Howdy from Smyrna, DE (Delaware, not Germany)

cayz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I'm James!
I'm an old guy who drives a little blue smart car around (see Avatar) and likes cats.

I have 5 cats at home - Cuddy (Killer Kitty McGilly Cuddy), Sam (Samantha), Robin, Abby (Abigail, "Abby Normal"), Finn ("Finn The Adventurer, Big Boy, MegaChonker (22# ginger). (I don't know if pictures would be appropriate for my initial post, and I *know* links to their FB page aren't permitted, so...)

I am the "Facilities Manager" of the Port Penn Cat Colony (PPCC) with 8 cats: Angel & Raven, Rags & Spot, Minnie, Laverne, Sprinkles, and Rayne. More about that in my "About Me."

Since I'm a tinkerer, I'm always looking to do something new. The off-grid PPCC has many of the luxuries of home - Lights, Power, Heat, Water. If you are interested in learning how I've done any of it, I'm all for sharing ideas.

I also start / maintain the websites and Facebook Pages for a number of DE cat rescues / non-profits.

My most recent cat-related "add" is a HomeAgain Universal Microchip Reader - yeah, unfortunately the really expensive one. I've had personal experience with cats with odd chips that normal scanners don't read (2 of my home cats!). So, now I've also made myself available in the local area to scan strays, etc. when a vet visit just isn't practical. I really need to clone myself...

When I'm not doing that, or at work, I'm also a large fan of Disney (all things "Disney") (I married a Disney addict). She & I and some other friends run a non-profit that raises funds for a resort in central FL for seriously-ill children. (clone #3).

Again, thank you for letting me bend your collective ears!

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: James and fur family. It sounds like you definitely need to clone yourself. The world needs more people like you and your wonderful wife. Thank you for all you do for the kid's and cat's. And yes picture's please we love pictures :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cayz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pictures? I got pictures...

The Home Crew:
Cuddy
Cuddy.jpeg
Sam
Samantha.jpeg
Robin
Robin.jpeg

Abby:
Abby.jpeg
Finn:
Finn.jpeg

The Port Penn Cat Colony:

Laverne:
Laverne.jpeg
Spot:
Spot.jpeg
Minnie:
Minnie.jpeg

Raven:
Raven.JPG
Angel:
Angel.jpeg
Rags:
Rags.JPEG

Rayne:
Rayne.JPEG
Sprinkles:
Sprinkles.jpeg

Phillies:
And for any Phillies Fans, you might have Deja Vu with Finn - yes, that was him on the first base line for the 2020 season:
1645474168855.png

And no, I didn't pay anything special for that neat spot - the people looked at his hat (it says "Phinn"), and put him up there.
I brought him back with me for the 2021 Season Opener to heckle the teams (he had thought bubbles printed up), and he also shows up in our front screen door and windows for holidays.

Enjoy

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pictures? I got pictures...

The Home Crew:
CuddyView attachment 411615 SamView attachment 411616 RobinView attachment 411617

Abby:View attachment 411618 Finn:View attachment 411619

The Port Penn Cat Colony:

Laverne:View attachment 411620 Spot: View attachment 411621 Minnie:View attachment 411622
Raven:View attachment 411623 Angel: View attachment 411624 Rags:View attachment 411625
Rayne:View attachment 411626 Sprinkles: View attachment 411627

Phillies:
And for any Phillies Fans, you might have Deja Vu with Finn - yes, that was him on the first base line for the 2020 season:
View attachment 411629
And no, I didn't pay anything special for that neat spot - the people looked at his hat (it says "Phinn"), and put him up there.
I brought him back with me for the 2021 Season Opener to heckle the teams (he had thought bubbles printed up), and he also shows up in our front screen door and windows for holidays.

Enjoy
You do indeed they are absolutely adorable. The port Penn colony. How cute are they? And you'll have to give the home crew extra scratches just for thier cuteness. Loving Finn at the baseball. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cat's.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
7797debee19b484eaa7082ff3a80a001.jpg
here at The Catsite, a warm
JN001__02379.1471462848.1280.1280.jpg
to you and your lovely home crew.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do poster more photos of them and we have special threads here just for them in bi-color-kitties-only.85808, show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378, tuxedo-cats.281802, black-cats-only.268663 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29. Also there's a current competition-february-picture-of-the-month-draw-me-like-one-of-your-french-girls-cats-in-fetching-poses.440591 which is closing soon for entries and you have a kitty that fits the description, do enter them.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, your ever so patient wife, and ALL the cats, both the "home" and the "away" teams! Anyone who helps ferals is automatically a friend of mine! Thanks for all you do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cayz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Lovely clowder of kitties, both the ones at home, and those at the colony.:catlove:
That's why the home ones are called the Cayz Clowder (in case you didn't see that in the avatar). They have more fans than I do...