Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask a tractor supply worker. The lowest dose one really. It should all be pyrantel pamoate. I'll check the kitten dose for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got horse. I read a pea sized amount as it is a paste... that sound correct?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, pea-sized. I was just going to ask if it was liquid or paste or tablets.

How much does she weigh? It's 1mL per 5 pounds. So pea-sized sounds right. Then dose her again in 10 days. It's mild, so there should be no side effects.

Let me know how this goes. If she's full of worms, more will come out soon. Yuck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, thank goodness she hasn't been more sick from the worms. When they get in the lungs it can be fatal.

This is probably the cause of her explosive diarrhea! Her poops should get more normal soon. Bless her heart.

Those people should be ashamed. So glad that you saved her!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She weighs 4 lbs. I think I am calling on Monday and telling them she's gone. Surely they won't still try and make me pay for her right? She hated the dewormer but I got it in her either way. Thank u soooo much! Idk what I would do without u. I'm going to give everyone some tonight just in case since it won't hurt anyone

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So 1mL would be fine. It's no fun getting it in them. They will all benefit.

I wouldn't blame you at all for telling them she's gone. They should not charge you a dime. I would think they would not even care.

Let me know what happens. I'm on your side!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I squeezed like twice what I thought each needed and just gooped it in the side of their mouths. I figured they would end up with what was about right between what was on my finger and what they flung. Just so happens that the 2 other babies r here as of yesterday (brother went on vacation again) so they got it too. Quite a house full around here! She has had 2 loose poopy diapers since we got home from the shot. How long will it take before I see worms come out again? So nasty and creepy! O, I hand wash her and Bob's diapers and pads every night, they won't come back bcz of that will they? I try and clean them really well. Ugh, at least she isn't infecting them all! I would also the ink they wouldn't care, my luck they will want the body!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The body is already disposed of. ;)

The worms will not come back from the diapers.

If any of them have worms, they will come begin to come out in the next few poops.

Good you treated all of them! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, sounds like a plan. Is there an easier way to get them to eat it? Or is it kinda a whatever u can get in them? I know catniss is going to need it again at least once and that was a pain

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You could try mixing it with her wet food.

I've been through this with horse paste panacur. I try to put it as far back in the mouth as possible.

Just do the best you can!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Help I am so grossed out and worried! I am 90% positive there was a worm sticking out of catniss's butt and when I tries to pull on it it went back in! Aren't they supposed to be dead?! What is going on!? Aaaaahhhhhhh

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It can take a few days. Continue giving the paste. Those worms need to come out!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Should I give her more today or wait two weeks

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, will do at diaper change here in a minute.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So i have her more and just stuck the tip of the thing in her mouth and have it a squeeze do I know she got enough now. So if I see that happen again then it's ok to just give her another one? I don't want to hurt her by giving her to much.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have not seen any worms but I have seen lots and lots of poop! She keeps exploding! Yikes, poor baby. Luckily for me I put her in disposables while I have been at work cause boy she was a wreck when i got home. I was given a diaper genie I was going to buy from someone today for them (bless that lady's heart!). I also went and got a really good deal on buggies diapers (much softer than the cheap ones I was buying and the closeout store has them where I get 8 more for the same price as the dollar General brand ones. Yay! Question of the day.... what should I use to stimulate her (both bowel and bladder) and I think the lady either lied about her going a full stream on her own or I am doing something really really wrong. Any suggestions?

I am also looking into getting a chqng8ng table as my knees and back aren't going to give me 20 years of this kneading in the floor 6 times a day... I am thinking of maybe running water to the other bedroom and making that into a little kitty changing area. If i could figure out how to bring a toilet up to my level lol it would be perfect.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Changing table is a good idea!

What do you mean about what to use to stimulate her?

Has she had Albon yet?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, vet didn't give her anything when we went. She's had the unnecessary tapeworm shot and the strongid twice.

I mean like I've been doing a rub her with something to get her to go. Washcloth seemed the best but a bit rough I would say to use everyday. With bob everything is a squeeze and with her she can go if u get her there. I do the rubb and clean and if I give her a bath the drying makes her go. I try and just rub her and pet her after I wipe her and depending on how I hold her or where she is sitting she just keeps going. The urine is another story as I can get her to dribble but I know somehow she might be able to totally release on her own but I can't get her to. I squeeze after I try to get her to go though.