Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So the last few days Lucy has been randomly having this really bad sounding cough but she isn't doing it a lot just a few times a day. I thought it was a hairball but nothing came. Now she sounds like when I get real close to her like maybe she's got some fluid goimg on in there maybe. Think I should give her clavomox, or do I need to take her to the vet tomorrow when I pick up the kitty? Can't afford to take her but I will if I need to. She's acting fine by the way from what I can see, just the coughing. I just want to know she doesn't have phnemonia

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The new guy is home now. Pretty scared but not mean. Acts a lot like Mr Mooney. He's all up to date on shots and such, and seems alright. They said he should be able to eat dry food even if he didn't have any teeth but I gave him canned for at least today anyway. Figure I'll see what he can eat after a few days and decide then. I took some new pics of him, 1 showing how skinny he is, and I'm not squeezing at all so he's really a little smaller than the pic.

I'm starting Lucy tonight on clavomox and if she's not stopped coughing like that in a few days I'll take her to the vet. Hopefully that works though cause I'm vet billed out for sure! He got antibiotics to take home and they almost forgot his combo shot but I made sure we got that. The vet who checked us out wasn't the same one from going in and he seemed surprised I did all that for a kitty I never met cause I asked if he was being nice while there and told him I needed to know cause we just met. I think he will be jist fine once he gets more use to being in the house and having the dogs and other cats around making a ruckus. He said it's hard to tell for sure but he thinks he's probably around 12 years old. He's got probably 10 left in him hopefully.

20180221_151844.jpg
20180221_152610.jpg
20180221_152620.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So glad he is home now and doing well! He will definitely need time to adjust, but my guess is that he will begin to love having a home!

Was he able to eat the canned food okay? Did he eat much?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He hasn't eaten anything yet. I left him in the room with the cage door open but the door shut. Mayne I should close the cage? I thought about letting him in my room but I want a combo test first before I let him everywhere. Seriously doubt he has anything bcz nobody else ever does though. They acted like he was fine there so surely he was eating right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you get the Gerber?

His gums may still be sore, so you may want to make sure the food is mushy like gruel.

I hope he will come out to explore and eat during the night when the house is quiet.

Is he in a room by himself for now?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They said he can eat hard food! I left hard and canned just for him and he's in the dogs room alone. He's got the cage bit it's open. I think he's just scared. Ididnt change anything while he was gone so maybe it would smell like him still but idk if it helped. He's got it all if he gets hungry I'm sure he can eat it. I didn't get the get her cause they acted like he was fine. It's pate so no need to chew, and he has his front teeth. If he doesn't eat by the morning I'll get the baby food for sure. If he doesn't eat by later when I give his meds I'll mix it with warm water to make it mushy.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Omg, any ideas how to get Merlin to leave Mr Mooney alone? I've tried water bottle, scooting him with a broom, pushing him the other direction (thank goodness for hardwood floors), locking them away from each other is fine but as soon as Merlin is out he finds him and starts stalking him like a freak. He doesn't always attack and it's never like a terrible confrontation but Mooney screams and it's terrible and he's done nothing. I'm soo sick of Merlin and he's always the nice loving playful one except to mr Mooney

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
O yes, I named her in the car on the way home. She's kitty catniss kitterdeen lol. Or just catniss. She comes when I call her which is great cause only mama kitty really does that here (Merlin and bob do but they r selective).

I have never heard of a vet that took such terrible care of a kitty. I mean it is one thing to take care of her with loss of control, but giving her a bath in a bit of dawn and shaving her butt they could have done at least! I am staying away from them and just telling them when I call that I found somewhere else so what do i per
Sounds like they need a negative review on yelp.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
The new guy is home now. Pretty scared but not mean. Acts a lot like Mr Mooney. He's all up to date on shots and such, and seems alright. They said he should be able to eat dry food even if he didn't have any teeth but I gave him canned for at least today anyway. Figure I'll see what he can eat after a few days and decide then. I took some new pics of him, 1 showing how skinny he is, and I'm not squeezing at all so he's really a little smaller than the pic.

I'm starting Lucy tonight on clavomox and if she's not stopped coughing like that in a few days I'll take her to the vet. Hopefully that works though cause I'm vet billed out for sure! He got antibiotics to take home and they almost forgot his combo shot but I made sure we got that. The vet who checked us out wasn't the same one from going in and he seemed surprised I did all that for a kitty I never met cause I asked if he was being nice while there and told him I needed to know cause we just met. I think he will be jist fine once he gets more use to being in the house and having the dogs and other cats around making a ruckus. He said it's hard to tell for sure but he thinks he's probably around 12 years old. He's got probably 10 left in him hopefully.

View attachment 219744 View attachment 219745 View attachment 219746
I'm so glad you are saving this grand old fellow.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 wow u did a lot of reading! Well, I don't really know anything about yelp, but I did put a negative review of the vet on google about the vet where katniss came from. At first I didn't want to cause technically I still owe them the $75 however after the last time I spoke to them and asked what for cause of the worms and such she had I never did hear back.

Sammy the blind cat I'm not really sure what happened bcz the place is only open a few hrs 1 day a week and the lady wasn't going to adopt her to me for unknown reason. I've thought about calling the authorities on that bit I want to be sure she's still there in those conditions first. I May send a family member who lives an hr away down there to see and try an adopt her for me eventually. She hasn't been forgotten, just my hands are kinda tied especially being well over the animal limit for the city.

And last but certainly not least, the old man... he's a trip. Here's his update I was going to post today anyway...
Can cats get Alzheimer's? I don't mean this in any mean way but I honestly feel like he forgets what's happening sometimes. He was all relaxed eating with me petting him then a small pause follow by an omg who r u hiss... I mean he seems pretty harmless and I know he's scared and all but it just seemed weird. He's not eating any dry food really. He ate a small amount while I was gone yesterday bcz I ran out of canned but I believe he's an only canned kind of guy. O, do need to know about some kind of flaky scab stuff on his back. He likes it it seems when I rub it. Idk what it is but it had to have been there at the vet. With the teeth I doubt anyone paid much attention though.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You went over his 'limit' on stroking. Some cats,especially when they are nervous, have a stimulation limit and only accept so many strokes before hissing or scratching. No big deal, just learn his limit! there are several healing creams for his back at farm supply stores, they do a great job on something like that. It's most likely a healing scrape. They aren't too expensive either, just make sure they are for cats.
You will be blessed for caring for him!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could also just be dry skin. One of my cats gets flaky, dandruff-type flakes when I brush her.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 wow u did a lot of reading! Well, I don't really know anything about yelp, but I did put a negative review of the vet on google about the vet where katniss came from. At first I didn't want to cause technically I still owe them the $75 however after the last time I spoke to them and asked what for cause of the worms and such she had I never did hear back.

Sammy the blind cat I'm not really sure what happened bcz the place is only open a few hrs 1 day a week and the lady wasn't going to adopt her to me for unknown reason. I've thought about calling the authorities on that bit I want to be sure she's still there in those conditions first. I May send a family member who lives an hr away down there to see and try an adopt her for me eventually. She hasn't been forgotten, just my hands are kinda tied especially being well over the animal limit for the city.

And last but certainly not least, the old man... he's a trip. Here's his update I was going to post today anyway...
Can cats get Alzheimer's? I don't mean this in any mean way but I honestly feel like he forgets what's happening sometimes. He was all relaxed eating with me petting him then a small pause follow by an omg who r u hiss... I mean he seems pretty harmless and I know he's scared and all but it just seemed weird. He's not eating any dry food really. He ate a small amount while I was gone yesterday bcz I ran out of canned but I believe he's an only canned kind of guy. O, do need to know about some kind of flaky scab stuff on his back. He likes it it seems when I rub it. Idk what it is but it had to have been there at the vet. With the teeth I doubt anyone paid much attention though.
How is it going?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, so as u know I take care of every feline in the Missouri area lol. Well family trapped 2 cats that I now have and I've got a totally off the wall question... can a cat have both long and short hair!? So Mr Garfield as we will call him for the moment came with a giant gash on his neck, and he's an orange tabby in spots that was short haired, others it was flowing long orange hair. Due to matting in spots and the fact he was covered in urine he's now been shaved but it's like he has 2 coats. Is that possible? He's very tame along with his I assume brother who is a short haired dark colored tabby. These two love all over each other and were unaltered males one having the neck issue, the other an eye that looked like it may have gotten scratched but has now healed. So am I crazy or is it possible? O, pappy meow meow (old half blind guy) lives under my bed and still won't let me pet him unless he's eating. He does meow at me now when he is hungry so I guess that's progress. Yes, that's now his name lol, and it's mouw mouw I suppose like giddy up mm pappy mouw mouw, that's how he got the name haha.

Can anyone help me with how to start an adoption place of my own, or if I ca ask for donations without being a non profit? If I could move to the country I would really just keep them but we don't have the room and it's getting to be a lot of expense and cleaning time. How do I become a non profit or should I being I'm way over the city pet limit? Needing some options and an avenue to adopt them myself.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it's a breed thing or not, but one of our fosters has almost a vest of short hair and is long and fluffy everywhere else, so it's totally possible.

I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but I have started making and selling crafts at little local shows. It's not going to make me a millionaire, but it partially funds the foster. I can give you some ideas for very inexpensive options if you would like. I have steered clear of actual donations, but have made a wish list of sorts on Amazon, so people can gift things like litter, food and toys. That might be a good option as well. We have a small Instagram following and it gives me a place to brag about the kitties. If you take a lot of pictures this can be a good option as well. Hope this helps!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm interested in any ideas. Being I'm not a real rescue I don't expect much but sometimes an extra hundred would ice the vet care cake. I need a bigger space for us eventually but at the moment it's not possible. I'm not very crafty but I'm trying to start making natural soap so I thought about that but I'm lost on all of it. What do I sell and where even? Can I do a little booth outside a store even? Someone said just put a jar up at a gas station asking for donations for the spay and neuter cost I don' think that's really legal?