I Voluntered To Hand Rear Two 3 Days Old Kittens Rejected By Their Momma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh bless her ! She is beautiful ! Glad she is getting on with the others ! Do you think Shadow has sensed she has been unwell ?
I think they all knew it. But it is interesting, considering Shadow was the only female up until now, and she always is keeping the 3 males at bay. They are all spayed/neutered and vaccinated BTW.

You're keeping her....right?

Any news on Tiny Blue?
No news about the Tiny Blue litter.

And as to keeping her, I go back and forth with that in my head, because in my heart I want to keep her, I feel like she belongs here with us.

I was already on the fence when I fostered Medley and Moby last December, because keeping them meant I had to stop fostering. With 4 cats in a little apartment, I didn't see how fostering could work.
And then came kitten season this year, and I volunteered once again, but only to take on newborns or very young kittens, like Lays and Leyia.
And now I'm faced with the same dilemma. And adding to that that I'm not sure if the rescue will be OK with me adopting her, because I have 4 already in a little place.

Thinking about it, I think I already made my decision, because I'm working on adding vertical space since last week...

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's why I couldn't foster or one of the many reasons why I had gracie spayed as if she had kittens I'd fall in love with them !

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know. And with 5 cats, I don't think I would want to, unless under extreme conditions, like if the rescue needed to place kittens for two or three days.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 5 is the perfect number. If I could afford it, I would get 3 more.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, legally I can have 8... but 5 could be the magic number...
Why only 8? Is this an apartment rule? city?.....France?
I'm curious, not being sarcastic or anything. (I don't know much about other Countries)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Someone told me this last year. But I just did some research, and apparently, if all animals are spayed/neutered, vaccinated and identified, and are well taken care of, in a clean environment, then there's no "limit". I guess the number of animals and the surface of the home could be taken into consideration, but only if one of the above rules were broken.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I would love to hear you say "I'm keeping them both", 5 cats in a small apartment is a huge responsibility. It may just be too much.

I'm probably going to get some grief for that comment, but I think logically. Sometimes I need to push my feelings and heart aside.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You won't get grief from me! That's exactly my reasoning. And I love fostering so much.
What do you mean by "keeping them both"? If you're talking about Lays, she passed away the day after I got her and Leyia. Right now, I'm fostering Leyia, and I have my 4 cats : Sparrow, Shadow, Medley and Moby.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant Leyia and Tiny Blue (if available). I miscounted, I was thinking you had 3 cats, not 4.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah OK, yes, I have 4+1, so 5, but Leyia doesn't take much space (yet). If I can get Tiny Blue, I'll see about getting him adopted through the rescue. I still haven't decided about Leyia, but I have a little time, she needs to recuperate!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When might you have information on Tiny Blue or his litter? This seems to have taken a backseat to more current issues.

I do not think you need to make decisions yet on who or how many you keep.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I love seeing cats get adopted it sort of makes me sad to see a foster "foster fail" and adopt one of their fosters. Just because that means that is one less spot that they have to save a life and be a temporary home until they can go to their forever homes. But a cat getting a forever home is still great! I am sure whatever decision you make it will be the right one!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hats off to all of you ! I have one kitten / cat. She 10 months now so suppose I should start calling her a cat soon (although don't want to as she my kitten ).. Anyway I digress. I'd love more pets however I currently work full time and am also in one bed apartment. Im also not sure how she would be with another pet! I read so many people struggling on here with introductions and I had a nightmare I adopted a cat like creature (it was a dream) and it attacked gracie !!!