Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oops, hit post. The lady word was supposed to be owe but I got post instead of changing it lol. They r charging me $75 for her "adoption fee" as they claim that's the cheapest they can give her shots and spay her for. The place I am taking her charged 40 for it so idk how they r claiming that's the lowest they could let her go for. I hated that they were charging it but I was taking her even if they said $500. We r staying as far away from them as possible before they really do kill her! She's safe now although we r in a storm right now and everyone is in a tizzy lol

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there a place I can post on this site a link or something to catniss's fancy pants 4 pets wishlist? She really really needs new shells of her own with no holes in them and just more in general. She is quite the mess maker out of them it seems and I can't keep up with her laundry as hers were still not dry this morning (she is wearing a disposable that's to big but still on at the moment, think God I had some left!). Having to go buy puppy pads for her to go on as my bathroom floor was literally covered in poo yesterday but at least she got it out. I need her tummy to calm down right now! O, I habe some pumpkin baby food, will it help even though she has it bcz of a food switch? That just dawned on me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try it and see! I usually use the plain, canned Libby's pumpkin - about a teaspoon.

You can post your link in this thread, and in the SOS forum. How much are the diapers?

I want to recommend this food for her as well:

blue wilderness kitten food - Free Shipping at Chewy.com

She may also need a round of Albon and/or Panacur in case she has parasites or bacterial infection in her intestinal tract. Those cause diarrhea as well.

This could take a week or two to deal with.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The shells she needs r I believe a bit less than 10 a piece plus shipping. I just got Bob's new ones and they cost me $80 which is crazy to me but I guess saves money and the planet in the end. She really needs the shells more as there r 15 inserts in the starter kit. Yeah I posted there and was hoping it was right. I also asked for preemie diaper donations if possible through here. (Idk if that is allowed but figured I would try).

Just so happens that is the exact food I just switched them all to! Figured it was better for bob and now her as well. They get cheap canned food as it helps bob keep a nicer flow going for some reason but I suppose it balances out. (The blue canned was not helping, nor were the high quality foods, so I bought some at tractor supply when I went to get their litter pellets).

Going to give it to her when she wakes back up. I wonder if they dewormed her... She seems plump in the middle. We might have to go to the vet today cause I want to be sure she has a good start. She is on clavomox (?) Idk if that will help or not with anything other than her neck. She has not been scratching the ears either (thank god). I feel like she got the short end of the stick when it came to getting a start in life poor baby. We r lucky I'm home for rain today because we r off now to get another diaper change this morning... So stinky lol

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fancypants4pets.com is the site. She has a wishlist under catniss in the store. She has had problems with it crashing the last couple days though.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I just got a fecal test done on her at one of the cheap vets and they said she is good. Apparently kittens and puppies just overeat and just watch how much she gets. The regular vet I see wasn't there and the nurse lady was a total u know what. When she saw she had a diaper on she gave a look. I hate when ppl judge me for saving them bcz they r different. One day I am going to slap one of them! Anywho, aside from that she had a good visit and was wonderful in the waiting room. They said use mineral oil to clean her ears so I got like a gallon of it at the tractor supply.

The question now is, apparently this mineral oil is made for a laxative, can I use it on the cats when they get stopped up? Obviously catniss needs none at the moment, but when bob isn't going regularly can i use a couple drops to get him going? Seems a better option if it is safe than other things ya know.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can use a few drops in his food to help his constipation. Olive oil does the same job.

Parasites do not always show up in the fecal. Bacterial infection would not show up either.

Give it time and see if her poops get more formed. If not, I still recommend albon and panacur.

I don't like feeling judged either. You would think someone who works at the vet would be the most understanding of all!

It's good you can vent here and let it roll off your back in public.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O most certainly because that's kinda y I didn't blow up and just though wait til I post about this! I have a bad temper sometimes especially when it comes to my babies so I am surprised I didn't lose it on her. I think I am to proud of her and how adorable and well behaved she was to worry much. They r just mad because I don't have to cage my kitty at the vet so everyone gets to see and pet her! Lol.

O goody, then the whole gallon wasn't a waste lol. I haven't cleaned her ears yet as I'm being a sissy since I know she is going to fight me lol. She's calm but not a bob for sure. I've managed to hold my temper on two ppl for catniss today, I'm on a roll!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, also, Some ppl think that bcz they require more care or r more suseptable to sickness (uti) that they deserve to be put out if their misery. Boy r they wrong and they sire haven't met my two then! These two while calm and relaxed out and about play and fight and run at home just like every other kitten in the world.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with you! Sometimes the "special" kitties are the most loving and appreciative of all! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O they r. Well, don't ask bob on a bad day or he will just rant about how mean I am lol. Catniss is still in love with me thus far so she thinks I'm great! They will be the first to follow and trip me though haha

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am soooooooo p'd off right now! So my poor little catniss has tapeworm! She pooped one out this morning apparently and I (in my hurried mornin state) didn't check it and luckily didn't throw it out. I come home and do the usual diaper patrol to find little turd needed a new shell. Her being out (ugh, none clean and dry!) Went to see if the morning shell was usable (if they aren't to bad they can be wiped out and reused with a clean pad). Well, I open up to take out the pad and see a giant worm curled up in it! So gross! Well needless to say I was in a frantic fury to both get a terrible vet, and to get her care. Thank God for vetco! They do the shot for cheap and on Saturday and Sunday. Whew. Another thank God that vet wasn't open or they would've been calling the cops on me! So I am calling on Monday and allowing them the opportunity to explain and to make the money right with me that I have spent on her bcz of things she had when I got her. If not they will for sure be getting turned in for neglecting her medical care right as soon as the adoption if officially final. (Not sure it is as they wanted the money when she got spayed which will not be happening there). I am sooooooo done with them! That is ridiculous! The poor baby could have dies from worms, infection, been deaf from mites, and most likely lied about her being euthanized. They need to be stopped!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The worm sounds more like a round worm than a tape worm if it was really long. Tape worms come out in little segments.

What shot did they give her?

Make sure the adoption is final so you don't lose her.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, just looked to check, da** vet lied to me! I had already paid so she wanted the 33 for the shot I got. I showed her the worm! She asked if I wanted other I said no I would do it after I called the vet bcz she said it could hurt her. Unless the pyrantal (idk of that's exactly right) doesn't work, or didn't get in her then they have lied! She also said it would hurt her if I gave her it again... The vet said strongid was really safe and really couldn't hurt them so y would that? And typically that's what they use! I'm calling petco and making a complaint. I'm getting the paperwork I need for her adoption, and then I'm calling on them. This whole thing of her being infested with things is crap! Why doesn't anyone care that she had all this?! Money makes ppl evil!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand your feelings!

Did they give her pyrantel or strongid today?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neither, they gave her a shot for freaking tape worm after I brought the worm in! I'm beside myself frustrated with all of this! We r going to get dewormer from tractor supply. So, they have strongid for pigs and horses there, I know it is safe to give a dog the pug kind, anyone know if u can give either one to a cat? If so I'll get it and do everyone just in case, if not I'll just get kitty stuff.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was it pyrantel pamoate? Strongid is pyrantel. That's what she needs. If that's what they gave then she'll be okay.

If they gave her just praziquantel, then that will not kill the round worms. It just kills tape worms.

Do you have a receipt that would specify what they gave?

We'll get this figured out. Take a deep breath.

They surely have not taken proper care of her though!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What the vet gave her today was a shot for tapeworms specifically at vetco. I am on my way now to the Tractor Supply to get some roundworm dewormer. The vet office that I got her from claimed they gave her the roundworm dewormer however I find that hard to believe being that they gave it to her before I got her and today she had worms pooped out. I know this is a little odd and Farfetch'd however my mother after being explained the situation about the poor girl says I believe you should just tell them that she died and show them the worms that you have and the receipt from getting her dewormed with tapeworm so that they believe perhaps something actually happened to her and I don't have to worry about paying for a cat that they obviously never did anything to. I see where she is coming from however I just don't want backlash. The strongid they have at the tractor supply for livestock will that work on a cat? If not I'm going to get one of the cat brands I believe crazy cat is what the one is

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Strongid is fine for cats. She just needs a kitten dose. Do you need me to tell you what that is? I can look it up for you.

I am on the side of your mom's way of thinking on this. You are saving this kitten, and it seems like nobody is being honest with you about her care. Why should you pay for nothing, then have to pay again to actually have things done for her?

Last edited:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I think I am good with that. They really can't do much to me if they caught me could they? Then again y would they care?

Yes, I do need to know the kitten dose, and would horse, cow, or pig be the one? I know they say pig for dogs