Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, so every time I think I figure out who to keep and who not something else changes. I think all 4 is to many for my house once they are all grown so I was going to narrow it down. Well the rescue lady called and said if I didn't get a home for callie that someone who has previously adopted from her before was wanting to meet her to adopt. That's the girl I really wanted to keep, but should I let her go since I know she has a home waiting? Surely it isn't a ploy cause I said I might keep her.. idk what to do. If i had a bigger house or lived in the country I would just keep them for sure but idk how well 12 cats will get along in here. Meesie stays cause I would kick myself for letting her go (I still fear she will go blind bcz of the red tint in her eyes). Should I keep callie or let her go? I'll deal with the others once I decide.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you really want to keep Callie, then keep her. She's no longer available. Those folks missed their chance!

The rest will fall into place over time!

Merry Christmas! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
15143105281641233154011.jpg
should I name her Caroline or Lucy? Isn't she adorable!
15143106438151854687225.jpg
kitty katniss katerdeen... such a cutie!
1514310731785261893342.jpg
that's dozer with meesie and tab. Look how huge he got! He's almost a year old now! It's been about a year since I started this thread for moo moo. Boy, time sure flew by and my boys are all grown up!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I like Caroline, but your choice, of course!

IMG_1591.JPG

She looks a little like my girl, Prissy, pictured above on the couch relaxing with her mommy. Prissy is the cat in front with her paw resting on her mom's front leg.

Boy, time really does fly! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O they are adorable! She does look a lot like her!I just told her that the 2 got adopted, and daddy cat so they are all mine now! I'm excited about It! She said there were lots of requests for them so hopefully the other 2 will get a home!

I caught Merlin and ducky playing! :yess: I knew they would eventually, and that's exactly y I took duck!

Do u put collars on your cats? I decided to, but Merlin was allergic to his so I got a leather one for him. I am terrified they will get out and nobody will scan them if they don't have collars.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oic, I have mama and moo who think they want to, other than that no takers. Merlin looks but never ever leaves. He came from out there though so I think he's greatful to be here!

I don't believe I told u it's final that the 2 girls are mine now and I decided to name them Lucy and Ethel (I love Lucy of coarse!) They will officially be the first calico (or is she a tabby calico) and Ethel the first Siamese I personally have ever owned. I love all cats and colors, their mom is my first blue I've had (this is stupid but I irrationally thought all of them were outside cats, I know, how strange!). I love ms Edna, she rarely makes n appearance outside of her spot on the cat tree but when she does it is super special! Oddly enough I have owed 2 polydactyl cats in my life, 1 was a giant mitten kitten who lived merely a year from when I got him from the shelter (he was old, and it was a kill shelter) and the other lived for what I believe would end up being like 23 years (she was supposed to be 10 when I got her and her tail had been cut off bcz of a door accident). Man, I've had quite the array of animals, and I never love any of them any less. Funny how that works!

Tab has a hold on him to be adopted (I'm so nervous and excited for him, I may ask if I can stay to meet the people who adopt him). I hope they want tux too, then I will feel better. If not, I'll take him til he's a bit older and then just pay the 55 when his price drops. They wanted supposedly 110 for Lucy and first she said 145 then 115 for Ethel. I told her I would pay part of it but I can't afford a lot right now so it can wait.

Mr Mooney (the black and white) got neutered and has been using his box. Still smells of urine a bit but I can't bathe him for awhile. I hope he can be adopted eventually but right now he's just here learning. I need to get a pic of him as he's very good looking but afraid like he has been hit before (Poor guy). I think I'm officially the crazy cat lady with my permanent 9 and prolly ducky. O well, have to be something!

O, so about duck... He's NOT incontinent! He's just fat or at least huge and can't get it all done himself. I shaved everything up real nice and 0 problems! Whoop whoop! So the question is, do i tell them if they don't ask? I kinda adore the giant brat lol and I'm afraid they will want him to go to the petsmart or petco whichever to be adopted. I do NOT like that idea! Maybe we will just lay low and hope nothing is ever said. He isn't through the same place as the kittens r, and they r so much less stuck up! I hate to make 9 10, but Lord knows I will!

Everyone is great here! Bob is almost 1! I can't believe he made it! I'm sure u were about to rip your hair out too over all his stuff and my freaking out.... I still do even if I think he's sick, but he's my miracle baby and I worry. I hope everyone here lives to ripe old ages bcz if not it will be one seriously messed up year or 2 cause everyone here (including the dogs) is 3.5 and under (the weiner dog being oldest).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is all so awesome! So you are not keeping the mama of the kittens?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the mama is Edna. I was originally going to send her with my dad person but that's who daddy cat ended up going to. She stays cause I feel like she chose me. She's the one who rarely comes out of her spot on the cat tree

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe ducky has no sense of cat manners. He followed mama kitty and then when she saw him swatted and yelled at him and jumped on something. He followed her and was sniffing her to which she turned around and did the same thing. I called him and picked him up and took him with me. Luckily for him she's pretty nice and mellow. Is there a way to teach him? Does he know and just not care? He gets along with the kittens well, and the only time I've seen him hiss was bcz he was hissed at first so I don' believe he's being mean at all.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like he is just trying to make friends. Give it time and I'm sure they will all adjust to each other.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took the boys and tab had a split in his lip I guess u could call it like where his nose comes down. It almost looked like he had cracked his lip from being dry. Anyway the lady said both the boys got adopted together and they would stay with her for a week until tab got his mouth healed. Kinda ticked me off that I didn't get to keep him for the week but as long as they got a home together it's ok I suppose.

So y doesn't Mr Mooney clean himself? He is still gross and he's out and about now. Actually laying on my bed at the moment. He smells like urine still and is just dirty. Idk what to do and I HATE to give him another bath. He's come very far as he uses the litter box and finally stopped acting like I am going to hurt him whenever I go to pet him. He's really very sweet even to all the other kitties. He never fights and is trying to get ducky to love on him even.
20171231_135629.jpg
that is Mr Mooney.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So glad the boys were adopted together! I hope you get an update on Tabby's lip.

It sounds like Mr. Mooney needs another bath to get clean.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If i give him another bath do u think that will set him back? I don't want him to get upset and not come out again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, can you prepare a sink full of warm water and gently immerse him? Have the Dawn soap ready, and a way to rinse with warm water ready, without getting it in his face? A big towel to wrap him in nearby?

The less stressful the experience, the less inclined he will be to hide. He is also more familiar with you now.

It sounds like he really needs to get clean. Now that he is using the litter box, he should stay clean after this bath.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe u r right. I'll do it in the next couple days when the floors are warmer from the negative temps here the hardwood is terribly cool.

Ducky's shelter got picked for the fundraiser money off here that I suggested! Yay! :yess:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mr Mooney just spent 5 minutes cleaning m hand then a couple on himself and back and forth. At this rate he might get cleaned by next Christmas and my hand will have a hole in it! At least he's progressing though! O, he just jumped on the dresser and is cleaning himself! Yes! So exciting! He's very handsome if he would just get all clean and not be so scared (then again after Festus I completely get that). He not only looks like moo moo by he acts like her as well. Very forceful with the giving me a bath lol, grabs my hand and gently bites it letting me know that' what' happening. Moo does the same thing when she wants love or to play. So muh progress from pooping where he stood and peeing all over his cage. He has free roam of the house and though he still hides out he's using the litter boxes and eating his food with everyone else.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just finished reading this whole thread and @krisrath11you are amazing for taking such good care of these sweet kitties :)

Also, I read in previous posts that you were afraid of Ethel going blind because of the red tinge in her eye.

Don't worry, she is a point (the point coat pattern is the pattern most people associate with Siamese cats, all Siamese cats are points but not all points are Siamese).

The point pattern is actually a modified version of albinism in cats. It is temperature-dependent. All pointed kittens are born white (since they are kept very warm inside mama's tummy) and slowly develop color on the colder "points" of their body (face, ears, paws, and tail) while the warmer areas of their body stay a light cream color.

The red tinge you see in her eyes has to do with the fact that pointed cats have partial albinism. Pointed cats have blue eyes which means light bouncing off of their tapetum will make their pupils reflect red. Non blue-eyed cats' eyes will reflect green.

Pointed cat's eyes when light is reflected off of them:
ee.jpg
when light is reflected off of a yellow eyed cat's eyes:
20180103_084929.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
raina21 raina21 that's very informative and amazing really! I didn' know they were all born white, very neat. I'm relieved to hear she won't go blind as well. Thanks u for the props but some days I think they take care of me lol.