Liquid Benadryl

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My vet told me it’s ok to give my cat 10mg of Benadryl but I’m having trouble getting her to take the pill.

I was going to try liquid. I can’t find an unflavored one. Is the flavoring in the liquid ok?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
The children's Benadryl, that has the bubblegum flavor is made with 12.5 mg of diphenhydramine HCI in each 5 mL. Most cats don't like the flavoring.

If this product is acceptable to your vet (and it does require his/her approval on the Chewy site), maybe it is an option?
https://www.chewy.com/diphenhydramine-hcl-compounded-oral/dp/300875?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Diphenhydramine HCl Compounded&utm_campaign=13246986417&utm_term=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxeyxBhC7ARIsAC7dS38r-AF_Y_nntif0SWZ2dBm5eW3uVkAjjqp6J3tkoW1uF7Lm6l2fqQ8aAm7sEALw_wcB

Last edited:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Allot of medication that is made for children has artificial sweeteners in it that are toxic to cats. What are you wanting to use the Benadryl for?

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am pretty chicken or maybe really cautious about over the counter products for my cats. I had a problem with a cat with diarrhea.I knew of a product years ago and it was safe for cats and recommended by my vet at the time.I called my current vet explained the situation.Well the product was no longer safe the ingredients had changed. She told me what to use and asked me for a return call in a couple days. Better safe then sorry.