It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got a new phone! I wasn't planning on upgrading this soon, but our plan/provider changed and since the new one wouldn't accept my old phone, I'm getting more space and a bit of a better camera. I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm hoping my kitty pics will turn out even better.
Nice. What did you get? My daughter hates her Iphone. I might get her a different one.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice. What did you get? My daughter hates her Iphone. I might get her a different one.
It's an lg thinq 8. I was overwhelmed by the choices and prices and everything, and currently had an lg stylo 2, so my fiancé was like "I'll just order you the newest lg." I think he thought staying with the same company would be easier for me. I figured as long as it was still an android I'd be good.

It's a lot faster and the battery lasts longer, so far. My only complaint is that everything else seemed to transfer from my old phone except my pictures (even my alarms), so I'll have to figure out how to get them on the new phone.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been two weeks and a couple days and Mordecai has gone from 4.67lb to 5.51lb. He was really boney when I adopted him because he wasn't eating and they didn't know what to feed him but I've been experimenting and trying to find stuff he likes. I'm feeling less bone now and more fat and muscle which is a good thing. Hoping he continues to even out that way.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My hubby and I participated in our local SPCA's wag 'n walk fundraiser yesterday. People walk their dogs, enter them in agility and costume contests, get their photos taken with their pets.

We don't have dogs to walk, so we dress up instead. (They won't let us enter the costume contest, though, it's only for the dogs.) :lol:

We've been doing this event for 8 years now, raising around $10,000 for the SPCA over the years. It's a fun event--we always get a lot of positive comments about our costumes and people wanting selfies with us. :)

IMG_1439.jpg

It was a beautiful day for a walk.
IMG_1453.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby and I participated in our local SPCA's wag 'n walk fundraiser yesterday. People walk their dogs, enter them in agility and costume contests, get their photos taken with their pets.

We don't have dogs to walk, so we dress up instead. (They won't let us enter the costume contest, though, it's only for the dogs.) :lol:

We've been doing this event for 8 years now, raising around $10,000 for the SPCA over the years. It's a fun event--we always get a lot of positive comments about our costumes and people wanting selfies with us. :)

View attachment 283621

It was a beautiful day for a walk.
View attachment 283622
That looks like fun and 10k is awesome!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a beautiful cool, mostly cloudy day so far, which we love. There's a black-and-gold croissant on her blanket next to me, and a tuxedo and a blue/cream in the master bedroom. Nice music on the radio, good work to do, and lots of food in the house. We're getting cat supplies very soon, delivered. And there are roses in bloom!
IMG_1336.JPG

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby's feeling well enough to be back in his bees big time...after last weekend and part of the week,this is a beautiful day!He came in the house at noon with an empty queen cell he's been watching,and it was empty,so she's hatched.In a day or two,he'll look for her and get her marked,which makes her easier to find.Irises have started to bloom,garden is doing well except he'll have to replant the green beans.We had over 5" of rain and they didn't like that very well.Cucumbers and zucchini are up.Time to get tomatoes and get them put out.Had a new bird show up at the suet feeder.After watching her for several hours,turns out she is an orchard oriole.Beautiful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby's feeling well enough to be back in his bees big time...after last weekend and part of the week,this is a beautiful day!He came in the house at noon with an empty queen cell he's been watching,and it was empty,so she's hatched.In a day or two,he'll look for her and get her marked,which makes her easier to find.Irises have started to bloom,garden is doing well except he'll have to replant the green beans.We had over 5" of rain and they didn't like that very well.Cucumbers and zucchini are up.Time to get tomatoes and get them put out.Had a new bird show up at the suet feeder.After watching her for several hours,turns out she is an orchard oriole.Beautiful!
WOW, lizzie lizzie ! We had orioles in the Mojave. They are so beautiful. I'd never seen real ones before, only in films and nature TV shows. We had irises there, too -- gorgeous. And there were a lot of beekeepers in the general area, though we didn't venture into that. I did get my first beesting ever up there, though -- wasn't sure if I was allergic as a family member is, but I am not. Poor bee, of course, fared worse than I did :sniffle:
IMG_0566.JPG

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, lizzie lizzie ! We had orioles in the Mojave. They are so beautiful. I'd never seen real ones before, only in films and nature TV shows. We had irises there, too -- gorgeous. And there were a lot of beekeepers in the general area, though we didn't venture into that. I did get my first beesting ever up there, though -- wasn't sure if I was allergic as a family member is, but I am not. Poor bee, of course, fared worse than I did :sniffle:
View attachment 283664
We have Baltimore Orioles that come and raise a family here every year.They build their nest way up in a huge walnut tree,and we usually just see the one pair.I read that these orchard orioles migrate with the others,so I'm hoping they'll stay and raise a family too.I love those irises with the ruffly petals.Beautiful!Mine are the traditional purple, but the fragrance is wonderful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching two hummingbird babies in the process of fledging/leaving their nest. The first one has been coming back and sitting with its sibling :loveeyes:
Aren't they amazing? We had a nest in the patio hedge a few years back. I didn't see the babies or observe their fledging, but it was such a thrill just knowing they were safe in their own little private garden.
There are some live hummingbird cams I used to watch. IDK if they're still up, but it's great watching them!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I saved my 84 year old aunt who has moderate dementia $400 dollars today. She lives alone so I went over to her house to help her with some chores and she told me that she had creatures in her house that were screeching and had hired an extermination company to trap them at a cost of $400. As we talked I heard the telltale
“chirp” of a low battery alert in smoke detector. It took a great deal of convincing and explaining as well as a phone call from my mom but she finally let me replace the batteries in her three detectors and the chirping creatures disappeared. And fortunately the extermination company was willing to cancel her contract.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bella hummingbird is the only hummy cam now I think, and one baby is still waiting to put those little wings to use :) www . bellahummingbird . com

Oh, also I'm seeing a mourning dove who has built her best two house yards away from me, on the backside of the framework of one of those standalone basketball hoops. I'll have to try and get a picture ;)

Good for you @Tobermorey !!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Pouring rain, blowing wind and 40ish temps. A miserable day to be outside but everything, grass, bushes and plants are getting greener by the minute. And it is a perfect day to do all the laundry, tidy up, do some baking and finish my latest jigsaw puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.