Help with pregnant kitty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, bless his heart. He looks so cozy on the car seat.

This is fantastic news. Way to go, Bob!

That rash looks awfully painful. :( You can put coconut oil on his rash. He can have diaper ointment, but he'd need to wear the diaper over it because he should not lick the ointment. The coconut oil is safe if licked.

I was hoping he would outgrow this. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It most certainly is. I'm at a point where idk whether to leave it on or off but he poops in my bed yuck! I might try the coconut oil after his bath tonight as I had no idea that worked. I have been using buttpaste (no help) he has on something like Destin now with his diaper. I think he will get a little air and some oil for a bit at least. Any idea how to dry him quicker? He's such a good kitty. He rides pretty well in the car and I even took him for caturday at petsmart where he rode in the cart or walked a little on a leash when we were stopped.

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its difficlt to know WHEN, as you already feel them move. But milk is usually coming quite late. Next point will be when she "drops" suddenly feells smaller, and the kittens further down and less movable. Than its just one- two days left...
Just to say our cat Mia didn't 'drop' at all - she was super wide right until hours before birth!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a towel warmed in the dryer to dry him.

The Desitin is excellent, but he must have a diaper over it in case he licks his bum.

When he has no diaper on he can have coconut oil.

It would be awesome if he knew when he needed to go to use the litterbox. This is new, so maybe he will reach that point too.

He's so sweet looking! :redheartpump:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O dryer warmed towel never crossed my mind. Yeah he is diapered with it all the time as the vet said it is extremely toxic. Here in a minute I'm going to let him diaper free for like an hr before bed. He goes to the litter box about a billion times a day like he does so maybe he will get the hang of it. That would be so amazing! The strange part is I think it has to do with switching his food. He had diareah so on went the diaper. Next thing I know is he's pooping FORMED things on his own! So I tip my hat to the ole Purina pro plan right now lol.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O, I always forget to ask this.. is it odd he still digs at his water bowl before he drinks? I mean it's an ordeal every time and he spills them a lot. It's kinda cute until I almost fly on my butt bcuz I slipped in the water. Dozer is Mr jealous of bob I believe that's y he poops in the tub. He's jealous of ketchup the weiner dog, and his uncle Merlin for sure too. If he doesn't stop I'm going to diaper him and see how he likes it haha

Bob really liked the coconut oil by the way. Maybe the other stuff burned? He made some noise but let me rub it all over for quite a little bit. His little tail is raw where it touches too poor baby. As long as he will let me that's what I'll put on him if it makes it better.
I love this place, such good advice!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have 2 cats who are now 2 years old who dig at the water bowl, play in it, and make a huge mess! They've been doing it since they were kittens, and they were born in my house, so they did not learn this anywhere else.

What I learned, is to put the water bowl on a towel or pee pads, to minimize the mess. Yes, the towel gets soaked, but better than water everywhere! ;)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bob's little butt is getting worse it seems. I bought him regular disposable diapers yesterday thinking maybe they would keep the moisture out better and tried both the coconut oil and diaper rash med. It doesn't seem to be working. The diaper rash med I realized won't stick to the area it needs to. Though he seems to mind the oil less it seems it didn't do much. Poor baby I feel so bad for him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
krisrath11 krisrath11

He may have a strep infection on his bottom and need nystatin.

My daughter had this as a baby. Regular Desitin won't cure it. The nystatin heals it great, but you will need to get it from the vet. It comes in a tube.

Poor Bob. Can you get it today? Hopefully the vet will give it to you without bringing Bob in.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I just call and ask for it then? I bet they will say they have to see him just to get my $45 for it. They claim they can't write prescriptions without seeing them. I might call where I got ketchup and ask them as they say they won't charge a visit fee for most things. I didn't know that was a thing. How do they get it and is it contagious?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call and see. Either way, his bottom needs treatment desperately. It's really sore!

I was clueless until it happened to my daughter (she's 20 now).

Strep is bacterial. It grows in the damp, unclean environment of the diaper. :(

Let me know what happens.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I called, they said she is with someone and will call back. I hope they don't want to see him cause I really can't afford it since I just spent 80 on his new diapers to be made. I thought about maybe no ointment and perhaps a sprinkle of powder in there but idk if that's a good idea. He always seems to have a tiny bit of runny poop that's right there even when he is producing formed. He's quite the confusing little boy. I was going to get his fecal test done so would that maybe show something

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, he needs nystatin. Please go the vet route. This will not go away on its own.

That's how I ended up at the pediatrician with my daughter. It was horrible and would not go away with Desitin. The doctor took one look and said it's strep.

I believe that is what Bob has.

You don't need a fecal. It's not the poop. His skin is infected.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They said 40 for the exam, 39 for the test to see what it is and once that comes back they can prescribe something. I'm calling that other place to see what they can do

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They said 40 to see him as well and then however much for whatever the vet wants to do. Omg, any idea on what to do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, I just did some research.

Go to the feminine hygiene section at a store and buy a tube of one of these:

Mycostatin
Lotrimin
Monistat

These have nystatin ingredients and should clear it up.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O thank God. I was about in tears over here. They won't hurt him will they? Of coarse I'll be keeping his diaper on him while it is on. Yeah they said they wanted to do the test to check to see if it was yeast or bacteria. We r going to get some right now. Does it really matter which I get or if it is an off brand as long as it has the nystatin in it?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, any of those will do, and generics are fine. No, it will not hurt him.

If this does not clear what I now think is fungal, then he'll need an antibiotic.

Use this through the weekend and we'll see. Apply it frequently.