Cat Introduction Woes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was at my computer, when I slowly became aware of a continuous series of scrabbles and thumps. I got up to investigate, and found Sinbad and Bêlit playing "soccer" with one of Sinbad's mice toys. It was adorable - Sinbad was beneath his favorite chest, and Bêlit was racing around it. He would kick it out, she'd pounce after it and bat it back at him. They were happily and excitedly just passing it back and forth. Tempest was on the landing watching. She clearly wanted to run down and play too. I keep hoping that she'll give in to her temptations one of these days.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it was really nice to see Tempest willing to hang out with Bêlit like that.  Hubby rewarded them by sitting for a while and petting them both. 

For those who like hearing about their antics, last night we had a hilarious encounter.

Sinbad was hiding under his favorite chest, and along comes Bêlit. She stopped at the base of the stairs/ in front of the bedroom. Since the stairs to Tempest's room are right across the hall from the bedroom door, I can lean over to see from the bed. So I watched her standing there, trying to decide between coming in to snuggle me, going up to see Tempest, and poking at Sinbad under the chest. It was adorable, with each ponder, she would turn and stare intently.

Eventually when she was focusing up at Tempest, Sinbad zoooomed out from under the chest, knocked her over, then darted back into hiding.  She just sort of lay there for a few minutes, utterly bewildered, before getting up and wandering off.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: I'm just loving how this is developing! Bêlit really does seem to be the feline 'glue' that was needed to start to bring the fur-family together :D She's SUCH a sweetie :heart3:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh god, I remember those ads! Weren't they banned in the end because kids started copying them?!? VERY Sinbad though :spit::lol3:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:jaw::wow::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::heart2::heart3::love::thud:

That is just ADORABLE! Definitely a love affair between those two :itslove::lovegrin2

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh bless.  
   Aren't they adorable.   You always knew Sinbad needed a snuggle-buddy and now he has one.  Makes me feel all happy inside looking at them there.  
  How amazing to be snuggled up beside / underneath them.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he is just radiating contentedness right now. They've been snuggling all afternoon and evening thus far, so happily neither of them has even come down for dinner yet. Which for Bêlit is just astonishing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Showed those pics to mum (couldn't resist ;) ). Her response was "Oh, they're GORGEOUS" :D

That's such great progress that Bêlit isn't being ravenous anymore :clap: She must really be getting better (as far as is possible, at least) [emoji]128568[/emoji]

Last edited:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are totally gorgeous. But I might be just a tad biased. 

Having conquered Sinbad, Bêlit continues trying to make friends with Tempest. It's quite adorable, actually. She walks up to Tempest slowly, presenting her nose for sniffing. And then just sits and waits. If Tempest hisses, she backs up until Tempest's hackles go down, then sits and waits again. Tempest's comfort zone is a few feet, but as the picture from a few days ago attests, she will allow Bêlit closer now and again if she's just lying down.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Bêlit sounds like a very wise creature, and one calm enough and patient enough to get to know Tempest. I hope so, it is lovely to think of Tempest being happy sharing her space and perhaps even having a little fur-contact with another cat as well as her special humans.   I think Bêlit was destined to find your home and to bring a calm connection between Sinbad and Tempest as well as complete your living space.   

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bêlit sounds like a very wise creature, and one calm enough and patient enough to get to know Tempest. I hope so, it is lovely to think of Tempest being happy sharing her space and perhaps even having a little fur-contact with another cat as well as her special humans.   I think Bêlit was destined to find your home and to bring a calm connection between Sinbad and Tempest as well as complete your living space.   
:yeah: Bêlit reminds me so much of how Shadow was with Asha - he just kept trying to make friends with her, but respected her space too and would back off a little way if she hissed or growled and just sit exuding quiet calm :heart3:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she is a little lover. The best theory we can come up with for her bizarre manic behavior from before was that the change from crappy cheap dry food to healthier canned and raw food perked her up enough to make her aware of how much pain she was in from the UTI. Now that that's taken care of and she's on medicine for her kidney disease, she's so much calmer and even sweeter. She spends her time playing with Sinbad, cuddling everyone who will cuddle her in turns, and trying to make friends with Tempest. I've gotten used to being one handed at the computer, because she's discovered that when I sit down at my desk, I'm likely going to be there for a while and that means a nice stationary shoulder to snuggle and nap on.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bêlit is definitely having a positive influence. Tempest comes all the way out of her room and into the hallway and beyond at least once a day now. Usually more often than that! She's been found in the bedroom looking around, and often comes down the hall to the office as well. Once while I was playing with Sinbad in the living room, she even came tearing down the stairs to the entry way before realizing what she'd done and creeping back.