Cat Introduction Woes

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   The girls are lovely there all curled up on your (their) blanket.  It's great that Tempest is venturing out more.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I actually had a lovely snuggle nap with her the other day. I was recovering from my surgery and she came out, nuzzled me and curled up against my side. It was very touching. Sinbad had worried himself into exhaustion so he never woke up at all, giving her the chance to be affectionate.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been a very long time since I've updated this!

Tempest is still not integrated to the house, unfortunately. Bêlit's influence has improved things immensely, however. I often see Tempest watching Bêlit as she moves around the house, as though trying to discern her secrets for dealing with Sinbad. And she does let Bêlit continue to hang out up on the landing with her.

The great news though, is that while she's not out and about generally, she is actively working on it. More often than not, we find her here now:

She likes to explore the bedroom, and has decided up on the bookshelf makes a nice and comfy perch. My hubby put an old pairs of his pants up there for her to nap on. It did lead to one funny moment earlier this evening. She wanted to use the litter box, so jumped down to return to her room.. only Sinbad was sitting on the landing staring into her room.

We came out of the office to start dinner, and found her at the bottom of the stairs staring in obvious consternation up at Sinbad's tail hanging over the edge of the top step. He was too busy trying to spot her in her room to notice she was right behind him. It was pretty funny. lol

Bêlit still does her best to try and protect Tempest from Sinbad. She's too tiny for it to work well, but she tries. You can see her bulging belly, we believe she is bulking up to try and close the mass advantage Sinbad has over her. She delights in her now pudge belly, and can often be seen just lying on her back looking at it with obvious satisfaction. :lol:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
They are all looking great there, esp Tempest up on the bookshelf. What a difference in Belit too. :clap: Be sure and not let her get too cuddly - Mouse and I have just been invited to the 'weight management group' at the vet surgery. :cringe: :ohwell: :paperbag:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bêlit is doing great. The vet said she's within acceptable weight ranges, and we've improved her kidney functions which is amazing. Her fur has filled in more, become fluffier, and she has started matching Sinbad's coloring, which is amusing. What's even funnier is the way she imitates him. She'll sprawl out near him, and peek at him, incrementally matching her pose to his. I've caught her here in the midst of doing it. :cloud9:

She spends most of her time hanging out with Tempest though. Which suits Sinbad fine. He can get his fuzzy fellow kitty snuggles, and have time to cuddle his other friends:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TEMPEST JOINED US IN BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::jump::dazzler::dance::beerchug::banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1::jump::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::banana2::banana2::banana2::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

I don't normally go in for lots of emoticons, but in this case, it is AWESOME. I woke up to a cat crawling around on my head, and it was TEMPEST!!!! She only stayed for a few minutes, because while she was setting in to snuggle my husband, he happened to roll over, and when he does he flings his arm across the entire bed. She was startled, and retreated.

But she retreated up onto the bookshelf, rather than away up to her room!!! What an amazing development!!!! Hopefully it bodes for many snuggles to come!!!!!!!

:dazzler::jump::banana2::banana2::dazzler::dazzler::jump::dazzler::dance::cloud9::cloud9::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I SO get why you wanted a heap of emoticons.
That is excellent. :clap:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's so exciting. I really hope she comes in again tonight. We shall see, I'll report tomorrow. :)

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadly no Tempest last night. But I just noticed I was so excited I forgot to post up a picture of her getting all comfy in the bed. She took over my pillow. :hyper:

She's all like - wait!! That's not my good side!!! :lol:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She came down for some cuddles again last night!

Sinbad managed to catch her, and they had a chase around the bedroom unfortunately. Although it wasn't nearly as frantic as they normally are - Tempest didn't do the high pitched screaming cat thing, and she didn't zoom back up to her room. She just yowled as she ran from him, and ran around and around the bed until husband managed to step in between them.

Sinbad stopped chasing at that, and Tempest retreated to her room.

It was the first time he has stopped without having to be grabbed. So I'd say things seem to be going well, and are moving forward a little? At their glacial integration rate any good signs at all seem like miracles.

Bêlit was running back and forth too, trying to stop Sinbad. She always does her adorable little best to protect Tempest.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely progress, for sure :clap: Fantastic the Tempest is still coming to try for snuggle in bed. I'm hoping to hear that all three have snuggled peacefully together with you very soon :crossfingers::vibes:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20170905_124853_HDR.jpg
Progress continues. While she still isn't freely running around, it's clear she is trying hard. I was cleaning earlier today, and turned around because I heard a odd little sound.

And there was Tempest! She's come all the way downstairs to the entry way! She hung out here for a while watching me sweep and tidy up.