It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby didn't seem to be feeling well yesterday afternoon and last night, and wasn't eating much. She seemed to make up for it overnight though and ate almost all of her food. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sent a friend a "cheer up present" for her DH who has ALS and is struggling with the diagnosis. He loves the little junk robot :D I got one for myself, too.

I really appreciate working with people who genuinely care for every one and who takes concerns seriously:agree: The company culture here is so different from what I've experienced in the past.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our regular vet was back in the office this morning and helped alleviate any anxiety I had about Carleton's recent health issue. She knows him so well and is thorough without being an alarmist. I'm extremely thankful to have found a gem like her as our vet.:heartshape:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got to see my first pileated woodpecker of the year this morning.He was taking his time going up one of my maple trees so I got to watch.So beautiful!Weather was decent and hubby got to spend a good portion of the afternoon in his bees.Wore himself out and went to bed early.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was definitely a day to be indoors.We got quite a bit of rain....old fashioned thunderstorms with plenty of lightening but no threat of tornadoes.Kind of enjoyable,and we do need the rain.I made a gigundo batch of chocolate chip cookies for hubby,got laundry caught up....a quiet and peaceful day.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For anyone who's been watching bella hummingbird live webcam, there was big trouble on Sunday and a hummy mama was killed. However, her babies were rescued and taken to a rehabber, and a first in the world of live hummingbird webcams and for birders in general, the camera is now focused on a bushtit nest.

Both parents are involved in the nestbuilding, which is also unusual - eagles are one of the few (only?) other birds where both mates build.

An amazing cycle of life - and hats off to those chat/site mods, as well as the property/camera/website owner, for resilience and a very sharp eye :thumbsup: :cloud9:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A fence privacy screen is on order for the shelter's dog exercise yard. That's something we've wanted for a long time, since signs asking people not to walk their dogs right up to the fence have had little to no effect. It should put an end to at least some of the frenzied barking we hear multiple times a day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been applying for endless numbers of jobs but to no avail. Hoping that this is the one.
I hope so too, fingers crossed they offer you the position. :crossfingers:

After going to my Zumba class which I absolutely love I decided to give myself a break and take it easy. Carleton and I watched the tv show, The Good Doctor. We both enjoyed it, of course, he slept on my lap through most of it. ;)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was having lunch today and someone who normally works in the main office joined me. On Wednesdays some people from the office work from the lab instead. It's nice to get to know those who work in the office :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.