It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I love watching my Nemo enjoy the balcony. He can really stay out there all day if we let him. If we ever get a house he's really going to need a catio or something! It's Texas summer now so we let him out 7-8pm. Here he is staying way past his curfew! It's past 1am and he's still on that chair outside!

IMG_20190622_003021_779.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I love watching my Nemo enjoy the balcony. He can really stay out there all day if we let him. If we ever get a house he's really going to need a catio or something! It's Texas summer now so we let him out 7-8pm. Here he is staying way past his curfew! It's past 1am and he's still on that chair outside!

View attachment 289853
What a doll baby!!!

Yesterday was amazingly beautiful! Got to spend most of they day outside.
Will be nice again today!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 289853
What a neat idea. I wish I had something like that for Tommy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love trying new hot sauces. Any winners in the bunch?
I like the ones that say Product of Jamaica & Product of Costa Rica. I don't like the ones that say Product of Trinidad, those contain mustard.

I'll be working Monday through Thursday 7:45-12:30
That sounds perfect, you'll have Fri- Sun off! :cheerleader:

I woke up to...rain!!! which I love.
I'm happy when it rains too because we have a well. :)

Awww, that's too bad. I love Taco Bell since I discovered their vegetarian options. :yummy:

My positive is that I love watching my Nemo enjoy the balcony.
He's lucky he has a balcony, that looks perfect for him. :coolcat:

My positive for today is I think I'm finally close to figuring out which foods Demi & Maggie prefer. So that will mean much less waste & throwing food away. :crossfingers:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They took the rain out of today's forecast so we'll stop at the farmer's market and go to an art fair. It's one of my favorite ways to spend the day in summer being outside and taking in the sights. :cool2:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you going to adopt one? How are the orphans doing?
No, Mowgli doesn't get along with other cats, fortunately, because it stops me from getting too many. The orphans got a clean bill of health from the vet on Thursday, after battling worms and giardia, so they'll be ready for adoption in about 2 weeks. They're all so adorable. The litter of five turned one month old yesterday. They're starting to run around like crazy and climb. One of them looks like she's a lynx point.

The shelter's annual Summer Fest is tomorrow, and it looks like we'll have some luck with the weather: 25°C /77° F and partly sunny. It's supposed to be back up in the 90s as of Monday.
I've just finished making a humongous amount of pasta salad for it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No, Mowgli doesn't get along with other cats, fortunately, because it stops me from getting too many. The orphans got a clean bill of health from the vet on Thursday, after battling worms and giardia, so they'll be ready for adoption in about 2 weeks. They're all so adorable. The litter of five turned one month old yesterday. They're starting to run around like crazy and climb. One of them looks like she's a lynx point.

The shelter's annual Summer Fest is tomorrow, and it looks like we'll have some luck with the weather: 25°C /77° F and partly sunny. It's supposed to be back up in the 90s as of Monday.
I've just finished making a humongous amount of pasta salad for it.
It would be hard for me to work there as I'd want to take all of them home!
I bet the Summer Festival will be a hit.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a big storm go through today a little after noon.We needed a little rain,but this one packed a punch with 50 plus mph winds as well.It cooled things down and got rid of the humidity,and also took down half of the box elder tree outside my back porch.It could've taken out my utility room or demolish the wellhouse.As it turned out,the trunk just missed the wellhouse,and the roof of it caught some branches.No appreciable damage...just a lot of cutting up of the tree and cleaning up the mess....maybe replace a few shingles.Phew!Beautiful day indeed!
Those high winds are a force to be reckoned with, to be sure! The wind blew the corrugated roof off our four-stall barn up in the Mojave (before we bought the place -- original owner told us this).

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the farmer's market for the first time this year. It was pretty late so all the fruit was gone, but I did buy a hanging plant and some (read: too much) cheese spread. Next time I need to get up and ready earlier in the morning.

It's so exciting to have the sun out. It makes my ring extra sparkly and that makes me happy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the farmer's market for the first time this year. It was pretty late so all the fruit was gone, but I did buy a hanging plant and some (read: too much) cheese spread. Next time I need to get up and ready earlier in the morning.

It's so exciting to have the sun out. It makes my ring extra sparkly and that makes me happy.
Ha!! Your rock is amazing!!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm studying science for a full year (12 month period). Didn't know if free high school textbooks would be available online but I found all the ones I needed (physics, chemistry, advanced functions, calculus and vectors). So, now I have a little extra help when I start my summer classes.

Now that I'm older, math doesn't seem as impossible as it did in high school. I always told myself that I sucked at it but I never actually tried my best. Other people just made fun of me because I learned a lot slower and couldn't keep up with the class. Teachers always got impatient with me and focused on the other students.

This is my new motto: Every equation has an answer and since every equation has an answer, it is solvable. If it is solvable, then, I can do it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm studying science for a full year (12 month period). Didn't know if free high school textbooks would be available online but I found all the ones I needed (physics, chemistry, advanced functions, calculus and vectors). So, now I have a little extra help when I start my summer classes.

Now that I'm older, math doesn't seem as impossible as it did in high school. I always told myself that I sucked at it but I never actually tried my best. Other people just made fun of me because I learned a lot slower and couldn't keep up with the class. Teachers always got impatient with me and focused on the other students.

This is my new motto: Every equation has an answer and since every equation has an answer, it is solvable. If it is solvable, then, I can do it.
I love your new motto!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I spent the morning weeding the front and side yard since it was supposed to storm later in the afternoon. Sure enough it's pouring now and although I should do laundry, clean, pay bills, etc. I've given myself permission to kickback and watch the raindrops. :storm:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was sunny all day. I was resting and when I went back out to the deck
Vincie was nowhere to be seen but I heard her talking. She started running!!
toward me from the backyard. It was hot and she must've been in the bushes sleeping as she was very cool. I made her come in and she squawked for a bit
but went right to sleep. Big Cal likes to go out for a bit early am because it's cool.
Love my girls!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we'll stop at the farmer's market and go to an art fair
I wish we had that type of stuff here. Probably have to drive 2 hours.

some (read: too much) cheese spread
What kind of cheese? I love cheese, especially sharp & blue. :yummy:

If it is solvable, then, I can do it.
That's a good attitude about it! :thumbsup:

our two orphaned kittens have found a home.
Yay! Happy ending. :cheerleader:

My positive is it was 84 degrees today and I'm finally not cold! Yesterday was 79 degrees and I was chilly. I need to move down south. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.