Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amora is a talker as well lol, but hours before her impending labor she would NOT stop meowing. We didn’t think anything of it either. I got a red one from Walmart, here it was like 12 dollars. As long as it weighs in grams and you can fit a medium sized bowl on there while reading the numbers it’s okay. Digital of course. Lack of appetite is normal with impending labor along with lethargy, excessive meowing, wanting a lot of affection and belly rubs. That was the case for me. Amora however ate constantly but a lot of people say their cats don’t. I’m really not sure if you can get it at walmart...do you have a woodmans where you are? Or a food store that has more exotic options perhaps in a bigger town? Walmart may have it by their milk and coffee creamer section. I will post some very helpful videos of a woman showing how to assist in labor as well if needed. She shows everything closely and is very informative!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This lady is informative , if you watch her series you will likely feel more confident :) I sure did!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bottom mammaries are always the fullest.

Yes, a scale from Walmart is fine. And Walmart should have goats milk.

Getting closer! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got the goats milk for her.. she won't touch it cold. I warmed it in a pot and she drank a little. She just isn't really eating.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got the goats milk for her.. she won't touch it cold. I warmed it in a pot and she drank a little. She just isn't really eating.
Hmm.. I would expect babies soon. However she could just be playing around lol. Amora didn’t like food for awhile but it was 4-5 days before her delivery. She just ate a less. I always hear up my kmr as well. Cats/kittens don’t really like cold food. Once Amoras babies go home I’m switching her to a raw food diet, along with all of my other cats.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea. She's definitely getting close. She looks so miserable! Lol. I know the feeling all too well.
I was doing a raw food diet when we first found her under our house. It helped us gain her trust. It took quite a while to "tame" her. By the time we did. She was already eating neighbors cat food and really clicked to one brand. So I started buying that.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's Amora and the kittens btw?

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's Amora and the kittens btw?
They’re doing well. The runt is failing to grow so I’m looking for a surrogate for him. While sometimes he gets to the nipple and I see him on there, it’s just not enough. He’s refusing the syringe as well and Amora gets very stressed when I even put my hand near them much less touch them. Mostly because they cry when I do pick them up or have them near me. She’s not okay with it lol. So I’m hoping to find a cat with only 1-2 babies that can help with nursing him. He’s so small that even syringe feeding is dangerous. He’s about 10 grams smaller than the others were when they were born.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea. She's definitely getting close. She looks so miserable! Lol. I know the feeling all too well.
I was doing a raw food diet when we first found her under our house. It helped us gain her trust. It took quite a while to "tame" her. By the time we did. She was already eating neighbors cat food and really clicked to one brand. So I started buying that.
Peanut and pistachio are both on instinct raw diet. I would love to start making my own raw food for them in the future.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to take the runt in another room away from mom, burrito wrap him, and get some formula into him.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You need to take the runt in another room away from mom, burrito wrap him, and get some formula into him.
He is eating well now. I will supplement as necessary but I was able to interact with them today and I got him to feed on her for awhile

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my, those sweet babies! Wow.
I hope baby starts nursing on mommy well so you don't need a surrogate. They are all beautiful.

Sassy's still pregnant. I'm waiting anxiously! Luckily I'm off until Wednesday now and hopefully she has them.. which I'm pretty sure she will. We will see.. every day I wake up and think it's the day! But not yet haha

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The day that you think “it’s just another day it probably won’t happen” will probably be the day she has them :lol:

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dreamt of sassy having her kittens last night. Lol... I'm soo ready for this.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, just got home from the store and vought the last thing I needed. The scale! It measures in several ways including grams.
So how do I weigh kittens?
Immediately after born.. or a few hours after nursing? And then how often. Once a day?

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy update for today: she's been sleeping in my bathroom a lot on the carpet, the cold wood floor, and my bed. That's pretty much it. She doesn't go in either f her nesting boxes yet. She's constantly licking, but everywhere not just the genitals. She didn't want to eat much for a few days, but now she's getting there. She's eating half a can of wet kitten food with a cup of warm goats milk in the morning... Dry food and water always available. And the other half can at night with another cup of goats milk .. She seems to really only want the goats milk.. It was hard to get her to eat the wet food or even dry food. Today I gave her a little extra goata milk at lunch time And she was please! Is that too much goats milk? Idk if there is a limit.
Babies are moving around like crazy. Other than that I don't see any other signs of labor

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right after they are born is best, then once a day after that, and preferably at the same time each day.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy update for today: she's been sleeping in my bathroom a lot on the carpet, the cold wood floor, and my bed. That's pretty much it. She doesn't go in either f her nesting boxes yet. She's constantly licking, but everywhere not just the genitals. She didn't want to eat much for a few days, but now she's getting there. She's eating half a can of wet kitten food with a cup of warm goats milk in the morning... Dry food and water always available. And the other half can at night with another cup of goats milk .. She seems to really only want the goats milk.. It was hard to get her to eat the wet food or even dry food. Today I gave her a little extra goata milk at lunch time And she was please! Is that too much goats milk? Idk if there is a limit.
Babies are moving around like crazy. Other than that I don't see any other signs of labor
You can never go wrong with goats milk or kmr! Lol. Amora loves kmr and will even meow and want just kmr. It’s ridiculous lol. I would say that she’s getting very close! I suspect in less than a week :) she’s displaying a lot of amoras behaviors!