Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The chocolate cafe messed up my drink order :disappointed: I ordered a peppermint milk hot chocolate. What I got was plain dark hot chocolate. And no whipped cream. It wasn't a big deal really (have hot chocolate, will drink) but I was a little disappointed. The dark chocolate was a little on the strong bitter side today. I meant to enjoy my drink and snack in the cafe but my order was packed up as a to-go :rolleyes: The cafe had just opened so it wasn't even busy. There was just one group of people ahead of me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I use one hearty tablespoon of freshly ground coffee in a 12 oz. mug. Sorry I can't help regarding instant since I don't drink it but 2 teaspoons doesn't sound like a lot to me so maybe cut back to one cup a day or use 1 teaspoon instead. Do you drink it on an empty stomach? If so, you may want to eat something first.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I think you are using too much instant coffee in your cup.

Years ago, I think it was only 1 heaping teaspoon. Not tablespoon per cup. I have felt for a long time, that you are using too much coffee in the cup.

When it says: tsp, that is teaspoons. When it is abbreviated Tbsp—- that is tablespoonful.

And cut back on the creamer.

Much healthier for you.

This way you can have 2 cups a day without any issues.

What do the directions say??

I put the instant coffee in a cup, added boiling water, stirred, and then added the creamer and sugar.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finished up the Great Value Vanilla Almond Creamer and the Almond Breeze Vanilla Honey Almondmilk.

How much instant coffee do you guys use? I only used 2Tsp per cup, 2 cups today, and I'm shaking.
I've only used instant in baking. I use ground coffee or I get whole bean and grind it myself. You'd probably love a Keurig or something similar. Better than instant, very easy to use and fast.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
kona coffee with almond milk and a bowl of apple jacks
Sounds as if you are feeling a bit better!! :vibes:

I had the last of the SB Fall Roast---OMG so good.... with almond milk, and a container of Forager Vanilla Cashew Milk Yogurt... not bad... but I really prefer Greek yogurt...

Since cutting out sugar, in my diet, I really find the sweetness in all things. It is weird.. It really is...
I do not care for overly sweet things.. amazing how your body works.

Yesterday was a 'cheat' day for me.. I bought a large sugar cookie, a Christmas Tree with Green sprinkles, at the bakery... and had other things I should not have had..

Have to be good today... And this week.. Cardiologist appointment this week... ugh...
I was short of breathe, yesterday.. weird... need to start walking

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much instant coffee do you guys use? I only used 2Tsp per cup, 2 cups today, and I'm shaking.
Nescafe dark roast instant coffee says to use 1 teaspoon per 6oz of water. And it has 57mg of caffeine per teaspoon. That's not very much (compared to other types of coffee), so either you're extra-sensitive to caffeine or maybe it's the sugar in the creamer? Too much sugar can make me shaky sometimes. Try having something to eat first, and if that doesn't work try a sugar-free creamer and see if that works.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do the directions say??
Some of my coffees say 1 Teaspoon and some say 1 heaping Teaspoon. I measured out a heaping Teaspoon and it was the same as my 1/2 Tablespoon spoon. So I used half a Tablespoon today. That's only one less Teaspoon per day though, not sure it will make much of a difference, but we'll see. I can always cut back to a level Teaspoon.

maybe it's the sugar in the creamer? Too much sugar can make me shaky sometimes. Try having something to eat first, and if that doesn't work try a sugar-free creamer
Yeah, it could be the sugary creamers. I never use sugar free because they have those fake sugars like sucralose, which people say are dangerous.

Today I opened up Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer. This is the best one so far. I guess I just like French Vanilla. Microwaved 3/4 cup water for 2 minutes, added 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee and 1/4 cup creamer, then back in microwave for 15 seconds.
1639842055874.png
1639842085977.png

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it could be the sugary creamers. I never use sugar free because they have those fake sugars like sucralose, which people say are dangerous.
Yeah I try to avoid artificial sweeteners too. Some people just use half & half or heavy cream and say that the natural sweetness is enough for them, not for me though, lol. And they now have coffee creamers with stevia (which is natural) but I haven't tried any yet. I do use water flavoring with stevia and I like it so they'd probably be ok.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used one of my free drink offers at Dunkin to get a peppermint mocha. I added a shot of espresso which I had to pay for. It's pretty good but would not be my go to. I'm glad I tried it before it gets taken off the menu.

I also got a bacon, egg and cheese on sourdough toast. The bread is good. Much better than I expected. Most of their food is just meh. I don't like their eggs. They are overcooked and kind of rubbery. I understand why they have to cook them that way, I just don't like them like that so I took them off. Lilith likes eggs but she's very picky about them just like her mama. :lol:

She's very picky about all food though. I offered her a piece of egg and she turned her nose up at it. I wasn't surprised. When I make scrambled eggs, I make them very soft with butter and she likes those. She gets about a teaspoon of them when I make them which is not often. Sophie won't touch any eggs. They are both super picky in different ways. Could I have it any other way? :rolleyes2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they now have coffee creamers with stevia (which is natural)
Can you tell me the names of the creamers made with Stevia please? I do like Stevia. I'll give them a try if I can find them here.
I'd like to try a cappuccino powder made with Stevia too, if you know of one.

egg and cheese on sourdough toast. The bread is good.
This part sounds so good! Minus the bacon. We do have a Dunkin here, but I don't think I've ever tried their food besides a donut.

Well cutting back to 1/2TB instant coffee didn't work. I'm still shaking something awful. So I'll try cutting it down to 1Tsp tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then it must be the sugar. Drinking the same thing as this morning-- Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee with Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you tell me the names of the creamers made with Stevia please? I do like Stevia. I'll give them a try if I can find them here.
I'd like to try a cappuccino powder made with Stevia too, if you know of one.

This part sounds so good! Minus the bacon. We do have a Dunkin here, but I don't think I've ever tried their food besides a donut.

Well cutting back to 1/2TB instant coffee didn't work. I'm still shaking something awful. So I'll try cutting it down to 1Tsp tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then it must be the sugar. Drinking the same thing as this morning-- Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee with Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer.
They have egg and cheese only options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.