Can't Tame Feral...i Am Near Tears...need Advice

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a good girl, doing so well!
KrazyForKatz thanks for posting that, I am going through a difficult situation
and it made me feel better reading your post, I always think I'm doing something wrong, so thank you!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UPDATE: She did attempt to come out of her Safe Room last night. It didn't last long - she lost her nerve and ran back inside her playpen, but she tried! It was late - around midnight. :woo:

I was sleeping on the sofa nearby, and I heard her "chirping" (she makes these bird-like sounds), and there she was poking her head in the doorway, almost out into the hall.

Her brother was close by, I think she wanted to say hello to him. :hellosmiley:
Awesome!!! She is getting sooooooo brave. I love that she chirps. I have a former feral that meeps! He used to meep to announce himself and every time he jumps onto something he meeps. It is such a precious thing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Miss Apple is doing just fine, however, she did get out. I was in tears - she was gone for 7 days and then showed up as if nothing had happened. She won't come in, and of course, the trap is out of the question. I am feeding her near the carrier again. But she is just fine - better than I am!

Her "brother" meows at the door all night because he knows she is right there. She knows this is home, I just wish she would come inside!!!

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maintenance was in and out, there was a lot of commotion. She got spooked, I guess. 7 days went by - I didn't know if she was dead, or what. Then her brother (Peanut) starts meowing at the door and lo and behold, it was her, looking quite relaxed and unaware of how panic-stricken her Human had been. :catrub:

Don't worry - I will NOT move without her. But it is a setback, as now I have to catch her again! :runningcat:

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My official lease is up October 4th, but it doesn't matter, as I am not leaving without her. Hopefully, I will catch her soon.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe she'll just walk in the door one day like my ferals did.
That would be awesome. Either way, I am getting her inside again, I just would rather not have to do it against her will. :headscratch:

She knows I am her "mother", she meows to me, and I know she is saying "hello".

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, do sorry she got out. I hope you can get her back inside again before you move. Keep us posted.
I won't leave without her - I'll get her inside. She lays RIGHT next to the door, but won't come in. She hangs out there, she knows that is where "home" is. I'll let you all know once she is back inside.

Laura_au

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow your amazing Hun, Im sorry I don't have any advice as I'm new to this all but I just wanted to say you are doing an amazing job and you are such a great person for doing this. I can't wait to hear your success story down the track :)
Lots of love and well wishes Hun
Laura xx

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, she will hang out by the door (I can see her in the window), but as soon as I crack the door open, she runs a few feet away and won't eat until I go back inside. I will have to trap her again, in her carrier. I am okay with it, whatever gets her back inside. :)

Laura, thank you so much for your kind words! :sunshine:

I just wish she could remember the air conditioning, the meals, her special room with all her toys, her "siblings", and of course, me!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes you are amazing, I fell less crazy when others go above and beyond for our friends, Can you move her food in an inch at a time?
prolly already thought about that!
sheesh wonder where she went and what she did?

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She must have been hunting, because when I saw her days later and put her food out, she only ate a few bites - this was after 7 days. I really don't think anyone else feeds her. She is quite feral.

There is a wooded area behind my unit, I have seen her run in there. Probably lots of tasty critters in there.

I may just try to use the trap again - I don't want to spend a long time on this, I just want my baby back inside. :petcat:

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think putting her playpen in the doorway is a wonderful idea! :hyper:

I don't know if she misses her brother, but the problem is he will run out. I could put his harness on, but it stresses him out. The next time I see her out there, I will hold him up to the window and gauge her reaction. :hellocat: