I Voluntered To Hand Rear Two 3 Days Old Kittens Rejected By Their Momma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is!
Weight this morning 07/26 : 837 gr (+49)
That's crazy! Tomorrow she will be 8 weeks, and it will be 7 days without any panleuk symptoms!
Since I put a second box upstairs, no more pee-pee on the bed. And guess what? She finally is eating her kibbles like they are, she's doesn't want them mixed in her wet food anymore.

The rescue is planning on putting her up for adoption when she will have 2 weeks in a row without any symptoms, and also will be the right weight. Since she's now eating both dry and wet, and doesn't have any litter box problems, I'm going to work with her about not being afraid of other human beings. I actually don't know if she's afraid or not, but she loves to play so much that I don't think it will be a problem.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you feel about letting her go ? I suppose that's the job of a foster ..

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do you feel about letting her go ? I suppose that's the job of a foster ..
I feel good about it. It's the right thing for her, and all 6 of us. I always want to keep my foster(s) when they arrive. The same thing happens every time.
First there was Josephine, a tortie. She was crazy energetic, and at the time we only had Sparrow. She was with us for 1 month, and I wanted to keep her. It was late in the day, so I wanted to call the rescue and tell them, but decided to wait until the next day. I got a text the same night, telling me that a family with kids wanted to come by and meet her. She's with them now, and last time I heard, they were perfect for each other.

Then, I got Boo. His sister was still at the vet being treated for a broken pelvis. I ended up with Boo and his sis' Tessa, and then rescued Shadow myself. That was too much too soon for Sparrow, and that decided my mom to adopt Boo & Tessa.
I can see them whenever I want!

After that we got Moby & Medley. I immediately knew Moby was staying. The feeling was completely different. I couldn't approach him for I think 2 weeks, but I just knew he wasn't going anywhere. And then I thought it would be cruel to separate Moby & Medley, because they were brothers. And that's how we went from 1 cat to 4...

That feeling I got from/with Moby, I don't feel that with Leyia. I suspect I will always want to keep my fosters, just because I can't help but love them like they're mine. But I think I will be able to tell the difference between the "Moby" vibe, and the "Oh My Gosh you're so cute I want to keep you forever" vibe.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember all these cats from your other thread! How are Boo and Tessa doing at your mom's?

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're doing amazing! They have my mom trained really well :lol:
Boo turned out to be a big cat, almost as tall as Sparrow, and very cuddly. Tessa is way smaller, and she enjoys sleeping anywhere as long as my mom is there right next to her.
I'll get some pics next time I'm at her place!

The best part of it is, there is a room at my mom's that she's not really using for anything. She told me she wants to clear it, catify it, and maybe start fostering! I guess if she does, we will all have something to do with it, I keep telling her about TCS, everything I learn, how much support and knowledge I find here, it was bound to rub off on her :lol:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sounds like a great idea=I too need to purge my home so I can set up fostering-when work slows down I want something to keep me busy. And bringing kittens in is always been my dream-I never had kittens before-so I need to set up the room so they have their own furniture, litter and food and toys..of course Honeybee will want to investigate. She likes other cats. always licks pumps my other cat but pumps is grumpy.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Things are going great! Leyia weighted at 920 gr yesterday, and she's a lot of fun! No symptoms at all, she's running around jumping on everyone, playing, eating, and then sleeping, just like a kitten :lol:

She's really partial to wet food, I'm having a hard time getting her to eat kibbles.

Some pics from last week :

DSC08004.JPG DSC08009.JPG

Playing with Medley, who obviously is not quite in the mood...
DSC08011.JPG DSC08012.JPG DSC08013.JPG

DSC08000.JPG

The new cat tree! I'm going to use it as a starting point to finally make that kitty highway I wanted for them since last year.
DSC08019.JPG

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leyia looks fantastic! Actually the wet food is best for her, so I wouldn't worry about the kibbles! :)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm only worrying about the kibbles because there's a good chance her furever family will feed her kibbles, so I just don't want her to stop eating. She's eating A LOT of wet food. The kibbles are being eaten by the other 4, who have decided that they didn't like wet food anymore... They were on all wet before, and Moby and Medley are kibble lovers. So I guess we're back to feeding wet and dry for everyone :lol:

I forgot to mention that Leyia caught her first fly yesterday! The first one I saw anyway. It was a coop job, Moby helped her.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got the rescue on the phone, and we will be putting Leyia up for adoption very soon. We were wondering what would the effects be if she were to be vaccinated against panleuk, even though she's now immunized. I'm going to research it, and if anyone has any info on that, please don't hesitate!

Leyia may end up being adopted by my neighbors, the ones that are owned by Amé, the black cat! That would be the best scenario possible, I know them and how they take care of their cat, and because I would see her every day... Amé and Leyia already know each other, and she even goes to his place to steal his kibbles. That's OK, because Amé comes by our place to steal wet food :lol:
They chase each other endlessly, all in good fun, no aggression whatsoever.

Some more pics taken today, enjoying the enclosed courtyard that we share with Amé's humans :

DSC_74.jpg

DSC_83.jpg

DSC_0086.JPG

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no reason to vaccinate Leyia against panleukopenia. She now carries the antigens. I would not chance her being made sick again for any reason.

I hope the neighbors adopt her!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Great pictures! I hope she does move in with the people next door, that would be so nice for everyone.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update time. I talked with my neighbors, and they are not going to adopt Leyia. I'm sad of course, but I know she's going to have a great family. She's going up for adoption tomorrow on the rescue's website.
She's doing amazing, and she's even crazier than Shadow. She's an acrobat, and she's a lot of fun. She's also more and more affectionate, she comes on my lap and demands kisses and pets, and she's rubbing her face on my nose!
She just loves my other cats, they play together a lot, and now they even groom each other.
It's going to be hard to let her go, she's a wonderful cat.

I had a call from Aloïs today! She was able to go see the kittens (finally!), and they were ALL there. Tiny Blue made it! I was so happy to hear that. Momma cat is now spayed, and out of the 7 kittens, 2 have already went with Alyssa's sister. They are eating kibbles. Aloïs is going to go back next week to take White Paw home with her, so I asked her to take Tiny Blue with her too. Alyssa doesn't want to keep any of the kittens, so that's 4 kittens left. I'm going to call the rescue tomorrow and see what we can do about it.

So, good news all around!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is fabulous news! I think the Cat Goddess was looking over and blessing these kittens in spite of Alyssa. :lovecat2:

I have to wonder what size Tiny Blue is. I'm so relieved to hear he made it.

Will you still take Tiny Blue?

So happy Leyia is doing so well. It's sad she is not staying with you, but it sounds like she will adjust easily to a new home, as loving and playful as you describe her personality! :)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she will, she's really social with cats and humans.
I will foster Tiny Blue if the rescue agree to take him in, and we will find him a home. I want to continue to foster, and financially, having a 5th permanent cat is not going to be possible, we wouldn't be able to take care of them properly. That being said, I'm not excluding another possible "Moby effect"... but I'm hoping not.

Apparently, Tiny Blue is a little smaller than his siblings, and is regularly pushed out of the food bowl, just like when he was nursing. I can't wait to get him, I really hope the rescue will agree to take him.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh so sad the neighbours didn't adopt leyia...I remember reading your posts when she was ill at the vets! Gosh I'd even be sat at work checking my phone to see if you had updated

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Great news all round.

:clap:

Even though Leyia isn't going to be living next door she made it, and now she is going to make some lucky person's home complete.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Exactly Norachan Norachan ! But these guys are really making this hard for me... Here's what happened last night :

I often turn my head to check on the cats when I'm at the computer, and out of nowhere, Medley decided that Leyia would make a nice pillow.

DSC_0101.JPG

Not even 20 minutes later, I turned my head again, and saw this :

DSC_0105.JPG

Are you kidding me?!?
I told them, "Guys, we can't keep her!". They are driving me crazy. But they are so cute, I can't hold that against them :lol: