It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in the 50s now, will only be in the low 70s with all day sun. It's getting closer to cooler days and nights where I can have the windows open. I don't sleep well at night but take naps during the day. I'm looking forward to no lawn mowers, weed eaters, and chain saws.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home made caramel apples :thumbsup: :yummy:
Yum! I'll be right over...;)

My positive is also the cooler weather. Of course I dressed wrong today, I wore a short sleeved shirt and froze. But that means that I won't sweat tonight like I did the past several nights. I hate getting all sweaty, so that's a definite positive.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive started out negative, i.e. I accidentally broke a favorite bracelet that I've had for a long time. But it turned out positive because I brought it to a friend who owns a bead shop and she only charged me $1.00 to fix it. :cool2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our local pet store is having a Customer Appreciation Sale this weekend, can't wait to find out what the specials will be. :anticipation:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought it to a friend who owns a bead shop and she only charged me $1.00 to fix it.
$1 is a great bargain for anything these days! :)

Poppy-cat has eaten well these past days :) and is having amazing zoomies
Love the kitty zoomies. :thumbsup:

My positive is, I am definitely a lady who lunches now. I've found so many great little restaurants in the surrounding towns. And it's nice to get out in the fresh air more than I used to in the past.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Busy day but finally able to go outside and enjoy it by mid-afternoon. I was able to sit outdoors and finish my library book just in the nick of time since it's due back tomorrow.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My gym is having an anniversary party!
1192.jpeg

Note, it's not really a goo idea to have wine, cotton candy and pretzels right before zumba, especially if you had Culvers and frozen custard for dinner, but whatever. Still worth it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves. It was 46 when I got up!! Felt sooo good. Turned the air up and opened the windows last night for the first rime in ages. I was able to sit on the deck and read, very breezy but it felt good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Headed out for leafpeeping today
What is leafpeeping? Looking at leaves? :headscratch:

I was able to sit outdoors and finish my library book
I hope I find time to read again soon. I miss it.

it's not really a good idea to have wine, cotton candy and pretzels right before zumba, especially if you had Culvers and frozen custard for dinner
Hee Hee. You'd think a gym would serve healthier food. But maybe they want everybody to stay and work it off afterwards. :thumbsup:

My positive is that my surgeon is finally taking an interest in my care. He cleaned & dressed my wound and put me on antibiotics. Hopefully the end is in sight and I will be healed soon. :crossfingers:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hee Hee. You'd think a gym would serve healthier food. But maybe they want everybody to stay and work it off afterwards. :thumbsup:
It's a milestone anniversary plus they've been doing a lot of renovations, so they just wanted to celebrate. Plus they open these celebrations to the public, so they're probably hoping to entice people off the street to sign up for a membership.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is leafpeeping? Looking at leaves? :headscratch:

I hope I find time to read again soon. I miss it.

My positive is that my surgeon is finally taking an interest in my care. He cleaned & dressed my wound and put me on antibiotics. Hopefully the end is in sight and I will be healed soon. :crossfingers:
That's great news, M maggiedemi , and I hope so too! You'll be looking back on all this and having a hard time imagining it ever happened, I hope.
Yeah, the food thing is weird, but you're probably right. One of the first dentists I went to as a little kid always gave each kid a lollipop on the way out. *Seriously?!!* One of my GPs smoked in his office. *SERIOUSLY?!!* And even the federal guidelines for daily intake of foods is pretty wonky to me. But when we understand that "health care" is the single biggest expense in the federal budget/national debt, and that they have a vested interest, along with the pharmaceutical/biomedical industries, in keeping people sick and on drugs and going to doctors, it makes perfect (non)sense.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That is truly a great positive! I have a good feeling the end is in sight too. :hugs:

My positive for today is a co-worker and his wife had their first baby. I knew he was secretly hoping for a boy but since mother nature had other ideas they had a precious baby girl. ;)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I was tired so I went to take a nap but instead of sleeping in my room, I decided to sleep in the spare room Fayola sleeps in. I went on the bed and dozed off. When I woke up, she was sleeping right beside me. Warmed my heart right up. :redheartpump: She also didn't cry last night or during the day time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.