Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you tell me the names of the creamers made with Stevia please?
Prymal and Nutpods. There's also SweetLeaf and Truvia coffee sweetener/flavor (no cream; you can add your own). I can't find any stevia powdered cappuccino mixes, but I did find some recipes if you can make your own.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prymal and Nutpods.
Thanks. I will try to find them. I'm not sure if I could make my own cappuccino, unless it was really easy.

I cut back to 1 level teaspoon Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1/4 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer, 3/4 cup water, microwaved all together for 2 minutes. We'll see if this helps with the shaking. I know most of it is probably my nerves from living with my mother, but until I can leave, I have to find ways to cut down on the shaking so I can get through the day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband ran to McDonald's for lunch, so I had him get me a black coffee that I put sugar and creamer in here. I've had three cups of coffee and a chai tea with creamer so far today, as well as several glasses of water. But I figure it's okay to baby myself today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not posting much here, as how many times do you guys need me to say I had my usual.
So what? I often have the same thing. Go ahead and post if you want. :thumbsup:

chai tea with creamer
That sounds good!

4:30pm-- 3/4 cup water microwaved for 2 minutes, then added 1Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, and 1/4 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not posting much here, as how many times do you guys need me to say I had my usual.
Go ahead and post as often as you like since most of the time I have my usual too, i.e. dark roast coffee.
BTW, your cat mug is adorable. :zzzcat:

I had my usual with breakfast and since I needed to stop and get coffee beans I ordered a latte with cinnamon on top. I love the cool designs, (coffee art), the baristas make too. :cool:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well cutting back to 1/2TB instant coffee didn't work. I'm still shaking something awful. So I'll try cutting it down to 1Tsp tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then it must be the sugar.
I know most of it is probably my nerves from living with my mother, but until I can leave, I have to find ways to cut down on the shaking so I can get through the day.
It just dawned on me, what if you tried decaf coffee just so you would know if it's the amount of coffee that's causing the shaking or the sugar. However, the anxiety from your mother could be a contributing factor too. I know if I'm anxious about something and drink coffee I get the jitters. :nervous:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what if you tried decaf coffee just so you would know if it's the amount of coffee that's causing the shaking or the sugar. However, the anxiety from your mother could be a contributing factor too. I know if I'm anxious about something and drink coffee I get the jitters.
I did see a decaf instant Espresso that I could try. I do like the energy from caffeine though. Yeah, the anxiety from my mom will never stop. I already begged her & no dice. She will never change. It has really taken its toll on me. I hope I get out soon. :crossfingers:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the anxiety from my mom will never stop. I already begged her & no dice. She will never change. It has really taken its toll on me. I hope I get out soon. :crossfingers:
It may not be the caffeine... but cutting back or switching to decaf can help a bit..

From my own experience, I know how stress, anxiety can do a number on your nervous system.
Being under constant stress, anticipating the worst, trying to avoid it, can all cause you to shake, and tremble. It is not a healthy situation at all..

I hope you can at least get away for a long daily walk----something to get you away from the primary source of the stress.

I am not prying.. but, do you have a professional, with whom you can talk to about this?
They can help you.. more than you may think..

This has been going on for years... no wonder you are shaking with anxiety..
~~~~~~
This morning as it was yesterday, a SB k-cup, brewed strong, with almond milk.
I also had a container of Kite Hill Vanilla Almond Milk Yogurt... I like this one.

Boring breakfast, but... it works for me...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can at least get away for a long daily walk----something to get you away from the primary source of the stress.
I am not prying.. but, do you have a professional, with whom you can talk to about this?
I take my walks inside during the winter, it is just too cold outside here until around April. She never leaves because of the pandemic, so I never get a break from her. I had 2 different social workers, but they both gave up on me and stopped calling, because I never leave. I just don't have the confidence yet.

Drinking 1Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, made in half water, half So Delicious Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer.

1640015263529.png
1640015187922.png
1640015213299.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take my walks inside during the winter, it is just too cold outside here until around April. She never leaves because of the pandemic, so I never get a break from her. I had 2 different social workers, but they both gave up on me and stopped calling, because I never leave. I just don't have the confidence yet.

Drinking 1Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, made in half water, half So Delicious Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer.

View attachment 404900View attachment 404896View attachment 404897
Is the so delicious coconut milk a very coconutty flavor? I'll use canned coconut milk in curries and soups, but the idea of putting it in coffee makese think it would turn the whole drink to coconut flavor.

Also, your social workers shouldn't have given up on you. You have to take steps at your own pace and comfort level. I know you'll get where you want to be in your own time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast coffee with breakfast, espresso with lunch and drinking honey lemon ginseng green tea now.

I'm also sorry the social workers gave up on you. :hugs: I know you said you don't take walks outside during winter due to the cold but could you jump rope instead? You would warm up quickly due to the cardio and it would get you out of the house for a little while.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe in you
Thanks. I hope I get a few good years without her in it.

your social workers shouldn't have given up on you. You have to take steps at your own pace and comfort level.
They just told me about all the help that is available to me, but I have to either immediately work or enroll in school. Unless I get declared disabled I guess. Obviously there is something wrong with me to let her treat me like this and not leave.

Is the so delicious coconut milk a very coconutty flavor?
It's really good! It's thinner than the canned kind. I tried the canned kind in coffee once and it was gross.

but could you jump rope instead?
Outside? I's just too cold for me here. I took my 2 hr walk indoors today though! After sitting around depressed for 6 months.

Drinking Aldi Decaf from the drip coffee maker with 1/4 cup Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer. This tastes really good. I don't know if it's really that good or if it's because I'm really hungry after my walk. :thumbsup:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggiedemi, we are all here for you. You know that.

But you do need to take the initiative to get away from her. You are smart. You know that. It takes courage.

Anyway.
Had a SB K cup peppermint mocha this afternoon. I had the Sparkling Cinnamon candle lit.
A couple people came in by and said it smelt like bananas!!! I said, “huh!! “.

Weird.

At least it did not smell like kitty poop— Geoffrey had just gone!!!😆. I did scoop the box, so it would not smell!!!!
😝. 🤪

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee with Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer, made in hot water.
That decaf drip coffee I had yesterday was way better than this. If I keep drinking instant coffee, then it will have to be Espresso. That's the only one I really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.