Help with pregnant kitty

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm about to make some litter box enclosures out of MDF for our litter trays.,hoping it will help reduce the tracking of litter round the flat. If they work I'll post details! Xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think moo has been getting more accustomed to the box but she taught screech to pee other places! They r quite exhausting these days. I am taking the 2 to my brother this week regardless and I will pick them up for their rabies shot if I have to bcz all 4 of them r to much these days. I come home to pee in the water bowl or yesterday in the tub! Idk who is doing it but I know it's not good. I'm at a loss, and I'm going to give the box back and just hope the dogs don't get something weird from all the cat poo and pine pellets they eat. It seems u can't win with all these weirdos, they r all so stubborn! Everyone is nice and healthy, Bob is still thriving (although he is going to have to go have a u.a. bcz his pee looks a little dark to me). He is being donated diapers from someone off the fancy pants 4 pets website. That couldn't have come at a better time bcz he keeps getting out of the ones I make. His poor little stub tail catches all the poo that is coming out and his little butt gets raw. I don't give him any meds anymore as I feel like it does nothing but make him poop now. Idk when the last time he had it was. Turns out everyone picked the right 2 bcz they hang out in their pairs that they r going in usually. That makes me happy. this is Bob last week

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since Bob wears diapers, you can put Desitin or A&D ointment on his raw bottom. Petroleum jelly will help too. So nice someone donated diapers!

Dark urine usually means dehydration. Or does he have a UTI?

How old are they now? Is your brother taking 2 kittens permanently?

You sound exasperated!

Last edited:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They r all 12 weeks (maybe 13 today I think) old.

My brother is taking both Pete and screech yay! I'm insisting they leave this week bcz it's getting to much and they r making moo have bruised nipples. She still calls them to nurse, shouldn't she have stopped by now?

I think he would have a uti bcz before he wasn't letting me squeeze him as well and I think some was staying in there. I would rather know he is ok for sure and not have to worry. I am very excited to get the new diapers as hopefully they fit well and he can't rip them off. The tail is his downfall I would say, there isn't much of it, but it sure is stuck right in the way!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, mama cats will nurse for months. She'll stop when she's fed up. Has she been spayed yet?

Definitely get Bob checked. He can't help his little tail getting in the way.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Moo was spayed when they were 6 weeks old. She has hardly any milk yet, but still calls them. A friend of mine really wants her and I've been contemplating letting her go since she is still attacking the others at random, but I am not sure yet as I really like her.

Bob will be getting checked next week if I can just run him in and squeeze him after work. I know he can't help it, or move it. Is it possible it hurts him when I move it? I have to obviously to clean it, and it's like a ring so I just put my finger under it and wash gently. I try not to actually move it as idk what's going on with it. Hopefully I can get him some x-rays in the next couple months to see. I find he loves his spine rubbed so I do that a lot for him.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well, all is well around here. bob and dozer are both about 5 lb now as of the other day when they got their rabies shot and booster for the distemper. moo moo is calming down a bit, her and merlin can often be found together eating or drinking. she still isn't the most fond of mama kitty but tollerates her for the most part. pete and screech are doing great at my brothers now and will be coming to visit this weekend while he is out of town (im excited to see them). bob is good, like a normal little bouncing kitty. he is fun to watch bcz as he gets older the drunken butt as i would call it, and the bunny hop is more defined. he is quite the character thats for sure. when it comes to cats, he would be the easiest one ever lol. no litter box to clean, he lets u pick him up and carry him around, and you can spend hours watching him do anything bcz he is that adorable! dozer can be seen most of the time sleeping on one of the dogs faces (i have no idea why). so as far as it goes with things around here i would say all is well and that mr. bob will live a really long and happy life! we made it to the point i dont worry about everything and the occasional little poo ball while may be irritating and who am i kidding gross, but it is a small price to pay to pick up doo doo every few weeks or so for such a special and amazing kitty!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, what a great report! So glad all is well with everyone.

I am tickled pink to hear that Bob is doing so well. I would love to see an updated picture of Bob. Does he still wear his diapers?

I love your positive outlook and love of Bob! :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I uploaded some of Bob and some of dozer. He wears the diapers sometimes but he hasn't had much of anything to justify them mostly. He gets a bit rubbed by them so unless he shows signs that he's going to have a bad day I typically don't make him wear them. He always does when we go out though just in case. He's been stuck like glue to his mom the last couple of days, and though he's people friendly he would rather hang out with merlin or his mom than me most of the time. He has learned to come to the bathroom when I am in there if he is really full and wants to pee. He likes that part, but makes an evil face when I make him poo. Poor guy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Love the pictures! He is so darn cute! :lovecat2:

Sounds like he needs bigger diapers. The Pampers preemie size would probably fit him now.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I am in need of some help once again. Why is dozer humping everything? He's making me crazy! He tries to hump my arm, I caught him humping sugar one of my pit bulls, he tries to do it to papa but he leaves. It's out of hand. He's fixed so I thought this wasn't supposed to happen. How do I make him stop? I put an image of him doing it to sugar... poor girl he woke her up

Attachments

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That was pretty helpful and at least now I know I don't have the only kitty who is a giant perv running around. Dozer is strange anyway, so this falls right in line with all the rest of his antics

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pics of dozer and bob. Dozer might be in love with sugar the dog lol.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS!! Bob pooped all on his own since yesterday!! Granted he was wearing his diaper so I still had to clean it but I didn't have to squeeze him! No blood either! So so happy! The downside is he has a diaper rash that I haven't been able to get cleared up but we went to a really nice groomer today and got him a booty trim to hopefully help with the moisture and such. I left the diaper off though and in the 15 minute drive he dropped a turd in my car. I never thought I would be happy about a real poop coming out of a cat lol. I attached pics of his haircut and his trip to the groomer.
20170622_170936.jpg
20170622_171436.jpg