Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The ingredients might not say nystatin, but any of these will do. They have similar ingredients to nystatin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I read that u might have to rotate kinds, should I get different ones? I just want poor bob to be better as quick as possible

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry, had a disaster after I got back this morning so I forgot to let u know anything. I got some monistat 7 and I got some like hemeroid wipes thinking they might make him feel a little better. I have put it on him twice, maybe 3 times I can't remember and about to again here in a minute. The disposable diapers r a little help since they turn blue when they get wet and I know he has pooped some. Hasn't changed any yet but fingers crossed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I sure hope his bottom gets better. If not, you'll need to see the vet. Keep us posted.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O I will. I left the diaper off to let it dry for the night cause he had some blood when I cleaned him. Poor guy I feel like I literally need to put a cork in it to make him better. His little mad face is what I get anymore cause he knows it's coming.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If he's not better by Monday, I think you need to see the vet. He should not be bleeding. :(

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well his butt is not bleeding anymore. I started using hemeroid wipes and rinsing his butt. I left the diaper off since last night and just clean him whenever I pass him(he always has some runny poop). I really don't know how he has runny poop (just enough to come out and goo him and everything he's around), and little rabbit turds. On a good not 3 times today I've caught him pooping. Luckily I put his diaper in cause he literally just stood on top of me and grunted then bounced off (fresh diaper too ugh). I still have high hopes that we will get to really pooping like a kitty and maybe even pee (not getting to excited lol). He's made lots of progress in the last week so fingers crossed! I am trying a&d on him with a diaper again tonight to see as I think it will stick better. Didn't seem to make him scream when I put it on (thank god). I'm going to call the spca and random shelters around and see if any can help with a cheap vet or something. I can't afford all his visits especially every time he gets diaper rash. Surely someone will help?! Any ideas on places to call or what to ask? We really just need like half price visits or someone to do like an every 5th visit is free (that's really only half a joke). I wish I knew how to get a hold of that vet that's on tv from Colorado that does things really cheap to help animals. I would take bob in a heartbeat just to see what he could do for him and he would make it somewhat affordable if he could help. Hoping someone takes pity and will help Bob's butt tomorrow but I definitely am not counting on it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, you mean Dr. Jeff - the Rocky Mountain vet. I love his show!

Can you ask your vet about a discount since Bob needs help so often?

I take it the Monistat is not doing the trick, so he needs an antibiotic or other cream from the vet for possible bacterial infection.

I think you should ask about Metronidazole for his runny poop. He should not have runs and tiny rabbit-like poop.

I still hope some of this will straighten out too. Keep the faith!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we drove over an hr to go to Angel vet today. It cost me $83 for everything. He got a fecal test which was fine, got 2 xrays (I'll put them at the bottom) and some cream for his butt. Well worth out drive. He has a really messed up spine (not that I didn't already know that) but now it is official. They said high fiber is good and keep up everything and he should be fine. In the midst of my overwhelming rage between calls to every place I could think of, I happened upon an angel of my own. I sent an email to a cat rescue that is here and the lady called back tonight. She is going to pay for bob to be seen by a vet that won't make me come in every time there is something wrong and I just need some med or something simple and will work with me on things. She is sending the info of two over for me that she works with. She also wants to find out if bob can be fixed and what it would cost. It certainly is worth a shot! Little bob did great as always and everyone adored him (what's not to love). He's got the cream on his butt (it's like silvadine cream for people can't remember off hand without going to look). Either way I know it's some pretty good stuff and hopefully he will be all cleared up very very soon. There really are some people who still care out there I guess, and we found some today!
20170626_173342.jpg
20170626_173342.jpg
20170626_172033.jpg
20170626_120921.jpg
20170626_143623.jpg
20170626_143623.jpg
20170626_173331.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awe, how wonderful. Right now I'm happy that Bob's bottom is getting well.

It's so nice to find help! Kind people are so special.

Do not rush into any surgery yet. Take it one step at a time.

Bob is the sweetest baby! And you are such a great mom! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well thank u. He's so funny in the car bcz he's all loving and vibrating around. It's adorable. He's still not happy with anything about his butt, or getting on his diaper. Hopefully it gets better soon cause I hate it when. He screams and gets all mad.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I completely understand, but I know Bob doesn't really comprehend why he needs a diaper. If I were Bob I would probably feel the same way! ;)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His butt is almost healed! So so excited! Still hates the diaper but he will just have to deal with it. I left the diaper off (paying for that now) and used his cream before that and put it and the diaper back on today when I left.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's awesome! What is the cream that is clearing up his rash?

I know Bob feels better without his bottom being sore. :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cream is like silvadine cream for people. I can't remember the name off hand exactly. It's working very well. He's still wearing disposable diapers which idk if it's helping at all or not but he will be wearing them until I run out and I bought 2 packages. I almost think he's going to have to go up to a size 1 here soon bcz they r seeming like they might be getting a little small. He is almost 6 pounds now! Getting to be quite the big boy. He hasn't been pooping nearly as much as I would like, so he still has to be squeezed a bit for that bit I try and rarely do it to hopefully help him keep it going on his own.

Moo moo has become a lap cat but only when I sit in a certain chair. She is certainly a strange one sometimes lol. She's very much an only on her time cat. She does like to play a lot here recently and even with me which is funny and cute. Her and mama still don't get along but they have learned to not be so mean.

Mama kitty is apparently the most sought after cat in the house. Merlin is always attacking her in a playful way, and so do the kittens and the dogs lol. She used to play with papa more until he got older, ketchup tries to play with her every time he sees her lol. She gets it from everyone and I think it is nvz she is so calm. I almost feel bad except nobody is being mean but it annoys her.

Dozer I think was lucky I was awake last night. He was in his humpy mood and he went over and was laying on papa doing it. Papa was giving him the warning growl and I heard him. Granted he's never hurt anyone before but he also hasn't has a humping clawing kitten on him either. I took him off and put him on the floor only to find him on top of sugar moments later. The little guy is quite the brat, and I would say he gets more loving than anyone. He is so cute but he makes me crazy! He knocked the shower curtain down on him yesterday, and I left the tub plugged with water in there and he has had no choice but to usr the box (about time).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is Dozer neutered? I can't remember.

You've got a busy cat household! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O I certainly do! 5 of them make me crazy sometimes but I love them all.
Dozer is neutered so I wouldn't think he would be humping like a teenager but he sure is! It's like he gets in the mood and everyone look out! Its crazy weird. I've kinda just learned to deal with it I guess. At this point it is gross and annoying but it's not like we can't deal with him. Maybe he will grow out of it, if not I guess he will just be my little creep.

Bob's diaper rash is back with vengeance. That poor guy. I know he has to hate me. He's pooping more and it's runny instead of the balls with a little runny. I got this royal canin food and stupid me only looked at the fiber content when I bought it. That stuff is expensive crap! It's not good for him at all. I paid 30 for a 7 lb bag of freaking corn! I only gave it to him once and I don't really want him eating it as it's worse than the Purina pro plan.

So how do u feed your cats? I got an auto feeder to make my job easier but moo and Merlin could use a bit less I'm sure lol. Merlin is a big guy anyway but he's gotten a little chubby, and moo I think gorged herself so much after the babies she looks pregnant again. She finally stopped trying to eat everything in site and leaves the dog food alone though. I was debating on doing a two time a day feeding bit idk if it will actually do anything other than make my life miserable lol. Just asking

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, I also forgot, screech has gone missing from my brothers. I went and me and my niece looked all day and put up flyers and such and no sign of him. Hopefully he turns up somewhere and soon. Hopefully that microchip comes in handy at some point and I pray that all the vets will scan anyone new that comes in.