Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: So my Sassy has been inside now since Sunday! Her first night she did great. She immediately knew how to use her litter box. I filled it, plopped her in.. She ran out.. And I never had to show her again lol. She's definitely getting bigger, more hair has come off her nipples but not all of it. She's been eating like crazy, and she's been sleeping by my side for days. In my bed, on the couch, where ever I am.
She refused the KMR, I tried it in multiple ways.. So instead. I've been just doing 2 cans kitten wet food. And dry food always full. She seems happy and full with that. She's also drinking more and more water eat day it seems.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awe, sorry to hear that she didn’t like the kmr! All of my cats go crazy over it, especially Amora! It’s great to hear that she’s inside now! Did you try the liquid or the powder? So excited to see her kittens!!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried both! She's very picky. I don't know why she's so picky. lol.
And me too! I think she has a little over a week! Maybe sooner. I can't wait.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may go for the powdered version after she gives birth. Try again then.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's getting so big!!
So far, she's been meowing a lot more, has terrible gas and keeps wanting to sleep on the cold wood floor. From when I noticed she was pregnant(just counted 4 weeks from that day) to now. She is 8 weeks 2 days today.

Attachments

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's getting so big!!
So far, she's been meowing a lot more, has terrible gas and keeps wanting to sleep on the cold wood floor. From when I noticed she was pregnant(just counted 4 weeks from that day) to now. She is 8 weeks 2 days.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gosh my messages keep getting messed up.. but I can feel and see her kittens kick around so much. It's very cool to watch.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited. I keep wondering every day when shes gonna go into labor.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do you know if they have started producing milk? Sassy's nipples are a little crusty.. like dried up milk. But I'm not sure if it's milk or just dry nipples. Her kittens are very wiggly haha. I love it. Makes me happy that I know at least a few are alive. I've read a lot of still born kitten posts lately.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been a member for a few weeks now, I posted about my pregnant girl Sassy! But my thread is going dead and I have some questions that probably won't be seen on my old thread.
Sassy is estimated to be due around Monday. When I first noticed her swollen belly and pink nipples I counted 4 weeks from that day. So today would be around 8 weeks 3 days. Well I noticed her nipples look to ve a little "crusty" I'm unsure if this is dried milk or dry skin? How do I figure out which and can i do anything for dry nipples if that is the culprit? Also I will be working today, tomorrow and Saturday and will be gone majority of the day and wont be home till super late. My husband will be home with her and we have 2 kids also.. so my question is.. should we confine her to our master room(where all her besting boxes are set up) so she doesn't have her kittens somewhere she shouldnt/somewhere dangerous.
If so..I have her litter box in my bar all the way in the living room. Where should I put it if I confine her? In my closet? I'm just concerned she will give birth in laundry baskets or under the bed. And I'm super nervous I wont be here. Any labor and delivery advice is appreciated!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The white spots are dried milk. You can use coconut oil on her nipples though, or they will get dry and sore.

I would put her in your bedroom with her food, water, and litter and keep the door closed.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cool I have lots of coconut oil, I use it for everything. Just wasn't sure about cats. I finally just got home from work, she seems to be doing fine. No signs of labor yet. The wait definitely sucks, I just hope I'm here for her and not at work. Plus my brother in law is visiting tomorrow from out of state and things are just hectic. I just wanna be there for her.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you DreamerRose! I love grey kitties also. (:

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been a member for a few weeks now, I posted about my pregnant girl Sassy! But my thread is going dead and I have some questions that probably won't be seen on my old thread.
Sassy is estimated to be due around Monday. When I first noticed her swollen belly and pink nipples I counted 4 weeks from that day. So today would be around 8 weeks 3 days. Well I noticed her nipples look to ve a little "crusty" I'm unsure if this is dried milk or dry skin? How do I figure out which and can i do anything for dry nipples if that is the culprit? Also I will be working today, tomorrow and Saturday and will be gone majority of the day and wont be home till super late. My husband will be home with her and we have 2 kids also.. so my question is.. should we confine her to our master room(where all her besting boxes are set up) so she doesn't have her kittens somewhere she shouldnt/somewhere dangerous.
If so..I have her litter box in my bar all the way in the living room. Where should I put it if I confine her? In my closet? I'm just concerned she will give birth in laundry baskets or under the bed. And I'm super nervous I wont be here. Any labor and delivery advice is appreciated!!
I was scared too! Amora had her kittens and I didn’t even notice until 3 were out :thud:.
I was hyping up the event so much and thinking of the worst. When in reality, I had to do NOTHING. She cut all the cords herself, cleaned and nutrured all of them, and really just is such a great mother to them. She cares deeply about all of them I can feel it. With that being said, bonding with your cat before this happens is honestly a must. We had Amora for 3 short weeks before she gave birth and now she is still wary of us around her babies which makes it hard for me to do things for them such as weighing and supplementing because it stresses her out A LOT. So much that she moved one and left all the other ones, so I had to feed her and move them all while she was eating and give space so I could clean. You’re lucky to have had her for awhile. Since she is young (Amora is five and this is likely not her first rodeo). I would just have a few things handy. Lots of disposable gloves, a sharp sanitary cutting tool, unwaxed dental floss, a scale, a ton of blankets, and lots of wet food. I know she doesn’t like the kmr, (my cats really go crazy over every brand lol). So that means lots of fluid and high quality foods. Listen for meowing, excessive grooming, and going into the nesting spot. Amora didn’t even go in there but was meowing A LOT the day before and day of! You can do this! Let me know if you have any more question

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy has always been a talker.. she constantly meows.. so I can't tell. Haha. She meows slot, but no more than normal I don't think. Lol
I have all that except the floss idk if it's wax free I need to check that.. and the scale. I was gonna pick one up after work tonight. I can just use a cheap grams scale from Walmart?
Update on Sassy: she looks miserable and never comfortable.. yesterday it seemed her back nipples puffed up.. maybe milk? Also this morning she was meowing like she was starving.(she always has fresh dry food. She hasn't really touched it lately) I gave her a can of wet food. But she barely ate it. Are these signs of impending labor?

Also I wanna get some goats milk, maybe she will like that. Does Walmart sell goats milk? I live in a tiny town.. that's our only store.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was supposed to say bottom nipples* the ones closet to her bum!