Hello From Norway

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I’m Alice, 37, and I live with my hubby, 3 older cats and two new kittens. I’m Norwegian and we got our first cat when I was 2. So I’ve had cats around long enough to feel like a house without a cat is no home. :)

I’ve had mostly Norwegian forest cats, but not at the moment. The two oldest cats (13 years) were rescues, and the third adult (11) is one of the kittens of the female 13 yo. They are all streetmix/housecats. The new kittens are half persian. But I hope to one day have another NFC, because they are amazing cats. :)

Other than that, I’m a bit of a workaholic on summer holliday, with a lot of free time on my hands. So I’ll probably be hanging around a lot.

Nice to «meet» you all!

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome! Please feel free to share pics of your kitties, enter the photo contests, and post everything cat-related that's on your mind. I think you'll find a lot to distract yourself with. I know I have....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you both. :)

I’m already spamming a thread with pictures of the kittens, so yes, I will share. I’m staying home to work on the kitten-intro, so I take a lot of pics these days. :D My Facebook-friends will probably be happy that I find somewhere else to post the kitty-pics. ;)

But anyway, here are 4 of my little furballs:

0537879A-4F79-4713-A766-210E3AF4EE10.jpeg

This is our Queen, Medusa. She is 13 yo, and I’ve had her since she was 6 weeks. In the pic she has just met the kittens for the first time, so she is giving me the stinkeye. :D But she also has a bit of a resting b*** face. Even when she’s happy, she looks like she wants to murder you in your sleep.

1EE5ABCD-077B-4454-ADA5-054A83BD29AA.jpeg

This is Medusa’s son, Lillegutt (11 yo). Lillegutt means Little boy in Norwegian, a name my hubby gave him. It worked 10,5 years ago, but now that he is 7 kg? Not so much.. he is driving us all crazy by jumping up to the second floor balcony, bringing with him «stuff he has killed».

0487BBE7-25EC-469E-BDA1-34EA5C057E67.jpeg

And then we have the two new kittens, 12 week old sisters, Nala and Sorry, playing with the iPad.

I coulden’t find a pic of the oldest one, 13 yo male, Pan. He is all black, and always closes his eyes the moment you try to take his picture, so it can be difficult to take a picture where you understand what you are looking at. But I’ll work on it. :) And Yes, I was working on a mythology theme with Pan and Medusa, until my hubby came along with the Lillegutt.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
4766DBCF-02A8-46D9-ABD6-C50DC4C1829B.gif
Alice, Medusa, Lillegut, Nala and Pan, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
A1966B00-6A2F-4352-A630-98E047A5B018.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitties are lovely :lovecat: :lovecat2:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Medusa, Lillegutt, Nala and Sorry are beautiful. :catlove:
Looking forward to seeing a pic of Pan.:bigeyes: Here's an older thread on Photographing black cats? that might be helpful. :camera:
Thank you, and I love that photographing black cats has it’s own thread! :) I’ll have a look and see If I can get an Ok picture of the old man. It’s been a struggle!

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alice catlady Alice catlady - Welcome to TCS; post as many photos of these horgeous kitties as you can manage!

My little Bob says, "du trenger en Norsk Skogkatt; alle trenger en Norsk Skogkatt!"

View attachment 239769
Jeg er enig med Bob! :D And what a beautiful kitty! I love the NFC! They are so smart, beautiful and funny, and it’s amazing watching them get down from a tree! My dad lives in a small place where NFC is the norm, you’ll find them everywhere. I have always wondered how that happened, because other places housecats is the norm. My last NFC came from there, it was a girl named Navi, and she was amazing. Big and a real talent for hunting. We have a lot of crows in the area, mostly our cats will leave them alone, because they are big and will bully the cats for weeks If they try something. But Navi would take them, one by one, and not care about the backlash. So when she was alive, we would have a break from the crows. She made them move.

Skogkattene will always have a special place in my heart, and one day I will get one again. :)

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 239771 Alice, Medusa, Lillegut, Nala and Pan, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 239770 to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitties are lovely :lovecat: :lovecat2:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
Thank you! I found this page when I was looking for info on how to get the kitten intro to go as smooth as possible, and it’s been an amazing help! :) Can’t wait to learn more!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeg er enig med Bob! :D And what a beautiful kitty! I love the NFC! They are so smart, beautiful and funny, and it’s amazing watching them get down from a tree! My dad lives in a small place where NFC is the norm, you’ll find them everywhere. I have always wondered how that happened, because other places housecats is the norm. My last NFC came from there, it was a girl named Navi, and she was amazing. Big and a real talent for hunting. We have a lot of crows in the area, mostly our cats will leave them alone, because they are big and will bully the cats for weeks If they try something. But Navi would take them, one by one, and not care about the backlash. So when she was alive, we would have a break from the crows. She made them move.

Skogkattene will always have a special place in my heart, and one day I will get one again. :)
Alice catlady Alice catlady - Bob says, "jeg ville nyte Norge; de har mange fisk!"

You're right about them being hilariously funny too; I think of them as circus clowns, always trying to get you to laugh. At Bob's size (just over 16 kg) almost everything he does is funny, from jumping up on the counters (imagine a bear trying to jump twice his height) to rolling in catnip (the other ten cats form a circle around him, and give him enough room to flop around like a fish).

Thank you, and I love that photographing black cats has it’s own thread! :) I’ll have a look and see If I can get an Ok picture of the old man. It’s been a struggle!
Almost every niche in the cat world has its own photo thread on TCS - the Photo Forum is just an amazing place, and every time you visit a thread, you'll get a laugh or two. There's even a thread just for the Big Kitties:

The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

with lots of NFCs, Maine Coons, Siberians, Ragdolls and other monsters.

Here's hoping that you stay and explore the site - this is a wonderful, caring community except for the Snowshoes!