It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh wow, Lari Lari , I do like a good jigsaw but that one is HARD! Well done you! :cheerleader:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
For months I tried to convince a friend that her prepaid smartphone was costing her too much money and that she'd be much better off with a contract. I even found several good options for her.

She got a flatrate contract last week and has to pay less per month than she was paying for 4 -5 days and is thrilled.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
For months I tried to convince a friend that her prepaid smartphone was costing her too much money and that she'd be much better off with a contract. I even found several good options for her.

She got a flatrate contract last week and has to pay less per month than she was paying for 4 -5 days and is thrilled.
Consumer Cellular is really cheap, I pay $35 per month including tax and all that other stuff you have to pay with unlimited talk and text and there is no contract at all. I could have gotten it even cheaper but I wanted a bit to be able to send pics and so it was a bit more. I already had a phone my daughter had given to me so I only had to go to Target and get it all set up, no charge and nobody trying to sell me more, then to AT&T to get all my addresses transferred to this "new" phone from my old flip phone, they were not happy. Said they could have gotten me the same rate if I had asked. How was I to know that was possible? They don't advertise the cheap rate, so bye bye AT&T. Wells Fargo lost me the same way and I had been with them forever, paying a bank charge every month for the privilege of having a checking account. They never told me they could have waved the charge, they just happily took my money every month until I found that another bank did not have monthly charges and I changed banks. Too bad, this is not good customer service, just greed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is supposed to be about positive things.

I finally have hot water back after noticing my hot water heater was leaking over two weeks ago.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought this one because of the hummers and butterflies. I tried to buy the one Mani but they no longer had it.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It truly is a beautiful day here. After literally a year without a completed kitchen, the guys installed our new counter tops, I installed the new sink and faucet, and now the project is complete- at last. The best part is that Michele and I didn't kill each other, or file for divorce

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I'm not good at puzzles, that would drive me crazy. I saw one once that was two-sided and one side was all red, nothing else, and you had to have both sides at the same time coming out right. Just looking at that much red would make my eyes bug out! Better to cuddle with kitties and a good book with soft music playing in the background. Rain dripping softly from the eaves and a glass of wine by my elbow would make it perfect. I think I'll do that right now, well, without the rain as the sun is shining.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I took a close friend out to lunch for her birthday. We talked for hours and they were literally mopping the floors around our feet - hint, hint. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, we had the spay and neuter clinic at the rescue where I volunteer. We did four ferals (we have a feral only day in two weeks,) 11 dogs and 27 cats! They will be back from the clinic tomorrow, all fixed! :thumbsup:
I have nothing but admiration for you people that do volunteer work at the clinics.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was beautiful out today,but too cold to work out there,so we spent the afternoon at the diningroom table putting new wax foundation into the frames for his hives.We got quite a bit done...yay teamwork!Have you ever seen what a bunch of cats will do with tissue paper crumpled into balls?They literally had a party...so darn funny to watch!We laughed til the tears ran.Yes,I had a mess to sweep up but it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.