Can't Tame Feral...i Am Near Tears...need Advice

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Okay, I'll just stick to what she had before.

No, can't touch her. I try to "sneak" pet her on the tail/hindside while she is brushing against the stairwell, and she promptly backs away (she doesn't run away, though). :petcat:

She talks a lot. If she can ever let me touch her, I think she could be quite sociable one day. :anticipation:
If you want to try something new, get one of those super long spoons for a sundae and get a jar of meat baby food. Put some on the end of the spoon...see if she will eat from it..dont pet her yet. Try this for 2 weeks. At the beginning of 3rd week pull it in closer to your leg to see if she will sit next to your leg then hold out your hand below her head to see if she will sniff it. I know it's hard but don't pet her. Let her come to you first. Treats and baby food are good motivators for touching! It may take longer or shorter...the key is to let them set the pace.

Also try putting one of your sweatshirts or flannel shirt out by her bed...she will get used to the way you smell. Cats live by smells where we live by vision/hearing. Cats are funny little creatures aren't they?!