Super Cat
Purraise
Why on earth are these coming through so huge. :eek2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
An amazing thing just happened. We went out grocery shopping as per our normal Saturday morning routine. And when we returned, we found Tempest! Grooming in the hall!

And to understand exactly how amazing this is, beyond the obvious bit of her actually being out and about, I will post a pic that displays two cats, and an embarrassingly messy living room:

They'd clearly just been chilling out like this for a while, based upon how settled in Sinbad was, and she was actually grooming. Her being comfortable enough to groom in this situation is just amazing.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I can compete with Columbine's celebratory post above - but I feel super happy and excited by this latest development. She does have a look of 'Oops, caught in the act, so maybe she has been doing this for a little while but trying not to let on. :catface: :lol:
:bliss: :bunnydance::woo::woohoo::banana1::dance::jive::jump::bliss:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's actually a bittersweet victory. Tempest is sleeping in the bedroom with us every night. She creeps down to snuggle my husband after he falls asleep, and she stays all night. She's claimed thee room now, and only returns to her own room to eat, drink and use the litter box.

But in doing so, she has exiled the other two. Belit used to sleep curled up on my back, but Tempest hisses at her every time she tries to come to bed, so she's started sleeping on the landing outside of Tempest's room. And Sinbad doesn't even come into the bedroom at all any more now. He used to cuddle me when I took naps, and sleep on my feet at night, now he does neither; instead he sleeps on the dining room table.

So husband gets his Tempest cuddles, but I'm completely out my cat affection time.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:( That really sucks :sigh: It sounds a bit like my situation with Asha and the boys. Hopefully Tempest will relax and mellow as she gets more relaxed around Sinbad and Belit :crossfingers::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

In the meantime, here are some virtual kitty snuggles :catlove::petcat::catrub:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like Tempest has found an effective way of declaring her boss status there. What a shame it means you lose out on fur-time though. :vibes:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We've had some fabulous progress. Tempest doesn't like Sinbad, but she refuses to give up time in the bedroom, and he has amazingly stopped charging. And so we have many standoffs like this:

You can see Belit trying to decide if she needs to intervene. :lol:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why on earth is he still studying her so intently!!Ahhh men!!!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow:Just :wow:That's amazing progress :clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap: Good boy Sinbad! SUCH a big deal for the charges to stop after all this time:cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9::clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap::cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9: :clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap::cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9: :clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap::cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9: :clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap::cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9: :clapcat::happycat::dancingblackcat::cutecat::kneading::bunnydance::banana1::jump::clap::cheerleader::hyper::rockout::bliss::yess::D:cloud9:

I hope Tempest relents soon, and lets him come back and share your bed again :crossfingers::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why on earth is he still studying her so intently!!Ahhh men!!!
He's in love. :redheartpump:

He joined us in bed last night! Not for the whole night, and they all carefully took positions as far from each other as possible, but still!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had All Three Cats in bed snuggling us at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And we had a Christmas miracle. Belit is off to the left out of sight, ready to sprint in between them if she's needed.

I am really hopeful for this year, if they continue moving forward like this. It's certainly not friendly, but this is simply amazing progress after all this time.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Big update! But no pictures because my phone died. sniff sniff

But things are continuing on wonderfully. Tempest allows Sinbad to get within a foot or two now, we've had a couple of times over the past few days where he jumped on the bed right next to her. She wasn't happy about it at all, but she remained sitting where she'd been before he jumped up, and last night he even slept in bed with us without any problems after I carried him in.

Today Tempest took to major explorations of the entire house. She spent most of the day downstairs rubbing her scent all over everything, and playing with Sinbad's toys in the living room. I actually tripped over her while cooking, which was a complete and utter surprise. She was loving the larger space, and spent quite some time doing the sideways cat thing, flopped on the side and just zooming around the carpet by pulling with the front legs rather than walking.

I've started calling Belit Sheriff Belit, or just the Sheriff for short. She takes her peacekeeping duties very seriously. :lol:

I think it was yesterday ... Tempest lets Sinbad close enough now that he is able to put his paws on her. Close enough often enough that he's managed to put his paws on her at least once a day, usually several times. He still really wants to play and cuddle with her, poor guy. So yesterday he must have managed to get his paws on her. I heard the Tempest shriek, and went up to see what was going on. We never have to intervene anymore, but we still like to at least peek on them just in case.

So I walk into the hall, in time to see Belit zipping under the bed where Sinbad had clearly trapped Tempest. A few seconds later, Sinbad comes crawling out. Belit was chasing him from behind, smacking him on the bum!! She smacked his bum until she'd chased him out into the hall and then she sat in the doorway clearly determined to prevent him from coming back in. :flail:

She's not a very good door guardian being 7 pounds to his 12, but she puts her all into it. :lol:

All in all, I am very excited. It is wonderful to see Tempest actually out and about, finally believing that she really lives here too. It's clear that she has come to the realization that Sinbad isn't hostile, he's just an idiot and has no idea what a hiss means. We often see her staring at Sinbad with this expression that can only be summed up as "how can anyone be this stupid?" :lol:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yess::cheerleader::clap::bunnydance::woo::banana2::woohoo::jump::jive::dance::happycat::clapcat::cutecat::kneading::bliss::banana1::celebrate: at such wonderful progress, and :crackup::spew::lol: at Bêlit's sheriff duties and Tempest's expressions of Sinbad's idiocy :lol2: I can just picture it all :D:cloud9::thumbsup:

This has been so long in coming - it must feel amazing to finally all three kitties sharing ALL the space happily. Just :wow::rockout::worship::purr: