Empurror Augustus (and His Owner, I Guess)

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a student who recently adopted my first cat. I've been lurking this forum for a while, but finally decided to make my first post.

Before I got Augustus, I had been visiting the shelter every weekend, and looking at their website daily, but none of the cats fitted my family and I. Finally I dropped in late on a Friday night, not expecting to find a cat, but I found Augustus. Once I sat down next to him and gave him a few cheek scratches, he rested his whole head on my arm and started purring. I wanted to adopt him right there and then, but because of his pica, we had to consult the onsite vet, and she had left. So we came back first thing on Saturday morning, and after a four hour wait, we went home with him!

His full name is Empurror Augustus the Magnificat and he turns 4 in a couple of days. We've had him for about a month-he's been great! He has pretty severe pica that he's on medication for, but we've only had a couple incidents (a slipper, bathmat, and one unfortunate pet bed). It seems to be mainly triggered by stress as the pet bed met its end when we first brought him home and the slipper + bathmat was when we left him for a day.

Here he is, in all his furry glory.

file2.jpeg
file-1.jpeg
cat.jpeg
file1.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, vynm and Empurror Agustus the Magnificat! I love his name! It’s so regal; so fitting for such a handsome kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the warm welcome! These forums have so much info and everyone seems so knowledgeable- I just want to read everything.
While his name is undoubtedly magnificent, it's a bit long so normally he's either Gus or Auggie

His name rules!!!!

Thanks for loving him and bringing him home,even with his current issues. Love and peace sent.
Through the magic of multiple promotions, his adoption fee was only 3 dollars (normally would be around 75 dollars I believe)! My father and I joke that for something that cheap there had to be some sort of catch. Nothing that cheap doesn't have flaws. It's all fun and games though, we love him and his issues.

Welcome to TCS, vynm and Empurror Agustus the Magnificat! I love his name! It’s so regal; so fitting for such a handsome kitty!
He is regal..... sometimes. He's poised on the arm of my chair looking like the epitome of royalty right now, but he has the tendency to sit in this really weird way that makes him look like a toad. A cat loaf, but instead of his front legs tucked under him, they stick out to the sides. I'll get a photo of it someday.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0199407E-5900-4F45-B1E7-8A5700C1140A.gif
Vymn and Augustus, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
0EEC26B9-7F8D-4678-8CAE-F13E218C91EB.jpeg

Augustus is handsome! :happycat::lovecat4:

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:And congrats on the adoption of your first cat.
Empurror Augustus the Magnificat is adorable. And I love his name! :catlove:

How come his tummy is shaved? Is that something to do with the pica?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love his name! It’s so regal; so fitting for such a handsome kitty!
Exactly what I was thinking. :agree:

It was good of you to take on a kitty with a known health issue. It sounds like you've got a good handle on the pica issue, though.

:welcomesign:

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:And congrats on the adoption of your first cat.
Empurror Augustus the Magnificat is adorable. And I love his name! :catlove:

How come his tummy is shaved? Is that something to do with the pica?
I believe he had an intestinal biopsy at the shelter. To check if there was a medical cause like IBD for his pica? I'm not entirely clear on it as they didn't tell us much and I'm not that great at deciphering the medical terminology on his official files.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He really is a cutie pie. And that shaved belly is/was purrfect for belly kisses. :catrub:

vynm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was Augustus’s birthday- the Empurror turned four! Coincidentally it worked out well with the pace of his harness training, so it was the first time he got to go outside! I opened the door and he waltzed right out with his tail straight in the air, no hesitation at all. We went on a wander around the house, and...through my neighbors yard. He didn’t seem to want to walk on the grass-maybe because it was wet?

He also got a piece of mackerel for his birthday and he went crazy. He liked it so much he might never eat anything else, which might be a problem. I can’t afford mackerel on a daily basis- I don’t think anybody can!

Attachments

Mrs.O

Skeeter's Purrson
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

I'm new also, just finding my way around the site but wanted to say Gus is so handsome and a fabulous name!!

✌

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I LOVE his name! He's a regal beauty who I am sure rules the house with a velvet paw!