Cat Introduction Woes

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow::woohoo::jump::blobmir::banana1::blobmul::banana2::blobblue::woo::hyper::dance::party4::hobbes::clap:
That's FANTASTIC news!!!!! :D :9: I've no idea why or how it works, but sometimes new, unowned property can create a clean slate situation. I'm SO happy that it's worked out for you. Mega :vibes: that it lasts :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

That's FANTASTIC news!!!!!
I've no idea why or how it works, but sometimes new, unowned property can create a clean slate situation. I'm SO happy that it's worked out for you. Mega
that it lasts

To me that translates as more little black paw pads on show.  

Long may this new confidence last, along side Tempest's growing brave adventures in to the wider home environment.   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had insomnia last night. This is pretty common. As is my usual habit, rather than disturb hubby with my tossing and turning, I got up and went to the office to play video games until I could sleep. As is his usual habit, Sinbad trotted along with me. He loves his private alone time in the middle of the night with mommy. 
 You see, when this happens, I shut the door so the light doesn't shine into the hall as that disturbs hubby's sleep; he doesn't sleep as well since his fight with cancer. This is pretty important -

As is his  usual, hubby woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink as the radiation treatments killed half his saliva glands and his mouth dries out.

What he didn't expect was to discover two  cats asleep on his feet when I was not in bed.

Yup. 

Tempest took advantage of Sinbad's absence to come down to the bedroom and jump in bed. She and Bêlit had divvied up hubby's feet, one for each of them.

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: That's wonderful news...and so sweet too :heart3: I'm so pleased that Tempest is finally starting to see the whole house as hers too :9:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. It seems like it was a major turning point, too, because she's been running around the house getting into trouble all day. There have been numerous mad sprint/chases as Sinbad caught wind of her, but every time, she's been back out looking around within 30 seconds of his leaving. I was cleaning the carpet and suddenly there she was, poking her nose curiously to see what I was doing. Went into the bedroom to put something away, and she comes trotting out from under the bed. She chased a moth down the stairs into the living room, and even stayed there to sit on the couch with my hubby for a while.

All in all, pretty amazing. She's still fleeing at the sight/sound of Sinbad, but this is just such a great step forward.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
     Way to go Tempest.  

That is brilliant news about her sneaking up on to the bed and joining your husband and Bêlit there.   Also for her increasing brave ventures out and about in your home to see what everyone is up to.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tempest is out and about so much now that there are regular Sinbad encounters. She usually manages to flee back up to her room before he realizes she's there, but we have had a few cat screaming chases.

The most humorous thing about them is that Bêlit always attempts to obstruct Sinbad from chasing Tempest. She gets -physically in front of him and tries to be as large as possible, or even to trip him.  He usually just walks over her - literally jumping onto her back and hopping over. But it is enough to slow him down to give Tempest a second or two to escape. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good girl Bêlit :clap::lol3:

It's wonderful that Tempest is spending so much time out of her room now :woo: Hopefully one day Sinbad will learn not to charge ecstatically towards her when he sees her :cross::vibes::lol:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was really cute. Even cuter was her spending the rest of the evening parked on top of the stairs trying to guard Tempest. I was laughing because Tempest is easily the most equipped of the 3 of them to protect herself (she actually lived on the streets after all, she's a tough little fighter) , but she has 2 little determined guardians now. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, Bêlit isn't scruffy, she's fluffy.  

Great news that Tempest is continuing to be more adventurous.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SHe is trying to fluff herself up to look as big as possible to deter Sinbad. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's in a really good happy mood this morning. When I got up and came downstairs, he let out an excited happy trill and came running at me. Stopped at my feet, lifted both paws and when I picked him up he rolled in my arms onto his back and began happily kneading the air.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bêlit is having a pretty happy day, too.

It is so funny how much she loves being carried around like this 

You can see her claws out because she is so happy she is kneading the air with all 4 paws.  Her purrs were super loud. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No updates for a while because nothing has significantly changed. Tempest is continuing to come out more often on her own, Sinbad still chases her, Bêlit has remained firm in her attempts to play interference. It doesn't work all that well as she simply lacks the body mass to stop Sinbad from doing anything, but she tries.

Tempest is mellowing up to Bêlit though, and allows her to hang out indefinitely now. They don't cuddle or groom the way Bêlit and Sinbad will, but still, even this is a pretty huge step for Tempest.  Tempest does seem happier now though, as she is coming out more to explore she can get more attention. And of course, we try to encourage her with treats every time we see her out in the house.