I Voluntered To Hand Rear Two 3 Days Old Kittens Rejected By Their Momma

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The SNAP test detects panleukopenia. Feces up to one week old can be tested if stored under refrigeration. I am not aware of any time limit for detecting the antigens. The vet must have snap-tested Leyia's feces.

Panleuk is such a nasty virus. You can see how it will quickly and easily wipe out an entire litter of small kittens. It's a painful death too.

Leyia has had good care and she is a fighter. I hope she is getting over the worst of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have good news! Leyia finally gained some weight! She's still under observation today and tomorrow, and if all goes well, she'll be back here on Wednesday!

I did also get news about Alyssa's cat Minette and her litter of 7. Apparently, all 7 are still here, but Alyssa is forbidding anyone to come and see the cats. You'll never guess why...
She is upset because Minette is paying less attention to HER since she got her litter, and she's blaming it all on Aloïs and me, because we came by a few times and handled the kittens.
Good grief, I don't want to imagine what's going to happen with these kits.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I wrote that, I shut everything down and was going to bed, when it hit me. 7 kittens?
Does this mean little one didn't make it? Wasn't there confusion on how many there actually were?
Please tell me there was a miscount and the little one is alright.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There was a miscount, Tiny Blue is still here, but since the info are coming from Alyssa, and she won't let anyone in her place, I really can't be sure.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank (whom ever you believe in). I was sitting on pins until you responded.
Is she going to let you have Tiny Blue if you still want him? I'm hoping she's telling the truth and all are o.k..
It's 2 am and I'm off to bed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hallelujah on Alyssa's kittens. Hopefully it's true. She has no business with a cat, much less kittens.

Wonderful news on Leyia too! I will feel better when she is home with you!

Will you visit?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh bless Leyia!!! I was too scared to read your post. I want you to keep her

My god that Alyssa"s strange . Did I read that right ?She is jealous of kittens ? Did her cat minette really give her attention ? Bet Minette is thinking : Thank goodness I have an excuse not to play with Her at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Alyssa will be singing a different tune when 7 kittens are running around her flat making messes, and she has to look after food and litter box issues. With her unfriendly demeanor she may have a tough time finding homes for them.

I still hope you manage to get Tiny Blue though.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, that's one way to make sure she gets Minette fixed-if she has no more litters, all her attention will go to Alyssa.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hallelujah on Alyssa's kittens. Hopefully it's true. She has no business with a cat, much less kittens.

Wonderful news on Leyia too! I will feel better when she is home with you!

Will you visit?
I was planning on visiting today, but guess what? She's ready to come home!
She went from 425gr Sunday night to 500gr this morning, no temp, no vomiting, nothing. And she's off meds. I'm going to the vet this afternoon to pick her up! I'm so happy she made it!

Alyssa will be singing a different tune when 7 kittens are running around her flat making messes, and she has to look after food and litter box issues. With her unfriendly demeanor she may have a tough time finding homes for them.

I still hope you manage to get Tiny Blue though.
I hope I can get him, I don't know how's that going to play out though. I still remember his face vividly, but he was like 12 days old. And I can't go to her place. The only chance I have is Aloïs coming through for me and get the two kittens at the same time. We'll see.