All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "The Cat Who Saved Books" for our book club last week.

Then I lucked out and was one of the first to get the e-book from my library of Prince Harry's "Spare", so I read that next and finished yesterday.

Now I'm quickly rereading "Homer's Odyssey" the 2nd book in our "either or both" book club choices for January.

It's probably too late to suggest joining us this month, as the book club discussion starts on the 22nd.

However, February is another "choose your own" month, so maybe some, or even all, of you who post in this thread will consider joining us in the February book club thread, where we will be posting reviews/opinions of the book(s) we read, instead of just the titles. It's always interesting to see what everyone reads, and a definite case where "the more the merrier" applies.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Signs Of The Maze by Agnes Jefferson
A model witnesses a crime they didn't commit.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Meeting At The Maze by Agnes Jefferson
A model is forced to carry out a theft. Everything ends with the reading of the will.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nearly finished rereading The High Girders by John Prebble, about the Tay Bridge Disaster of 1879. I was so chuffed when I found this copy at a book fair in Edinburgh twenty years ago.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy International Women's Day!

I just finished Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. It follows the different destinies of two half-sisters and their respective descendants through many generations, in Africa and in America. Each chapter is a snapshot of a character at a point of his/her life. And through these stories weaved together by family bonds, it touches subjects like the slave trade, colonization, racial discrimination, segregation, etc. Not a light read but beautifully written and expertly crafted. If I were to make a list of all-time must reads, this book would be on it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
K Koveshnikov : nice to see you posting again

P PurrfectlyContent : welcome to TCS, and our reading thread. We've been reading the odd classic in our monthly TCS book club, and considered To Kill a Mockingbird but haven't gotten to it yet.

And speaking of the book club, I'm currently reading Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane, which is our March book. We don't start discussing it till March 22nd, so it's not too late to read it and join us, if anyone is interested. More info in the thread:
March 2023 Book of the Month Club---Pretty Little Wife

And in April we're going to read Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, so if the March book doesn't interest you, maybe April's will. As always, everyone is welcome to join us.
April 2023 Book Of The Month Club - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Status
Not open for further replies.