I Need Advice On Wanting My Cat Back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:yeah: That sounds to me like she is panicking. She may taunt you like that now, but I bet she's worrying about how far this has gone. She must know that she is partly in the wrong about misleading you over her home situation. I'm sure she knows her attitude towards you since you asked her to return the cat doesn't do her any favours either.

I suggest that you don't reply to any of her messages or try to contact her any further. Maybe a carefully worded letter from an attorney would be helpful at this point? I think if you just drop the matter now you're going to be haunted by the "What ifs....." in the future. Having come this far I would take the next step and see where it takes you.
Unfortunately guys she got under my skin and i replied already.

To that message i said: there is no need to be nasty. I have tried to be polite to you this whole time.
I have every right to check on animal that’s under my name. i could’ve just asked you but you decide whether or not you’re going to treat me like a human being and respond to me or not, so i called. I’m 23 years old and sometimes make mistakes, i figured you’d be understanding and have empathy. You son is nearly my age range. but instead you are almost 40 years old and would rather taunt someone who is in emotional distress. Not cool. At the end of the day we have to live with how we treat others and the sympathy we have for people goes a long way. I have always gotten along with you and felt comfortable expressing my self cause i figured you have always been nice to me and would get it. Boy was i horribly wrong. You’ve taught me a big lesson in how to read people.

She then said:
no one is being nasty or taunting. I simply asked if you needed my address and I told you my thoughts on the situation over a week ago. I told you then and will again, do what you need to do. My children and their frelings are my priority. No one else. Maybe you will understand that some day when you are old and 40.

My response was: You know as well as i do that your tone in that message was complete sarcasm. I get it, no one else matters to you but your kids. If you could have had some empathy and returned my cat your children could be just as happy picking out another one and i think we both know that kids are resilient and would love another kitty just as much. You were unwilling to even try to explain to them or ask them. I’m not calling you old I’m just saying we are adults here. There’s nothing left for me to say. It’s just sad that it doesn’t make a difference to you what anyone else feels. I wish we could’ve worked something out. I would have been and would still be happy to recommended dozens of other places to have your kids pick a kitty of their own choosing. We are having this conversation for no reason, you are unwilling to budge. Hell for the 1k i offered you could’ve taken the kids to Disney and still picked out a new cat. Oh well.

So i think i was getting a little testy there. Oops. but it’s not right for her to walk on me and treat me like crap. She’s being a little kid and i was just trying to talk to her person to person previously. I won’t send another message again regardless to if she responds. I’ll see how it goes...i have work 7a-7p the next three days so it would be a minute before i can file a claim anyway. :)

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately guys she got under my skin and i replied already.

To that message i said: there is no need to be nasty. I have tried to be polite to you this whole time.
I have every right to check on animal that’s under my name. i could’ve just asked you but you decide whether or not you’re going to treat me like a human being and respond to me or not, so i called. I’m 23 years old and sometimes make mistakes, i figured you’d be understanding and have empathy. You son is nearly my age range. but instead you are almost 40 years old and would rather taunt someone who is in emotional distress. Not cool. At the end of the day we have to live with how we treat others and the sympathy we have for people goes a long way. I have always gotten along with you and felt comfortable expressing my self cause i figured you have always been nice to me and would get it. Boy was i horribly wrong. You’ve taught me a big lesson in how to read people.

She then said:
no one is being nasty or taunting. I simply asked if you needed my address and I told you my thoughts on the situation over a week ago. I told you then and will again, do what you need to do. My children and their frelings are my priority. No one else. Maybe you will understand that some day when you are old and 40.

My response was: You know as well as i do that your tone in that message was complete sarcasm. I get it, no one else matters to you but your kids. If you could have had some empathy and returned my cat your children could be just as happy picking out another one and i think we both know that kids are resilient and would love another kitty just as much. You were unwilling to even try to explain to them or ask them. I’m not calling you old I’m just saying we are adults here. There’s nothing left for me to say. It’s just sad that it doesn’t make a difference to you what anyone else feels. I wish we could’ve worked something out. I would have been and would still be happy to recommended dozens of other places to have your kids pick a kitty of their own choosing. We are having this conversation for no reason, you are unwilling to budge. Hell for the 1k i offered you could’ve taken the kids to Disney and still picked out a new cat. Oh well.

So i think i was getting a little testy there. Oops. but it’s not right for her to walk on me and treat me like crap. She’s being a little kid and i was just trying to talk to her person to person previously. I won’t send another message again regardless to if she responds. I’ll see how it goes...i have work 7a-7p the next three days so it would be a minute before i can file a claim anyway. :)
Not a good move Jay....sorry

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not a good move Jay....sorry
True but i felt a need to defend myself. She has said several rude things thus far and I’m tired of it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been to her house before, or is she just an acquaintance?

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been to her house before, or is she just an acquaintance?
I haven’t ever been. We were work friends but not close enough to hang out.

Jayess94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep going back and forth about the court thing. I feel like any judge will just say it’s too bad, you gave it away. I don’t think i would win her back. :( she still has not sent me anything or changed her mind at all and i know she will not.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been hesitant to post this, because I know how badly I'd want my Ruby back if for some reason she ended up with someone else. However, it seems like your co-worker will fight as hard to keep Cici as you will to get her back, and you might still lose if it goes to court. And either way, you will lose money.

As M maggiedemi suggested, maybe try to mend the relationship with your co-worker, so that she might eventually let you know how Cici is doing, and possibly let you visit her.

And try to focus on the fact that you saved Cici's life when you rescued her from the kill shelter. And that Cici now has a home with a family. Perhaps that's the only role you were meant to have in Cici's life. And maybe that's because there's another cat in a kill shelter that needs a kind, caring person with the financial means to rescue and nurse back to health.