Brand new kitty lover

Xtrachoc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got my first kitten 6 weeks ago, and my second yesterday.🤣 You could say that I fell fast & hard for these bundle of joys. Micah is now 16 weeks & Ozzy is 8 weeks.
How can I encourage the older kitten to play nice? I know Micah is pee'd off with us, as we can't get near, so I hope that he will forgive us soon, but I am more worried for Ozzy

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new kitten parent, to two. :bouquet:

Micah's a little older than Ozzy, but generally kittens accept other kittens much more quickly than an older cat would. So things should work out quickly.

TCS does have this article on How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat | TheCatSite that might have some tips, but really Micah isn't really an older cat, but an older kitten.

If you think it will help, try putting little Ozzy in a separate room so that Micah can have the run of the house and slowly get used to having a younger kitten around. Kittens playing can look like fighting though, so unless there's fur flying, blood, or Ozzy seems scared of Micah things are probably fine. The other thing to watch for is that Micah is still eating normally, and using the litter box ok. But it's only been 1 day, so you hopefully will see things improve sooner than later.

Any pics of these fur babies you can share? :camera:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post | TheCatSite

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Ozzy, and Micah! I have to tell you, "play nice" is not in a kitten's vocabulary! Remember, all playing is really "practicing to hunt something." It looks, and often sounds, much worse than it really is. As rubysmama rubysmama said, if there's no fur in the air, no blood on the floor, and neither is cowering in fear when the other one gets near, they really are doing fine!

1599527569396.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a59761b4cd439fbf1de268bd39cb6bba.gif
Xtrachoc, Micah and Ozzy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
68ae3a05b59600a393f84b44e8c9c352.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Great that you've found joy in the kitties. Please show us photos of them :camera::camera::camera:

Since this is your first time having cats, do read the articles below on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! You are definitely in the right place for all things kitty and all people kitty! Do keep everyone posted on the introducing phase with the kittens. I expect you will find them fast friends with each other very soon.
I do hope you will find time between kitty snuggles to explore the site. There are great articles, tons of wonderful and informative threads and lots of hilarious videos and photos. I was hooked as soon as I found the site. Lol Again, Welcome to you and your fur family!!:welcomesign::hellosmiley::hithere:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xtrachoc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
DSC_1297.JPG
DSC_1296.JPG

I'm also feeling guilty about getting Ozzy, and it doesn't help that Micah has let us know how displeased he is! Although, he did allow me to have him sleep at my feet last night & even allowed me a little cuddle through the night🤣

As you can see, eating and sleeping are ok. Along with your reassuring words, I don't think Micah hates Ozzy, so that's a massive relief💗
Thanks everyone

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... adorable. :redheartpump: Eating together is good, and I think before long, you'll be posting that they've become besties. :catlove:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.... if one starts it and the other finishes it, the starter will learn to avoid starting. ;) Kittens are very good about helping each other learn the house rules.
Thanks for the photos! Precious kitties!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Micah and Ozzy are absolutely adorable. :bicolorcat: :purr: Before you know it they will be a dynamic duo.