Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: The absolute last k-cup of SB Fall Blend with almond milk; with Kite Hill vanilla almond mild yogurt.

Right now, around lunch time... I was up and out early... did not wash dishes or vacuum.. Wanted to avoid the crowds at the stores.
I am having a SB Breakfast Blend k-cup with almond milk, and a Protein bar.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a morning mocha today, so that was a little different than the usual afternoon one. ;)

They just told me about all the help that is available to me, but I have to either immediately work or enroll in school. Unless I get declared disabled I guess. Obviously there is something wrong with me to let her treat me like this and not leave.
First let me say, there is nothing wrong with you. Living with the stress from your mother's house rules, as well as almost 2 years of Covid, would make it hard for anyone to make a major life change. So just hang in there, stay positive, and keep dreaming and planning. It will happen, when the timing is right. 🤗

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We stopped at a different coffee shop today while running errands. I prefer the small independent ones to SB or Dunkin. I ordered a latte and DH tried their chai but didn't care for it so they made him their version of a pumpkin spice latte instead, (no charge). Best of all, I drank my latte and his chai which I loved. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living with the stress from your mother's house rules, as well as almost 2 years of Covid, would make it hard for anyone to make a major life change.
Yeah, she told me that I have no rights here because my name isn't on the deed. She's evil. It's hard to get well when somebody treats you like you're nothing.

Anyway, to keep it on topic I'm drinking the same thing as this morning-- Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee with Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer. I definitely must be sensitive to caffeine because I upped it a tiny bit and the shaking started again. I will have to stay at 1 level Teaspoon or drink decaf.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing again this morning. Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee with Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer. I'll finish this creamer up tonight and open one of the Silk ones tomorrow. Can't wait to see if their creamers are as good as their milks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished my first bottle of the sugar free caramel syrup for my coffee this morning. I only add barely A teaspoon to my coffee so it lasts a long time and I have a few more bottles from the dollar store. Once I finish this batch of Keurig K cups I am going to try some cheaper brands. I am thinking that as long as I add the syrup any coffee is going to taste good.

The new Keurig machine is okay. Coffee tastes good but not quite as hot as the older machines.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does that mean? Just an empty pitcher?

Finished up the Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer. I was shaking so badly today, even though I only used a Teaspoon of coffee in each cup. Maybe it's the sugar in the creamers. I don't think it could be my hot sauce.
They use the same pitchers toake their dairy and non dairy drinks, so there's risk of contamination. So it's recommended in my groups if you're going to order a hot Starbucks beverage to ask for a clean pitcher.

They tend to make cold drinks right in the cups, from what I understand, so they're safer.

It's pretty annoying dealing with this all sometimes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
SB Breakfast blend k-cup with almond milk, and a power bar....

yes a different breakfast for me. I ate a ton last night. Today, being Christmas Eve is a really mixed up day: Mass this afternoon, begins at 4pm, but have to arrive very early because the kids are putting on the Nativity play....
Then home for a quick nibble, then out for to my cousins---15 miles away, for family Christmas Eve tradition, and food......

Will be home late..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our microwave died. 😭 It will be a few days or maybe a week until we can get one. Guess I'll have to heat the coffee or hot water on the stove. What a pain. Our drip coffee maker doesn't seem to get the coffee very hot. After I pour in the creamer, it's rather cold!

Aldi Decaf with Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer again. Shaking hasn't really improved much, so it must be the sugar. I reduced everything else-- coffee/caffeine, hot sauce. Can't really reduce the stress until I leave...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try stevia (they have it in a box just like sugar) the next time you make a grocery order. Are you on any daily medications? If so, give your doctor a call. But, yeah, it's probably the stress.

Also check out an electric kettle. They're usually about $20 for a basic model, and faster than microwaving.

I've been having the double-bergamot Earl Grey every few days, it's very good. My mom bought some ginger-peach herbal/fruit tea, also Stash brand, and I tried it when I went to her house. That's pretty good too. I'll have to check out the full Stash line and see what else they have.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our microwave died. 😭 It will be a few days or maybe a week until we can get one. Guess I'll have to heat the coffee or hot water on the stove. What a pain. Our drip coffee maker doesn't seem to get the coffee very hot. After I pour in the creamer, it's rather cold!

Aldi Decaf with Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer again. Shaking hasn't really improved much, so it must be the sugar. I reduced everything else-- coffee/caffeine, hot sauce. Can't really reduce the stress until I leave...
I agree with W Willowy - get a kettle! Idk how I'd live without mine. Mine is stovetop, but it pours a lot easier than heating in a pot, and whistles when the water is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.