Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think she may need a round of antibiotics.

I have to wonder if she might even have a UTI from all that diarrhea. Bacteria could get in her urethra from it.

Was she peeing well on her own when you first brought her home?

I also think the diarrhea needs treating. Even an anti-diarrheal may help.

Can you talk to a vet about this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's still on that clavomox from the neck. I could try and take her again to the one who did the fecal test last time but they may just want to do one of those again beforehand. I had a ua done on her at my good vet and they said other than the blood cells (from squeezing her) everything was good, and it is slightly lighter in color than then.

When I got her the lady claimed she went on her own sometimes in her cage and that she could get her to per a full stream and empty herself. I have yet to see that. She does per some on her own, and I believe today she may have went a lot while I was at work.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I forgot she is already on clavamox.

The good vet may be able to show you how to help empty her bladder.

Maybe try putting probiotic powder in her wet food. It may help the bacteria in her gut and colon.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like that Purina packet stuff? I can't find any probiotics around here that isn't in a chewable treat and no one will eat those except dozer who is the last one to need it lol. My mom ordered some paste stuff I might be able to order some of that. The vet I would take h3r to is prolly not going to take the time to show me how to make her pee. I hate to say it but since they r a high volume low cost, and the guy we saw before is out of town it is highly unlikely. I have a better chance with the guy but still not a good one. These r the ppl who act like I shouldn't keep her alive. I would call my vet but I have no money to spend 45 on her to go there now. Her being in and out of getting things done and needing diapers is a killer right now. I bought some of those Idk I think ppl use them for makeup or something, like cotton pads. Idk how to describe them other than that and they r round. Figures they r soft and clean and most of all disposable

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand. Probiotics are at grocery stores, pharmacies, and Walmart.

They come in capsules. You open the capsule and put the powder in her food.

Look in the area of indigestion product shelves.

I know the little cotton makeup pads that you are using. Those are soft!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
R u meaning just human probiotics then? Around here they just sell the chewable and only at petco, and a bunch of other hairball and stuff like that for animals. I've tried Wal-Mart, petco petsmart and tractor supply and came up with the one treats they all hated. I got the ones bob had from the vet in Savannah an hr away. If the human ones r ok, what kind do I buy, or does it matter?

Catniss is so contrary (guess the name fits her well). She hates going potty, hates getting diapered (I don't blame her for either of those lol, only wants love when she wants, she only seems to want to do the opposite of what I need or want her to do lol. She's quite a feat sometimes. She's lucky she's adorable haha who am I kidding I would put up with her even if she wasn't! She won't hold still long enough for me to make her potty, and I wish I could video me making her pee, she stomps her back legs and it's like a little kid throwing a fit. If i weren't needing her to not go all down her leg it would be really funny

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I mean human probiotics. They are essentially the same as ones made for pets. Just get ones for people in the capsule form and use those. I've always used people probiotics.

I know you are frustrated with the pee and poop situation. I don't think there are any easy solutions. That's why these special cats get euthanized, unfortunately. :(

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I will go get her some today. I think she will even out eventually like bob. He's got really hard poop right now though which is still not the best, but he hardly is leaking anymore. I will give her a full capsule worth then right?

With her it is like her poop goes from goop to formed back to goop. It's strange how it goes back and forth and in a day

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is strange!

I agree she will even out over time.

Yes, put the powder from one capsule in her wet food once a day for now. Let's see if it helps!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
R these ok? If so I'm going to get them.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got the ones in the blue pkg and gave 1 to each of the diaper babies. There r a hundred in the box so they should last awhile.

Catniss had hard poo in her diaper this morning... She's so strange lol. I can't keep up with this back and forth with her lol.
I found a bunch of good stuff for them at this idk what u call it, like a closeout store I suppose. Got 4 more packs of the good diapers and some size 1 for when we switch, some of the same stuff my vet gave me for the water that's supposed to help with their teeth, hairball goop (I hear it helps if they get backed up) wipes, actual cat plates for everyone, the probiotics, and a few things for my little brat dog. It was a really good trip I would say! They even got some toys. I got a lifting seat that is for my weiner and the cats when we go out. Maybe they will all sit still now! Yeah right lol.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All is well around here I would say. The boys went back to my brothers finally (I think catniss and dozer miss them). Bob went when we took them home and was fine until they all got into the house and then he tried to beat the brothers up! Why is that?! It was crazy, but luckily he's harmless to ppl so I just grabbed him up and separated them. It was actually the first time he ever slapped a kitty and meant it.

Catniss has been blowing diapers off and then I get to pick up poop pellets and wee wee leg when I get home. Such a brat. She is freaking adorable though and quite an independent and stubborn little lady. Dozer still thinks the tub is his personal litter box (I learned to just deal with it I suppose) and still humps and happy feets sugar any chance he gets. Uncle Merlin is great with all the kitties, I even caught moo playing with him and that's something. She is the most playful of all of them with the exception of catniss.

So I was reading the heartworm pills as I gave them to the dogs today, all that is is ivermectin and pyrantal. Can I give the cats ivermectin and strongid every month with a flea med that is less expensive and take care of heartworm and such? Looking into it for the dogs as well bcz I sure won't waste money on all that stuff i have been if I can do the whole house with those and something like comfortis and be done with it. If it is safe, what kind should I get (sheep, horse, pig, cow)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you can. You'd need to ask someone at the tractor supply which one to get. You need to be able to easily adjust the dosage to cat size.

At least it's easy to clean up in the tub!

Bob and Catniss sound like they are full of it! ;)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O bob and catniss most certainly are! They go to my mom's with me sometimes and she likes to just stare at them bcz they do funny things. She's secretly falling in love with the diaper babies! I love all my kitties but I think in 30 years (yeah I have high hopes for my babies) when they r all gone I think I'm going to stick with the crazy diapered ones so I'll have no kitty box!

I have been wanting to take dozer on an outing so I believe I'll take him into tractor supply with me today and ask. Most of the time it's young kids and I live in the city so they have no idea about much of anything lol. I read on here in a search u can use the injectable for pigs to get rid of ear mites! The cheaper we can make things the better!

That's what I figure about the tub. It smells bad but at least the tub always is cleaned before I get in lol. Dozer is a big jerk for sure but I love him and that's all that matters... Most days anyway lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask for a manager or owner when you go to tractor supply. They will have more knowledge.

Injectable what for ear mites in pigs?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Idk what it is used for in the pig, but it is an injectable liquid made for pigs. Ppl dilute it and use it for ear mites in dogs and cats. They use it as a topical like we would revolution every month (I also believe that is how they use it for heartworm as well). I may have a family member ask a vet where I'm from. Typically the ones in the country don't mind giving info whereas up here they all want to make their dime.
Manager, great idea!

O, I shaved catniss's neck yesterday. The scabs and such hadn't gone away so I wanted to make sure she was ok under all that fur. Seems alright so I put some bag balm on it to hopefully get the spots all cleared up. I'll take a pic later, she looks funny, but from some angles u really can't tell at all. Figured a funny hair do is better than not knowing something's really wrong under there.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dog sugar (the one dozer humps)went missing this morning. Somehow she got all tangled with papa when I let them out and unhooked herself. I've been out looking since like 10 am. I'm beside myself and only one person all day said they saw her and they said that was at like 1130, an hr before I talked to them. I'm terrified someone bad will find her and keep her as she is a pit bull.