Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone donated some diapers to both the babies yay! Couldn't have come at a a better time cause we really needed them since katniss can't wear disposables anymore. I'll attach some pics.

Bob is HUGE now from when he was a baby. I mean he's not a big cat but I was looking at him and I can't believe he is all grown up.

Katniss is still a brat but the bigger diapers have helped the rash and her being able to go while she's got it on so I don't have to let her poo all over the house anymore.

Mr Duckworth is making friends with everyone lol. He's become quite the social butterfly!

Merlin thinks that Mr Mooney is in an inmate and he is the prison guard. Follows him everywhere and makes noises at him sometimes. I started spraying Merlin with water when I see it. Seems to have helped a little.

The girls (Lucy and ethel) are doing great. They are friends with everyone even katniss and bob who rarely like anyone.

Everyone else is doing wonderful. Edna decided she loves me and wants to cuddle and love yay!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I need an opinion. I trapped another kitty. This one is ear tipped and friendly enough (pretty scared but definitely not feral). I can tell it is blind in 1 eye (non reactive pupil, no reaction at all to movement on that side). Seems pretty boney but not like bear death. Going to put on some flea meds and try and give some strongid by morning.

Question is should I treat this as I would any of the others or just give meds and release? I assume it's from that one day house but not sure and there's a fence around so I have to open it to go to the door. If it's the one I've seen there on the porch it's not an indoor baby. Little worried as to what happens with a half blind kitty who is outside all the time. Kitty had to have crossed the road to get here. Once again wasn't the one I was going for either. What should I do? Keep feeding, give some tapeworm dewormer and send it back out or what?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I just thought I had better tag this to u bcz I haven't been getting any update emails in the past month. Please read the message above and tell me what u think I should do about half blind kitty. O, no puss or real leakage and is currently in a cage in the dogs room as always at least for the night.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would keep her for a few days. Getting rid of fleas and worms is beneficial, and it sounds like the cat could use a few good meals. Is it a male or female?

The tipped ear indicates TNR, so this cat may be making it on its own now. Is there anyone you can ask if it belongs to?

Let's see how the cat does for a few days first and decide.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it might belong to that cat guy (where i suspect they are all coming from anyway). If it is the one I have seen it is always outside, which would be how it just got here. That's the place with the fence around it and going in is usually not a good idea around here. If they are all his adults I would like him to know they are all ok, but unless I happen to see him it's kinda impossible. Maybe I could send a letter I guess? Not sure how that would work exactly, and I don't really want that much info of mine in a strangers hands ya know? I feel like he's trying but just isn't happening u know. I like indoor kitties myself, and especially that are free of stuff and taken care of even if they r outside. Poor scared kitty we had a trap mishap so I had to chase (let's say her for now, no idea for sure yet) around the laundry room to catch her (thank God she's not feral!). Got her back into the trap and finally in the real cage with all the stuff. She was NOT a happy camper last night but at least she's safe and sound now. I'm positive on her being blind in the right eye and not in the left. It's odd, looks like her pupil I guess it is sits like and inch into her actual eyeball (that probably made no sense) but her eye is there where it should be and completely intact. She finally curled up in the cat bed I put in there and let me pet her this morning (she's scared doing that smash to the ground thing). I put some advantage multi on her and hopefully I can get some strongid in her and check to see about gender later. Tapeworm meds... I can't by chance give sentinel dog for a cat can i? I have some for dakini that's up to to lbs, I heard comfortis u can interchange and revolution but never heard about that. If not can I buy some meds for it that are liquid without a vet? I still owe from the $140 visit for Mr Mooney and they charge whenever I bring in my rescue (I don't get that, cause usually they don't when I bring mine in).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would not use dog meds on her. See if you can get the Bayer tapeworm tablets, which are available online and in pet stores. They are generic Drontal.

So glad you have her in the cage now!

I would not share personal info with that guy.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, think I might just drive by a few times and if I see him stop and tell him, if not then I guess it just goes on cl as usual. The pills, really not sure if I can get those in her without getting eaten. Suggestions? Can they be crushed?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably could be crushed, but they may be bitter. If you have ivermectin, try that first.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So the kitty is a girl I'm pretty sure (been a few months since I sexed one lol). She has a very odd smell... not really sure what it is either. I almost want to say like death like people get (I worked in a nursing home as a cna for quite a few years). I got her to eat some more wet food (not much) and all of a sudden she freaked like something was stuck in her mouth maybe and she ran to the back of the cage the same way. I am wondering if she doesn't have a rotten tooth in there. Ugh, just what I need, a half blind kitty with bad teeth who will likely need to have diabetes ruled out with those two things happening. Tooth sound like a good possibility with the smell and the freak out weirdness?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! Can you get her on clavamox? It sounds like infection around a bad tooth, which will need pulling soon. But antibiotics will be needed regardless, and will help her out for now. She is probably in pain. :(

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I finally checked this morning on the teeth and what's left in there that I can see is VERY INFECTED! I will be taking him or her to a vet today, hopefully find one that will take a payment plan cause this is going to be costly I'm sure. The infection has likely cause all the other things including the eye since it is all on the same side. I will be starting her on clavomox as soon as I get home with some I have left depending on the vet situation. Prayers for this baby cause she's not ate or drank much since the pate in the trap (full can gone) and I tiny bit yesterday and no potty. Really hoping to find a vet if not we will be driving an hr to the cheap one in st joe

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let us know what happens! She at least needs antibiotics. As soon as they kick in she will hopefully start eating again. Poor kitty!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, well here's the scoop. Apparently she is a he, definitely blind in the 1 eye, teeth looked really really bad, she's at the vet getting them pulled and hopefully comes home tomorrow with her shots, dewormed, and finally able to eat. She did manage to get the rest of the pouch down so she had a single porch in 2 days. I got them to let me pay up what I owe and hold a check for this one til payday. He is either pretty old, or has been very malnourished for a very long time (or both).
20180219_155305.jpg
20180219_155231.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just realized I said she still lol, he, he! Ugh, he needs a name now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did they start him on antibiotics? Let us know how he is when you pick him up later.

He is blessed to have walked into your trap as his health was deteriorating rapidly.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I called this morning like they said and apparently they removed 11 teeth! Poor guy, I don't even know if I saw 11 in there! Either way they said his mouth was sore so he would be staying tonight and I cam pick him up tomorrow. It's going to cost between 150 and 175 I guess, and hopefullythats with his shots and deworming like I had asked and whatever antibiotics they have him on. I like this vet cause they always give shots of vitamins and such to them and it seems to decrease the recovery time a LOT. Luckily it is payday tomorrow cause I'm going to have to go to the bulk store and buy canned food for him since I've only got a couple. Hopefully he's all good after this. I started a fundraiser for him on fb, hopefully someone donated anything as I was NOT ready for this. He did make it here at the right time though cause he was sure not making it much longer if he didn't. I'm figuring he's pretty old considering his teeth, and he's had a pretty hard life up until now so it's worth giving him whatever time he has left to enjoy here. Feel so bad for him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Eleven teeth!! My word!! Poor guy will be gumming his food for sure.

I hope they can give you pain meds for him for a couple of days. His mouth must be really sore!

This gives you a day to get paid and run to the store.

You might want to pick up a few jars of Gerber turkey baby food for him. It might be easier for him to lap up his food while he's healing.

What is the link to your fundraiser?

You are truly doing right by him!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O good idea on the baby food. Have to get some tomorrow and I'm sure he will love that. I wonder if he has any left! Idk how many they start with,but I don't member him having 11!

That's the link to the donations on his medical. I hope i did that riggt, I'm not very savvy to this. It took a day to publish and when it did I tried to update and apparently it takes another day. I've never tries one before, heck only had fb for just a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: