I Voluntered To Hand Rear Two 3 Days Old Kittens Rejected By Their Momma

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Those are precious pictures! Clearly, Leyia and your cats have bonded.

In fact, it looks like your cats love her dearly. Perhaps they are trying to tell you something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not you too!
I actually vaguely broached the subject with the rescue this morning, and the answer was no. My place is too small for 5 permanent cats. Unfortunately I also got a no as to take Tiny Blue in. The rescue is overwhelmed, so unless it's really urgent, they are not taking anymore cats.
They actually just got a kitten that is around 3 months and weight 500 gr. I have no idea how that kitty survived.

I'm a bit down today as a result. But I have to be responsible, and I just can't care for 5 cats properly. The "lack" of space is not the problem in my opinion. But lack of money sure is.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That picture of the cats hugging is the cutest picture I've ever seen! It's sad that you can't keep her, but think of all the other cats you will be able to save. You can't keep every one. It sounds like your calling is to help more cats, think of it that way. Will the shelter let you take in Tiny Blue, since they are full?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a shame.

But you can take Tiny Blue in yourself for now, right? To help him to grow?

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I can take him in, but if I can't place him with the rescue, then what?

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just told Aloïs to bring me Tiny when she's going to Alyssa's to take White Paw (his name is actually "Chaussettes", Socks in English). He was born on June 10, that will make him 2 months old, so he should be at around 1kg, is that right?

BTW, Leyia refuses to weight 1 kg. She's at 998 gr :lol:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eight week olds should weigh two pounds.

When is Alois fetching the kittens?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear an update on Tiny Blue. I feel like he has to live with you for some period of time after all that. Love the pics of Leyia as pillow.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eight week olds should weigh two pounds.

When is Alois fetching the kittens?
Two pounds is one kg, so that's good. She didn't know exactly when she was going to go, "sometime this week" was all I got.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Aloïs still doesn't know when she's going, but she wants me to go with her, so I will. That actually works for me because it gives us more time to find a home for Leyia. I requested that her future forever home already have at least one cat matching her energy level, whatever the age. She just loves other cats, so I think she needs it.

Here are some pics taken last night, I'm beginning to think that they're doing it on purpose :

DSC08125.JPG

DSC08115.JPG

DSC08121.JPG

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
OMG so precious. If those are in chronological order, I say it points towards them doing it on purpose. Look at that expression in the middle photo.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The middle photo was actually taken first. After that is the last photo, and then the first one.

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
OK, she's not as sneaky then. The look is more of an 'oh, hi - just resting with my buddy - see how cute we are together?'

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They do look very happy together, don't they? I hope she gets re-homed with another cat.

I took in a litter of feral kittens a few years ago. One of them, Bea, stayed with me for a few months. Her 2 litter mates got adopted fairly quickly but Bea had an eye infection so had to stay much longer. She bonded really closely with my cats, I think I had 25 at the time. We eventually rehomed her through a shelter. First day there she met another rescued kitten that was about the same age as her and they became inseparable. The shelter insisted they were adopted together so they both went to the same home. Happy ending!

I hope Leyia has the same good luck as Bea.

:crossfingers:

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That would be great! I sent Leyia's info I think on Tuesday, but she's still not up on the rescue's website. That's fine by me, she still need to put on some weight. When she got here her eyes were watery, but then it went away with meds. Now just the left eye water from time to time, no discharge, no redness, just watery. I told the vet about it, but she didn't want to give Leyia more meds because she had so many already. I'll talk to them about it again tomorrow.

Medley's got conjunctivitis in his left eye, I think that was when playing with Leyia. I got him to the vet yesterday, and his eye is fine, no scratched cornea, no ulcer! He's on eye ointment for ten days, and his eye look much better already. I needed worming meds for him too, and I didn't really pay attention when they gave them to me, I just thought "Profender, yeah that rings a bell". Darn, he's fine, no side effects, but I won't be giving that to him again. He's easy to pill, so I don't need spot on.

Other than that everything is going great. Still no news about Tiny though, I'm waiting.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder what is taking so long to go get the kittens from Alyssa? Any word from Alois?

Good Leyia is well. Perhaps she needs another week or two with you to gain weight. I will miss hearing about her and seeing the precious pictures.

Medley sounds as though he is responding well to his meds! :)

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aloïs was supposed to have found an apartment by now, but she didn't yet, and she can't bring a cat at her parents house because they don't want her to. So she wants to wait until she gets a place. I swear people are so complicated sometimes.

Medley is really awesome when it comes to vet care and meds at home. He hates it, but he keeps fairly still, he knows it's going to go faster if he just puts up with it :lol: He had so much going on when we got him, I think he's accustomed to it unfortunately.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh those pictures !! I hope she goes to a home with another cat !!! So sweet