It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had several rounds of rain and storms go through between last night and all day today and nothing was tornado warned,thank goodness!Hubby says he's seen the orchard oriole and the other Baltimore pair on the east side of our property in the big walnut tree.Too wet to get in the garden today or in the bees,so just a quiet day of catch-up little chores.Yay!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had several rounds of rain and storms go through between last night and all day today and nothing was tornado warned,thank goodness!Hubby says he's seen the orchard oriole and the other Baltimore pair on the east side of our property in the big walnut tree.Too wet to get in the garden today or in the bees,so just a quiet day of catch-up little chores.Yay!
Sounds like you both had a wonderful day! It's been a good day here, too -- heavy cleaning day, so not a happy bunch of felines, but it's done now and THEIR house is clean for them.
It's been cool and cloudy, our favorite kind of weather. Possible rain during the next three days, which I always look forward to. Everything is green, flowers are blooming, and life is good!
IMG_1331.JPG
Baby Su enjoying HER chair :hearthrob::hearthrob:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you both had a wonderful day! It's been a good day here, too -- heavy cleaning day, so not a happy bunch of felines, but it's done now and THEIR house is clean for them.
It's been cool and cloudy, our favorite kind of weather. Possible rain during the next three days, which I always look forward to. Everything is green, flowers are blooming, and life is good!View attachment 283971Baby Su enjoying HER chair :hearthrob::hearthrob:
We did indeed...it was a real treat!Your Baby Su is adorable!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@tarasgirl I planted some more California poppies, and was thinking about you :)

All the rain Denver's getting should help the seeds get a good start :crossfingers:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Baby Su thanks you. I thank you, too! Wishing you another great day :D
Furballsmom Furballsmom Oh, that's great! May they thrive! I don't have any here, but near where I lived in the Mojave, people come from all over the world to see the Superbloom -- poppies and other wildflowers as far as the eye can see!
AbbysMom AbbysMom How exciting! They are beautiful. Robins' eggs?
And M maggiedemi While I haven't measured, I do know we've boasted some very long cats in this furmily. Elvis can probably make a pretty good showing, I'm thinking! *What an adorable Maggie!!!*:hearthrob::bicolorcat::hearthrob:
IMG_0343 (1).JPG
*O Longcat!* A smilin' stretchy Elvis.
It's another beautiful cloudy, cool day here in la-la land -- a little drizzle and the gardeners have made the yards look great. :hellocomputer:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought the girls a new cat tree to replace one that they destroyed the sissal on. It was just a simple one with a fuzzy hammock suspended between 2 scratching posts. This is the new one I got. I had it on my wish list and saw a coupon on it so I got it.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNQRY3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sophie tried out the scratchers as soon as I set it up ( it took like 10 minutes tops). Then I gave the cradle and the little round seat a spritz with catnip spray and left them to it. Lilith LOVES it. The cradle is hers. Sophie can use the scratchers but the cradle? Nope. It's fine because she really isn't into those much anyway. She likes to snooze on top of the cubby on the big cat tree.

Here she is enjoying it.

57912733080__03D9E0F4-6C6F-460A-80D7-CA9FED618CF7.JPG

57912734702__0CE62DAE-CBB4-40BB-BB04-4EC3F8C80020.JPG

It's pretty small. It comes up to my knee. Some reviewers on Amazon say that they have bigger cats that use it but Lily's very small and she fits in the cradle perfectly. It's like it was made for her.

It also comes with a really cute little wand toy. DD played with them last night. They liked it a lot.:rolleyes2: Sophie grabbed the crab and tried sitting on it so DD couldn't take it back. Then Lilith grabbed it, held it between her front paws and tried to chew it off the string. :lol:

IMG_0401.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the girls a new cat tree to replace one that they destroyed the sissal on. It was just a simple one with a fuzzy hammock suspended between 2 scratching posts. This is the new one I got. I had it on my wish list and saw a coupon on it so I got it.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNQRY3R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sophie tried out the scratchers as soon as I set it up ( it took like 10 minutes tops). Then I gave the cradle and the little round seat a spritz with catnip spray and left them to it. Lilith LOVES it. The cradle is hers. Sophie can use the scratchers but the cradle? Nope. It's fine because she really isn't into those much anyway. She likes to snooze on top of the cubby on the big cat tree.

Here she is enjoying it.

View attachment 284074

View attachment 284075

It's pretty small. It comes up to my knee. Some reviewers on Amazon say that they have bigger cats that use it but Lily's very small and she fits in the cradle perfectly. It's like it was made for her.

It also comes with a really cute little wand toy. DD played with them last night. They liked it a lot.:rolleyes2: Sophie grabbed the crab and tried sitting on it so DD couldn't take it back. Then Lilith grabbed it, held it between her front paws and tried to chew it off the string. :lol:

View attachment 284077
It's really attractive, even if it isn't the tallest. And the crab toy is adorable! So glad Sophie and Lily are enjoying it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No it's not but they also have the big cat tree which is 7' tall at the highest point. They also have a 5' one in their room by the windows and a condo in the living room that has a cubby, hammock and bed and that's 4' tall. I think we have about 30 scratchers in total. For 2 cats. :hyper:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it's not but they also have the big cat tree which is 7' tall at the highest point. They also have a 5' one in their room by the windows and a condo in the living room that has a cubby, hammock and bed and that's 4' tall. I think we have about 30 scratchers in total. For 2 cats. :hyper:
Good on ya!!! That's the stuff. CATIFY to SATISFY! :yess::thumbsup:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, it is a good day. Hubby is getting all the trimming, mulching done to the foundation shrubs around the house. Everything is going to look so nice now. Neat landscaping, new roof and new gutters. Wonderful after a hurricane, long winter and wind blowing everything away.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After all the storms and rain have finally gone through,it turned off chilly last night and we turned the heat back on.It's been so damp that it felt more cool than it was...in the low 40's.But the sun is finally back,the sky is clear and maybe we'll stay dry for a few days...hope hope!We have quite the little drama going on out at the bird feeder.There is a female house finch who is either injured or was born as she is...looks to be blind in one eye,and she has an issue landing on the feeder or a forsythia branch...she comes to the feeder many times a day,and what seems to be her mate is always with her.I say that because he feeds her.She does eat on her own,and sometimes he's on the feeder or he might be on a branch close by.When he leaves the feeder,she stands tall and talks to him until he comes back,and then she's all kinds of wing flutters and chirps.There's nothing I can do,and I know that,but we make a point to keep the feeder full so they'll always have food and there's a waterer in the garden hubby keeps clean and full.Sigh......

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great, Lari Lari ! I know I love my phone cases. I have two. They both have -- what else? -- cats on them. ;):winkcat:
On the subject of phones, I already know what phone I'll choose next time. The Google 3a is a really great phone and the price is good!
lizzie lizzie -- you already ARE "doing something". Big props to you for caring, for watching out for her, and for keeping that feeder full. :goldstar::thanks:

I had a nice talk with a Petco rep on the phone today. They sent me the wrong size cans on one case of food, even though it was marked as the right size on the order. So I called and ended up quite satisfied with their counter-offer. It was also good because I asked about some other items I wanted but wasn't seeing on the site, and the rep checked those out for me. The future may be bright on that score. *hope, hope* :ruminating:

Status
Not open for further replies.