All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll finish up #9 of the Noodle Shop series...there is a #`0, but it just came out, so I don't have it yet. THEN I get to start the Bubba Snoddy series. I'm really ready to laugh. Chien's books are very good mysteries, and quite cozy, but almost humorless. There are moments here and there, but... I MISS BEING IN SINFUL! I may have to reread the whole thing again! Jana has broken her arm very badly, so it will be sometime next year before the next Miss Fortune book comes out. Darn it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm well into "Bubba and the Dead Woman" now, and thoroughly loving it. It is not the same humor as Miss Fortune, but it is definitely there! I'm chuckling quite frequently!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm well into "Bubba and the Dead Woman" now, and thoroughly loving it. It is not the same humor as Miss Fortune, but it is definitely there! I'm chuckling quite frequently!
you're a fast reader!!!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
you're a fast reader!!!
I am, that, and learned to read at about 3 years old. I also understand and retain anything I am actively interested in very well.

And am now reading the second book, "Bubba and the 12 Deadly Days of Christmas." Um...I think I know Bubba's mama, a most redoubtable elderly Southern woman. I for sure know a lot of women like her!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I'm already up to book 6 now, "Bubba and the 10 Little Loonies," and having more fun! TWO of Bubba's sayings have made their way into my vocabulary! "Karma is a lady-dog, and sometimes she has puppies," and "as welcome as a hair in a biscuit."

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I count on you, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , for cozy mystery suggestions! I can’t always find them at my three libraries (and Hoopla), but the ones I can have been loads of fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.