I Need Advice On Wanting My Cat Back!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really hope you get Cici back, but before you involve the shelter, please be 100% sure that they will allow Cici to return to you if they go pick her up. The only thing worse than Cici staying with your co-worker would be her going back to the shelter and you never knowing what became of her. Good luck. :crossfingers:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I really hope you get Cici back, but before you involve the shelter, please be 100% sure that they will allow Cici to return to you if they go pick her up. The only thing worse than Cici staying with your co-worker would be her going back to the shelter and you never knowing what became of her. Good luck. :crossfingers:
:yeah: I really hope that you get her back and that everything works out for you here. :goodluck:

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He called and they said they would have animal control pick it up and we could most likely just come get her.
Hi Jay,
Nice and easy. Hope you slept well. Don't put pressure on yourself or feel like the spotlight is on you. Talk it out with your husband and go with what feels right. Don't let the woman know or threaten her with animal control if you decide to get C back. Like I said before, everyone will survive, especially the kids. And as far as working with her, you don't owe her anything, she will be just another person in the workplace and you will keep working.....with your head high. All the best my dear!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Jay,
Nice and easy. Hope you slept well. Don't put pressure on yourself or feel like the spotlight is on you. Talk it out with your husband and go with what feels right. Don't let the woman know or threaten her with animal control if you decide to get C back. Like I said before, everyone will survive, especially the kids. And as far as working with her, you don't owe her anything, she will be just another person in the workplace and you will keep working.....with your head high. All the best my dear!
Thank you so much! I have thought about it and weighed the pros and cons. I truly believe kitty is better off with me. I have the space, time and money to care for her, and i don’t have any trust left with the other person. I doubt she is in a situation to provide the care it needs if her skin condition needs addressing, i found out more for sure about the living situation recently, there are four adults and two children in a house the size of an apartment (no judgement there, some people are comfortable that way) but it still worries me for the cat, especially since i never met these people that are living there and supervising the cat with the toddler during the day. I feel like the only con is she will be upset and i don’t mind that at this point, like you all have said, life goes on. I will make sure to ask animal control questions first before “pulling the trigger” per se. i have true friends on stand by and my husband available to pick her up if for some reason she was taken back to the shelter instead of returned directly to me. But ultimately i am hoping she will be brought back directly to me. I feel good about this decision. I will do this Monday, because i will be home to provide my papers to animal control and she will be at work. There will still be someone at the house i think as I said someone watches her youngest during the day.

Thank you everyone for your help...i will keep updating for sure

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow morning is when I’ll be calling animal control, i am getting more and more worried that they will tell me they cannot do anything. I’m getting doubtful that they would go to someone’s home to reclaim an animal. It seems like the only thing they do is with strays or nuisance animals or extreme cases of abuse. I hope i don’t call and they tell me that that’s not something they do...

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know you, but I'm sending out a big hug. It's a big day tomorrow, sheer anxiety actually. I'll be on pins and needles as well. You are following your heart, that's all you can do. Please be sure to stress the importance of this cat for you and your family and his medical needs that you will care for which is the reason you need their help. Inform them that you will meet them at their center immediately to pick up the cat with papers and pictures. Try to breathe, try to sleep. And let's all pray a good prayer tonight that tomorrow is a good day for Jay and Cici.

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed that everything works out today for you and Cici. :crossfingers:
So we called and animal control basically said they wouldn’t do it because it seems like a “civil” matter, returning my “property” from someone else’s house...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you go visit her? That way you could check on the cat and talk in person?

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has ignored my texts at this point our relationship is very poor and i doubt she will let me visit.

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And now actually i just got a callback from a woman who says they can check the living conditions. I’m afraid there’s nothing out right they will find in order to take her.

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy......hmm, can you call back animal control and ask for advice? Did you tell them that the shelter indicated that AC would assist?

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh boy......hmm, can you call back animal control and ask for advice? Did you tell them that the shelter indicated that AC would assist?
At this point have called the shelter twice and no has has been available so i left a message.

Seems as though I’ve lost my cat guys.

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I even brought it up to Animal control that the adoption contract was violated and it says the animal must be returned to the shelter even if it’s not returned directly to me but they don’t seem like they’ll be doing anything at all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it a no-kill shelter? I'm worried that they will take the cat back and not return her to you.

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it a no-kill shelter? I'm worried that they will take the cat back and not return her to you.
They are definitely a kill shelter but it sounds like they will check the living conditions and won't remove her unless they're horrid or something. I doubt she will be removed at this point. I thought they would be allowed to remove her based on the adoption contract alone and then we could go get her from the shelter, who seems open to our situation but it doesn't look like that will happen. Looks like my only opportunity here is to get an attorney, which I've been advised by a public defender friend that if she has the texts to prove I gave her the cat I would definitely not get her back. :( So I think at this point my battle is lost. Very upsetting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. Well at least she's not in the kill shelter anymore. Is there any way to repair your friendship with this girl? Maybe she will have a change of heart and give her back to you.