Coffee & Tea Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you waiting until it's simmering or boiling?
Hot, but not boiling. Should I get it boiling? Should I keep it on Medium the whole time or High part of the time? I put everything in together this morning and got it hot finally! Put 3/4 cup water, 1/3 cup creamer, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Opened up a new creamer-- Silk Sweet & Creamy Almond Creamer. It's okay, but the dairy ones are better.
1640621067626.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing as this morning. Another Twinings Decaf Chai Tea with Silk Sweet & Creamy Creamer heated on the stove. Panasonic Microwave is ordered and will probably be here Monday. My mom had to make my tea for me and plate my dinner. I can't make my hands work sometimes. I wonder if I had a stroke. It took me 3 hours to do my dishes both last night and today. I hope I get better.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup Silk Sweet & Creamy Almond Creamer, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, cooked on the stove on High for 2 minutes, then on Medium for 5 minutes. It tastes soooo much better with milk added.

You have to cook it on High for at least a minute or two, or it doesn't stay hot. I cooked it on just Medium for 10 minutes before and it got cold really fast while I was drinking it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm the only one posting. Did I break the thread?!

2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup Silk Sweet & Creamy Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. Warmed on stove-- high for 2 minutes, medium for 5 minutes. I think I need to leave it on high longer, it got cold fast while I was drinking it. This stove is old though, over 20 years! They rarely replace anything. New Microwave should be here soon!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished my peppermint mocha creamer today (I had a lot of coffee at my in-laws because J slept terribly and it was always there.

Did a grocery order this morning and it didn't look like they had anything fun, so I just got some unsweetened almond milk, because then I can let J have some (obviously not with coffee).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast: SB Breakfast Blend K-cup, with almond milk. Kite Hill almond milk vanilla yogurt.

Noontime: New England Coffee, Breakfast blend with Oat milk Eggnog! It is a medium blend coffee. Tasted so good---nice and smooth with the oat milk eggnog! Had an apple after drinking the coffee.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For breakfast: SB Breakfast Blend K-cup, with almond milk. Kite Hill almond milk vanilla yogurt.

Noontime: New England Coffee, Breakfast blend with Oat milk Eggnog! It is a medium blend coffee. Tasted so good---nice and smooth with the oat milk eggnog! Had an apple after drinking the coffee.
So jealous that you found oat milk egg nog! I tried four different stores and was only able to get the almond nog at Aldi.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I need to leave it on high longer, it got cold fast while I was drinking it.
Won't make any difference once it's off the heat. Do you have any insulated mugs? That's the best way to keep it warm afterward.

I still haven't had a peppermint mocha! I need to get to a Starbucks or McDonald's soon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished my peppermint mocha creamer today
Did you bring your creamer to your in-laws?

Won't make any difference once it's off the heat. Do you have any insulated mugs?
No, but I left it on high and it worked so much better! It almost boiled over though! Only took 3 or 4 minutes, lucky I was there to catch it. It was piping hot and good. 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup Silk Sweet & Creamy Almond Creamer, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee.

This Taster's Choice is big granules, takes a while to dissolve. I don't think it's worth the mega higher price, but was fun to try it once. I was really curious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.