Hello! Bobo is a tricolor, shorthair kitty and I'm his mom!

Bobo's Mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hii!
I'm new here and I'm a first-time cat parent. My kitten, Bobo, is a little over two months old. I come here a lot when he gives me jump scares and I just decided to join in!
I have a question :)
Bobo is getting slimmer, longer, and taller. I'm a tad worried as he used to be a chubby baby. He is eating as normal and playing like crazyyyy. You all are now his Aunties and Uncles :) so is this growth pattern normal?
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-28 at 8.09.45 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-28 at 8.09.46 AM.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a first time cat mom. :bouquet: Bobo is adorable. :catlove:

As for his slimming down, as long as he's still eating normally, and playing, and basically acting like a kitten, it's probably all normal. Just make sure you always have food out for him, as since he's a growing boy, he can eat as much as he wants. Once he's around 12 months old, then you'll want to keep a better eye on the amount of food he eats.

Since you're a new cat mom, here's a few TCS articles that might be helpful:

The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition – TheCatSite Articles (the part about kittens Bobo's age, is at the end of the article)

First-time Cat Owner’s Guide – TheCatSite Articles
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House – TheCatSite Articles
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips – TheCatSite Articles

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
26e7c64faf8ca2eb08e4ff0d95a4d24f.gif
to you and Bobo, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Bobo is such a cutie! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of Bobo and we have a special thread here for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Since you you are a new cat owner, do read the articles below to orientate yourself on taking care of a cat.

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515
spay-and-neuter

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bobo's Mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :):redheartpump::redheartpump:

Bobo's Mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a first time cat mom. :bouquet: Bobo is adorable. :catlove:

As for his slimming down, as long as he's still eating normally, and playing, and basically acting like a kitten, it's probably all normal. Just make sure you always have food out for him, as since he's a growing boy, he can eat as much as he wants. Once he's around 12 months old, then you'll want to keep a better eye on the amount of food he eats.

Since you're a new cat mom, here's a few TCS articles that might be helpful:

The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition – TheCatSite Articles (the part about kittens Bobo's age, is at the end of the article)

First-time Cat Owner’s Guide – TheCatSite Articles
9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment or House – TheCatSite Articles
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips – TheCatSite Articles
Thank you so much for your response:rock:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Bobo! What a cutie, and yes, they do tend to go through a lanky phase, just like most kids do.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and the adorable Bobo. As others have already said it's normal for them to have these upwards growth spurts then fill out again. He looks purrfectly fine to me.:purr:

Bobo's Mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your babies are drop-dead gorgeous:hearthrob::hearthrob:. Please give them a kiss from Bobo and I