovable cat to put you in a positive mood. :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely Cat snores are the CUTEST, aren't they? *Why can't humans snore that cutely?*:think:
Furballsmom Furballsmom TYSM for sharing those gorgeous pix with us! Makes me homesick for the Mojave (we were 5 miles from a mountain ski resort, in explanation). Those pronghorns are lovely! And I like watching PBS and other programs about trains, planes and ships.
Good on ya, M maggiedemi for being so positive! Sounds like you are progressing well. I had to go through some of that as well, and it isn't easy! but it's so great once you get through it. :bliss:
It's beautiful, cool and cloudy here, at long last! Autumn is truly here. Our redbud's leaves are turning golden. We actually had a tiny bit of RAIN here two days ago! :fallsmiley:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what sandwich plates are. I love the big Corelle dinner plates, they are the perfect size for most things.

Love the pics, especially the antelope.

My positive is that even though I can't shower for a while because of my stitches, I have these huge wipes from Walgreens that work well for sponge bathing. And I can wash my hair in the sink. Trying to think positively. You guys know I love my showers.
I love sandwich plates!!

It was nice yesterday so I sat out and read in the late afternoon. It was very windy and the patio umbrella fell over 3 times. I finally came in but it was nice to get out. Can't wait for cool, low humidity days.
I do too!We use them all the time...maybe they're a bread plate?I dunno but they were so unique with a stand up rim,I had to have them.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a nice day so I sat outside and read in between a bit of laundry, etc. Callie came up and slept on the bed but was gone when I woke up to use the bathroom. She still is hanging out in the kitchen, sleeping by the slider. She is grieving for the Vincie girl as I am as well. Every morning I cry when I wake up and I don't try to stop. I realize how lucky I am to have had her and it will take time so Cal and I are going through it together, taking it one day at a time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Every morning I cry when I wake up and I don't try to stop. I realize how lucky I am to have had her and it will take time so Cal and I are going through it together, taking it one day at a time.
Hugs and more hugs to both Callie and you. :grouphug:

Our new neighbors officially moved in this weekend. I made a welcome gift basket with goodies for them and brought it over yesterday. They invited DH and I in to show us the renovations they had done and the family seems very nice.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I said to myself, "Lari, if you can finally succeed at this 70lb bench press, you can go to the chicken and doughnut place for dinner."

0930191822_HDR.jpg

The pb&j doughnut got a bit melty, but I don't even care. Yum.

Probably not the healthiest motivation, but it works.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
So I said to myself, "Lari, if you can finally succeed at this 70lb bench press, you can go to the chicken and doughnut place for dinner."

View attachment 302027

One look at that plate and my belly went, "How come I never get anything like that?"

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lovely weather today, trimmed lawn, house is in good shape, and the home made cherry liquor is almost done. It'll be the drink of choice these holidays :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 302027

I must have that!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.