Advice On My Pregnant Kitty!!!!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A few months ago we found this kitten under a small crack under our house, she was very scared and it took quite a while for her to gain our trust. She is a mostly outdoors cat, and she's very attached to us now.. we had just set up an appt to get her fixed right before I found out she was pregnant. I don't think she's but 6-7 months old, she's very petite. On April 16th I noticed her belly was swollen, checked her nipples and sure enough they were pink... At that point I thought she must be around 4 weeks.. but she was very noticeably swollen. Idk how I didn't notice. Now it's been a little over 2 weeks, so I assume she is a little over 6 weeks.
I cannot feel the babies "Kick" but I feel like i can feel little bubbles or flutters maybe.. almost like when we are pregnant where you can barely feel little kicks, but not large movements.
Anyways, I have two "house boxes" set up for her, I decorated them, I put in matts at the bottom with blankets over it.. and decorated it with nontoxic organic paint. Lol! She of course chose the box I wanted for her kittens to play in when they started walking instead of the beautiful one I spent a lot of time on, but as long as she is happy I am too.
Now my questions are..
1. Could she be farther along than i think?(What's your estimate?)
2. What point in pregnancy do you feel "flutters" NOT "kicks"
3. I have everything I can think of ready for her, but a list would be nice!
4.With her being so young, is there a higher chance for a small litter.. or stillborns?
Thank you all so much, my baby girls name is Sassy!
*Also wanted to add, she was mostly an outside cat but now she is in a lot more.. I plan to bring her in permanently her last two weeks, and keep her inside until the kittens are weaned and she is spayed!!!! At which point I still want to transition her SOMEHOW into mostly indoor :D
Pics attached!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have more pictures too, Like a few days after I noticed her belly. Just gotta wait till my husband gets home i took the pics on his phone.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
6-7 weeks sounds as a good estimation.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I read all those articles last night!
As far as my girl being so young is she at high risk for complications? And is it likely she will only have a kitten or two because her size??
Here's a pic from this morning. She doesn't even leave my porch outside unless she's going potty.
I will be bringing her in for good Saturday so I can start training her.

Attachments

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Excuse my dirty porch, it was just replaced and I haven't gotten a chance to sweep up all the dirt and stuff just yet.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I know nothing about kittens or pregnant cats. I'm just butting in to say that the box you made was one of the most delightful and heartwarming things I have seen all morning. What a lucky girl, and how cute is that box!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say two kittens, she is not very big. That is good considering she is so small. Good luck and may you be blessed for caring for her!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking the same thing!! Thank you all for the information/advice.. I'll keep everyone updated with pictures :D

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
KarenKat, thank you. That means a lot. I really like crafts. So things like this really inspire me. I recently made some awesome box cars for my kids, super fun.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely going to make my girl a box like this now :loveeyes::loveeyes:. Definitely going to go all out decorating! As far as paint goes, what kind did you use?

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have go green finger paint, and had to use a few layers. I made the white paint myself and also the black(So those weren't "organic" but they are nontoxic still)
Sassy is more comfy on my bed I think. haha :D

Attachments

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another simple paint recipe that is nontoxic, but contains food coloring is..
1C. Warm water
1C. Salt
1C. Flour
And food coloring to your desired color.
You can mix the ratios for better consistency if you like.. less flour.. more water.. etc.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, is she eating enough/too much??
She specifically only likes one kind of dry food, she won't touch any others. So she is eating dry food and kitten wet food. I'm mixing a bowl of dry with half a can of wet in the A.M. and before bed.. plus regular dry is always there if she needs more(She likes to munch all day) is that good enough for her? She won't let me do straight kitten food for her.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So about 1/2 cup Dry mixed with 1/2 Can of wet twice a day, and dry food at her desire is always available!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It all depends on her appetite. For my girl I feed her 1-2 cans of royal canin baby cat and mother cat canned food a day and kmr (as much as she wants). She prefers the powdered form, i use six scoops of formula and 12 scoops of water. I feed her about half of that mixture and I feed her some wet food as well. I always keep food avaliable for her, so she had never let me know she is hungry. She prefers only kmr and canned food, before she was eating blue buffalo kitten food, but recently doesn’t seem interested in it. I say feed whenever she is hungry. Always make sure she has enough calcium and nutrition before she gives birth. This will make for healthy kittens and a healthy mama. My girl was eating kibbles and bits until I brought her home, so now she’s probably a bit confused about the food pampering! None the less she eats and eats! Feed a maximum of 4-5 times a day, try getting your hands on some kmr or another calcium rich food that’s discussed in the articles posted!

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That y'all. I will try to up her canned food intake.. she just really is picky. She doesn't really prefer it much.
As far as the KMR goes. I thought it was okay to wait till after birth to give her some. How much should I give her every day.. I doubt she will drink it, I'd have to add it to her food.

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Sassy: Well yesterday she didn't even want to leave the house or go outside. She was quite attached to my bed. Haha.
Tomorrow after work is the day I transition her into the house 100% I need to get some litter boxes(for a cat that's never used one. What should I get?)

Whitney_erin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I keep typing, while I'm getting ready for work, and I'm sending in increments lol
So yesterday. I could definitely feel the shape of the babies, but they weren't moving around and kicking. I didn't feel or see movements. But I am pretty positive she has at least 2 kittens. If my estimate is accurate she is 6.5 weeks, 7 weeks on Monday(maybe more)