It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is late but I've been in shock ever since. On Thursday, I went to a shelter to inquire about adopting a dog. I didn't think much of it. I read a few profiles the night before and decided to ask for a maltese I saw.

We met and he was barking and running around. They said he was energetic but I saw a dog that was scared and confused. So, with that, I adopted him and named him Mordecai. His temperment at home is so much different from at the shelter. He's polite, calm, affectionate, he doesn't bark or run around. He sleeps in his dog bed the whole night. Walks well on a leash. He makes lots of eye contact and follows my lead. He's a really good dog all around and I'm so glad I took him in!

He looks adorable! Good for you for taking a chance on him. How does he get on with Felix?

Lately my bf and I have been doing lots of planning and spending tons of cash for our 3 week Australia vacation! We’re lucky.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What part of Australia? I almost moved there, but they charge $4,000 just to quarantine 2 cats! :eek2: It's beautiful there though, I hope you enjoy your vacation.
We're planning on visiting Sydney, Great barrier reef, whitsunday islands and kangaroo island!

That price is outrageous but not surprising. Their government sees cats as pests because outdoor cats are destroying their ecosystem. I'm not sure if it went through but they wanted to catch and kill all outdoor cats. There was this one nasty Australian lady I met at the Galapagos who said ALL cats should be killed. Yeesh.

But Australia is a nice place to live in. They have free healthcare and very generous time off policies. I hate working so I'd love it. I got jealous of all the Australians I met at my last vacation because the Galapagos was just one of their stops since they have so much time off. One Australian said something along the lines of "You poor American suckers."

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks adorable! Good for you for taking a chance on him. How does he get on with Felix?

Lately my bf and I have been doing lots of planning and spending tons of cash for our 3 week Australia vacation! We’re lucky.
Him and Felix are great together because Mordecai respects Felix's space and Felix does the same. So, they're able to lay down on the same carpet or play in the living room together without anyone feeling overwhelmed.

Also, Australia sounds like lots of fun. And not just one week but 3! Hope you two have the best time.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I was having some orange sherbet. Sophie was sitting by my feet. She stood up on her hind legs with her front feet on the chair and looked at me with a very hopeful expression on her face. She loves vanilla ice cream and thought I had some. I offered her a taste of sherbet but no go. She just left the room. I felt bad. Today I stopped at the grocery store after work and bought this.

IMG_0391.jpg

It's tiny. 3.6 ounces. There's a little spoon attached to the inside of the lid. After dinner, she was sitting by my feet so I went and got it. She saw the container and got excited. I asked her if she wanted some and she got even more excited. She had some. Just a little bit on the end of the spoon. She makes the cutest little happy noises when she's licking the spoon. That small container will last her a while. DD was with me when I went to the store. She thinks I'm nuts. Oh well. My little girl enjoyed her bit of ice cream. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I was having some orange sherbet. Sophie was sitting by my feet. She stood up on her hind legs with her front feet on the chair and looked at me with a very hopeful expression on her face. She loves vanilla ice cream and thought I had some. I offered her a taste of sherbet but no go. She just left the room. I felt bad. Today I stopped at the grocery store after work and bought this.

View attachment 282903

It's tiny. 3.6 ounces. There's a little spoon attached to the inside of the lid. After dinner, she was sitting by my feet so I went and got it. She saw the container and got excited. I asked her if she wanted some and she got even more excited. She had some. Just a little bit on the end of the spoon. She makes the cutest little happy noises when she's licking the spoon. That small container will last her a while. DD was with me when I went to the store. She thinks I'm nuts. Oh well. My little girl enjoyed her bit of ice cream. :thumbsup:
My Kirsten and I would eat Strawberry HG together, oh, how she loved it.

Although we've had a lot of rain, my yard is soo green. The tulips are almost blooming and I hear the woodpecker every morning.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a gas-powered string trimmer that accepts other attachments, like a mini-tiller and an edger, and I couldn't start it . When I pulled on the starter cord, it didn't turn the engine over, so I had 2 options: option 1- buy a new one for about $250. Option 2- take it apart and find out the problem. I picked number 2, and found a spring had become dislodged so it didn't engage to turn the crankshaft. No parts needed, and it works perfectly now. All it took was my time, and what's not to like about that?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is just the greatest thread. It makes me feel encouraged every time I drop in and read it.
After waiting all this time since the hurricane, we finally have our new roof and gutters installed on the house. I like the roof much better than I thought I would.

GPandS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I try to look for the good in every day. Maybe its my native American heritage, Even if the glass is half empty, I try to see it as half full. If it is totally empty, I still have the glass. I am also old(er), so have lived through a lot.. husband death, house burning down, just to name a few of the biggies in the past 13 yrs. Sometimes its hard to think of something positive. But I haven't given up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.