It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had blueberry pancakes yesterday morning. Even though they were just frozen, they were pretty good. I had maple syrup and vegan butter with them.
Yum!! I didn't have them yesterday. Maybe today. Once Hannah got here I got a craving for TBell. I dug into my nachos and saw one hair and there was one in my mouth, I almost threw up. Should've had the pancakes, :flail::lol2:.

Yesterday was amazing! Sun all day, low humidty. The Vincie girl and I spent the day outside while Big Cal stayed in because she doesn't like the heat.

My tomato plants are in the ground! Hannah actually put them in as my arms gave out but I'm so excited! The Heirlooms are supposed to be ready on 6
September, Hannah's birthday, so I take that as a good sign.

Rain today but that's ok won't have to water the tomatoes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are two new hummingbird babies on Bella's hummingbird live cam website

my hummy came back after deciding the area was safe again after fledgling parents finally stopped harassing Everybody

and I discovered 15 Checkered White butterfly caterpillars about a day and a half before they started to pupate. (Lordy me, I've never watched that process and it actually weirded me out, for example to see "facial" parts from the caterpillar discarded and lying off to the side as the pupation was beginning...geez!).

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday Hannah made blueberry pancakes and they were amazing! She's never made them from scratch so I guided her through. I'm going to have her make more today as there are so many berries left.

Supposed to be sunny today and no rain!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Well I've done something I've been meaning to do all my life but never felt I was 'good enough'... at the ripe old age of 60-something I've started singing lessons. It feels like I've broken through some kind of barrier. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
saw one hair and there was one in my mouth
Was it your hair or from a Taco Bell worker? :fear:

I'm loving being able to sleep in this week.
Do you have the whole summer off?:cheerleader:

every day getting better ..from his recent eye issues
Glad to hear he's feeling better. :hugs:

"facial" parts from the caterpillar discarded and lying off to the side
Oh Good Lord. :fear:

at the ripe old age of 60-something I've started singing lessons
I've been told I need singing lessons. :D

My positive is I've been busy sampling my 20 hot sauces that I bought. I'm in heaven. But why do I feel like I just got a colonoscopy? :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have the whole summer off?:cheerleader:
I'm teaching summer school this year to help pay for the wedding, so for the next six weeks I'll be working Monday through Thursday 7:45-12:30. I figure it's a good balance of earning money and having some free time to do wedding planning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you are probably tired of hearing, I LOATHE summer and hot weather. Today being the first day of that season, I woke up to...rain!!! which I love. We got a good rain, not just a drizzle, so I won't have to water tomorrow. The birds are singing up a storm, there's a tortoiseshell laptop warming me, and the house is clean. Work is going well.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Two photos today that made me smile.

Mr. Hummingbird guarding his feeder. “Mine. Mine. Mine.” He’s been sitting there for a long time.
E7DE7936-D920-4DEA-8C8F-3AA5FE387C00.jpeg

A great snapshot from the webcam at about 5:30 a.m. Mocha butt. :)
7CB99C7D-7065-47F7-BF23-34A08D330989.jpeg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a big storm go through today a little after noon.We needed a little rain,but this one packed a punch with 50 plus mph winds as well.It cooled things down and got rid of the humidity,and also took down half of the box elder tree outside my back porch.It could've taken out my utility room or demolish the wellhouse.As it turned out,the trunk just missed the wellhouse,and the roof of it caught some branches.No appreciable damage...just a lot of cutting up of the tree and cleaning up the mess....maybe replace a few shingles.Phew!Beautiful day indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.